The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 5 - 2 Avalanche

-Vintage Canuck-

I say so far both did. Canucks won because they replaced a person who wanted out (and a pick) and got a Top 6 D-Man and Two Picks to boot.

The Ducks will still be a great team with or without Kesler and I think The Ducks are looking for Kesler to dominate in the Playoffs.

I'm no soothsayer, but I'm predicting that Kesler's body will break down sometime throughout the season and he'll be wobbling into the playoffs as a game time decision.

wait til a bunch of teams dont have any proper starters from injury bugs or crappy tenders ( oilers, ducks, canes, sabres, caps, isles, hawks, blues, jets). at deadline lets get a first rounder and a good d prospect for one of (lack, markstrom, ericksson). fingers crossed some teams get desperate for our goalie riches im really ok with miller taking this team to the cup with a one swede as our backup until demko is ready in 3-4 yrs name one other team with as deep a goalie poole we are miles ahead in this position

It can't be understated how important it was to start that road trip off with a win.

California is gonna be Thunderdome, and the Canucks are gonna have to be at their best to get some points.

So much better to be going in on a high though. Now they know they can win when they're down, which is huge.

Considering JB's assessment of the Canucks (to paraphrase)..."we seem to be good against the bigger teams and seem to have some trouble with the fast skating teams", I'm excited about how we match up against the "GIANTS" of California.

IMO, if the team comes out moving their feet and owning the puck, these big-bodied California teams may have to be worried about matching up against us...but as Willie says, the team hasn't done anything until they have done it.

It can't be understated how important it was to start that road trip off with a win.

California is gonna be Thunderdome, and the Canucks are gonna have to be at their best to get some points.

So much better to be going in on a high though. Now they know they can win when they're down, which is huge.

The California teams don't seem to be hitting their stride yet. Might be good timing to build more confidence.

Considering JB's assessment of the Canucks (to paraphrase)..."we seem to be good against the bigger teams and seem to have some trouble with the fast skating teams", I'm excited about how we match up against the "GIANTS" of California.

IMO, if the team comes out moving their feet and owning the puck, these big-bodied California teams may have to be worried about matching up against us...but as Willie says, the team hasn't done anything until they have done it.

I also think it has to do with being emotionally invested.

Against the California teams there's always animosity and some rough stuff. And when the Canucks are the more disciplined team, they can definitely take advantage of these teams.

ducks are dominating their weakness will be in net especially with gibson out 6-8 weeks

sharks arent doing to hot minus boyle as their ppqb and thornton will not be there by deadline hertl has disapeared in the sophmore jinx

kings have done well considering voynov is suspended and they will miss mitchells vetran play

Archived