The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian for Hodgson now ?

Guest Cuporbust2

Always find it funny no matter what topic some clown goes through all the threads making idiotic posts about them. Should we make never ending discussions about how awesome the new coach is or the Sedins ? Is a discussion board chief. There are plenty to choose from. Take a hike u don't like this one.

Thanks for being useless ,kinda like Hodgson is to a scoring line, or a dressing room. Take care now.

I got two words for you too......peace out.

This topic has already been talked to death.

Useless is as useless does.

Personally I appreciate goals and assists more than a good attitude, therefore I noticed Hodgson more than Kassian while he was still here. I'm not hating on Kassian but lately I only notice him when he's going to the penalty box.

As of right now I'm still not crazy about the trade and wouldn't do it over again. Also, let's not forget that before the trade happened and Gillis "justified" it with his smear campaign, most of us were quite high on Hodgson.

Hindsight means we're still dwelling on the past...I prefer to look forward. I like Kass, he's a little rough around the edges and a work in progress, but it's his attitude I like. Discipline's a bit of an issue, but he stands his ground and I like that. We need other teams to know that we do that, that we aren't backing away. Two different types of players...I won't throw Cody under the bus, but feel Zack's more of a "got your back" player. Reckless, but channel that energy and it's an asset.

This group has shed some of the all about me players whose egos were always jostling for position. Team first must prevail.

Really, this trade has to be the biggest wash out in the NHL. Neither player has done anything for their team. I don't see Hodgson being with the Sabres much longer given he's been in two different doghouses. Meanwhile Kassian's done what? Nothing. All he's done is be inconsistent game in and game out. Right now he's looking more like a bust then the boom we want/need. He's shaping into a draft bust. I think both players have severely underachieved, and they both know it.

Really, this trade has to be the biggest wash out in the NHL. Neither player has done anything for this team. I don't see Hodgson being with the Sabres much longer given he's been in two different doghouses. Meanwhile Kassian's done what? Nothing. All he's done is be inconsistent game in and game out. Right now he's looking more like a bust then the boom we want/need. He's shaping into a draft bust. I think both players have severely underachieved, and they both know it.

Kassian hasn't gotten any significant time in the top six and has still put up alright numbers. Hodgson on the other hand, has gotten top six time and even played with Vanek and Pominville and still underachieved. I'd take Kassian at this point.

Kassian hasn't gotten any significant time in the top six and has still put up alright numbers. Hodgson on the other hand, has gotten top six time and even played with Vanek and Pominville and still underachieved. I'd take Kassian at this point.

True, very good point. I love Kassian and the build he is, we have a heavy hitter. But at the same time, for the last 2-3 years, all I've heard is "Kass will break out this year!" Still waiting for it and time is ticking.

Cody had been a 20 goal scorer. I wouldn't say he's done absolutey nothing. He "can" score , but when he's not , he's useless. And he is WAY overpaid for the possibility of 20 goals. Kassian is a much more useful player all around unless Cody was a consistent 20 goal scorrer.

where are people getting this consistent crap???? first full year in the league 19 goals. then 15 in a half season with the lock out on pace for 30... then he scored 20 goals last year.... and that brings us to this year..... seems pretty consistent to me.... yeah hes a minus 9 but hes on a shipwreck of a team with no goalie and will probably still hit the 20+ goal mark and not to mention he is 54% on faceoffs right now. i love how when trying to degrade a player people bring up consistency.. nbut yet in this argument kassian is the poster boy of being inconsistent .... but many of you think just because a guy doesnt score every night hes inconsistent.... well guess what even 40 goal scorers dont score every night!!!

I haven't watched Hodgson play this year, so can't say for sure, but anyone that says Kassian hasn't done anything for his team has no clue about hockey. That said, I would have thought Kassian would have a few more points considering his great passing ability. Although a good pass to a third or fourth line line mate isn't going to garner the same points as a good pass to a second or third line player. I can see why they haven't moved Kassian to the second or third line as he sometimes looks lost out there, mis-timing his movements and hits. I've been happy with the Kassian/Hodgson trade from the start. All I can say about Hodgson is, be carefully what you wish for.

last time cody played with players like vanek and pominville on his line was the lockout year and he was on pace for 30 goales and 70 points for a full season.... thats underachieving to you?

You mean to tell me Cody is struggling under the Legendary coaching of Ted Nolan and is not buying into the championship mentality of the Buffalo Sabres?

Wahhhhhhhhh???????

Seriously that whole franchise is in tank mode so I dont blame any of the Sabres for not trying.

Both are having average seasons.

However Hodgson at 4.25 mil having 2 points and being a minus 8 is pretty bad.

Hodgson also only averaging 10 minutes and 1 shot per game.

Hodgson is also playing for a terrible team. That being said, I still don't think he'd be anything spectacular on a good team, 2nd line centre at best. 2nd line winger is also the best we can hope for Kassian. Neither will be much of a force in the NHL. That's my opinion anyway.

True, very good point. I love Kassian and the build he is, we have a heavy hitter. But at the same time, for the last 2-3 years, all I've heard is "Kass will break out this year!" Still waiting for it and time is ticking.

I think people keep saying Kass will break-out because they expect that a coach is finally going to move him up the lineup and give him decent linemates.

He spent most of last season playing with David Booth, AND might I add, actually produced with that useless pile of crap towards the end of the year. This year he is stuck on a line with Mathias who is turning out to be a complete waste of space on the lineup.

I don't mind Kassian on the third line or fourth or second or whatever, since everyone seems to be getting decent ice-time, as long as he gets some NHL quality players that compliment his game.

Tom Sestito has 1 less point in 11 less games then Hodgson but is +1 compared to Hodgson's -9. I rather keep Sestito then lose a lopsided trade to Buffalo :bigblush::emot-parrot:

This is a perfect example of how misleading stats can be, not that we want Cody back but who in there right mind wouldn't pull that trade off in a heartbeat.

I think most of us got this one wrong . at first it was very easy to .. I have a friend from Buffalo who is a massive sabre fan . When this deal was made he was so angry about it .. I told him he was a fool and that hodgson was a superstar in the making .

Turns out I owe my pal an apology

Just my opinion but Kass will mean far more to this team than cody could have

Archived