The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 5 - 2 Avalanche

-Vintage Canuck-

And... the Henrik Sedin goal at the end of the 2nd was awesome.

Did everyone see? He was on the ice for 1:27 shift before he scored that goal. He (and the others) must have been exhausted! A minute and a half shift to score with just 4 seconds left = awesome. These guys are FIT and in great shape.

Makes a difference when you don't play 25+ minutes a game.

Horvat

8:52 minutes of 5-on-5 ice time, 1 shot, +1 rating.

Set the screen on Dorsett's goal & just missed the tip.

Was not out of position once, was making smooth passes, great defensive reads, and hit the net hard every chance.

Misplay of the game

*end of 2nd period, score 2-1 for Avs*

04/11/14 ~ RIP. Never forget.

Play of the game

Apricot for jinxing the Avs shutout!

Secondary scoring/4 line effort

Hank 1 goal, Bonino 2, Matthias another, Dorsett the other. 4 lines!

Hahahahahha, why thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it's not fair to compare, and I know Eddie will bounce back, but......

Ryan Miller

9-1-0 ... 2.21 GAA ... .917 sv%

Eddie Lack

0-3-0 ... 4.19 GAA ... .875 sv%

This is why we got Miller and I bet we are glad we got him now. He is a replica of Luongo but without all the drama, flustered net presence, LONG contract and history in Vancouver. Luongo and Miller both needed fresh starts and they both got them. I know it sucks for Eddie Lack, but he is doing the team a favour by playing horribly. It means there's no goalie controversy. It means that if Miller has a bad game, people won't be saying "Put lack in". That's important.

- We actually made a comeback. I can't ask for more then this.

- Matthias exploded this game - hopefully this means he just had a slow start to the season

- Seeing great chemistry on all lines

- Miller turning into a brick wall instead of collapsing during a 2 goal deficit

- Bonino is playing amazing lately

- Higgins is playing amazing lately. Right now he certainly deserves a spot on the 2nd line

- Horvat played well in his first game. Expecting a bright future out of him. Also Horvat's dad > Hodgeson's dad

- Dorsett and Vey played great as well. So far both players are doing way better than I expected.

Apart from Bieksa's 3 penalties there was nothing I didn't like about this game.

That Kesler trade is starting to look like a landslide...

I wouldn't go that far.

But lets just say, the people who were lamenting the trade, and the Ducks fans that were ripping us, are pretty silent now.

And as for BanTSN saying Bonino isn't a second line center...ready to admit you were wrong? ;)

That being said I didn't think Bonino would be this good..

I know it is only 13 games into the season, but...

Anyone else think we really won that Kesler trade?

I say so far both did. Canucks won because they replaced a person who wanted out (and a pick) and got a Top 6 D-Man and Two Picks to boot.

The Ducks will still be a great team with or without Kesler and I think The Ducks are looking for Kesler to dominate in the Playoffs.

Archived