The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings Fan ... I Come in Peace

awagner22

Hello all,

I'm a Kings fan planning on spending a few days in Vancouver, including catching the New Years Day game at Rogers. Had a couple Qs as I'm setting this trip up:

1) Seeing that upper concourse tix are going for around $80 on secondary market. Is that a normal price or should I wait for lower prices (obviously not the same market, but upper level seats at LA can be had for around half the price)?

2) What are some must-see Vancover destinations in the downtown area? Will only be in town for a few days and figured it would be best to hear from the locals what the best spots are to hit in a short time.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm a Kings fan planning on spending a few days in Vancouver, including catching the New Years Day game at Rogers. Had a couple Qs as I'm setting this trip up:

1) Seeing that upper concourse tix are going for around $80 on secondary market. Is that a normal price or should I wait for lower prices (obviously not the same market, but upper level seats at LA can be had for around half the price)?

2) What are some must-see Vancover destinations in the downtown area? Will only be in town for a few days and figured it would be best to hear from the locals what the best spots are to hit in a short time.

Thanks!

I'd buy your tickets now if you wait and the Canucks are playing this well come new years the ticket prices will be much higher.

1. Buy tickets now while people still aren't on the bandwagon; prices are probably going to go up.

2. The lounge at the BCMP HQ is a must-visit. In terms of scenery, you can't go wrong with Stanley Park or any number of places along the North Shore if you do decide to leave downtown (being from Lynn Valley I would normally say visit the canyon but there's mudslides and flooding right now I hear). Granville Island's nice.

Go to Beaver Lake in Stanley Park and bring some peanuts. The birds will eat out your hand and it is a nice walk.

You really should see Main and Hastings as stated above, for the experience.

The VAG has an exhibit on China Emperors that was really cool.

Get the upper concourse tickets for $80. LA Kings games are like a "premium" game in the Canucks ticketing stand point so that's pretty cheap in this market.

Walk around Gastown if you're in the downtown area. Sight to see.

And for those that mentioned Main and Hastings, that's nothing. The guy is from LA. If you've been to downtown Los Angeles, Main and Hastings is nothing compared to what happens in and around downtown LA (aside from the Staples Centre area).

Go to Beaver Lake in Stanley Park and bring some peanuts. The birds will eat out your hand and it is a nice walk.

You really should see Main and Hastings as stated above, for the experience.

The VAG has an exhibit on China Emperors that was really cool.

Birds? In January. I doubt it.

- Have brunch at Cafe Medina, at Robson and Thurlow.

- Ride the full circuit on the Skytrain and take the Seabus to N Van. Take a bus to Grouse Mtn and take the gondola up for some great panoramic shoots.

- Eat at Hapa Izakaya for dinner

- Do a micro brewery walking tour

Birds? In January. I doubt it.

- Have brunch at Cafe Medina, at Robson and Thurlow.

- Ride the full circuit on the Skytrain and take the Seabus to N Van. Take a bus to Grouse Mtn and take the gondola up for some great panoramic shoots.

- Eat at Hapa Izakaya for dinner

- Do a micro brewery walking tour

He's right. Stanley Park is still nice, but most of the birds will not be there in January. The China exhibit runs till Jan 11 though. He's also right on the Grouse Mtn gondola if it's a nice day.

You definitly must tour the Down Town East side in the evening, weekends are the best for site seeing. I'd suggest hitting up a walk down Granville during that time as well.

Many of the fast food restuarants in the area have black lights in the washroom to help get you in the party mood!

I second what people have said, buy the tickets now because they will only go up in price if the Canucks keep playing as well. Welcome to Canada, we take this crap seriously.

As for where to visit, I would definitely check out Granville island. The marketplace has great atmosphere to it and you can finish with some beers from Granville Island Brewery.

Hit up Grouse Mountain as well. It's only about a 45 minute transit ride away from downtown and even if snowboarding or skiing isn;t your thing, it will be beautiful around new years.

Archived