The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to trade Kassian is now, and not later.

Piggy Bank

Except that every other player that you mentioned actually would have had some value to other teams in the league. Selling low and buying high is not a recipe for success in any business.

It's more people see Kassian as this superstar which he clearly isn't, but people continue believing he is, but he just needs more time.... Every other player I mentioned have had topics on this board for being traded, but out of them all I've never seen so many people against trading them like Kassian. They either feel they are washed up or just useless, but on Kassian he's got so much potential he brings so much to this team your crazy to even suggest trading this guy, no your not because he's not as good as people think he is, and your right he has no value to other teams because he's just not that good.

It's more people see Kassian as this superstar which he clearly isn't, but people continue believing he is, but he just needs more time.... Every other player I mentioned have had topics on this board for being traded, but out of them all I've never seen so many people against trading them like Kassian. They either feel they are washed up or just useless, but on Kassian he's got so much potential he brings so much to this team your crazy to even suggest trading this guy, no your not because he's not as good as people think he is, and your right he has no value to other teams because he's just not that good.

I think people believe that he has to potential to be a star, which is not out of the realm of possibility, considering his draft position and his raw skill set.

It's exactly for that reason that I made the Bertuzzi comparison. If you go back and look at Bert's early career in Long Island, it's very similar to what Kass is going through right now. Since there is little to be gained from a Kassian trade at this point of his career, it makes sense to give him more time and hope that he develops into the type of power forward that the Islanders gave up on.

I guess I'm a fool it's both...

Minus the fool part. We're all entitled to our opinions.

To be serious for a moment though, I'm not saying Kassian will be a star, or that Cody will be a star, I just wouldn't trade Kassian for the sake of making a trade. He's not costing us games and he's not going to get a return that is better than what he brings to the table now. It is my opinion that it makes more sense to keep him with Richardson on the 3rd and see where where his potential maxes out. I'm not going to dwell on a trade that still hasn't seen a clear winner or loser....and even if Cody lights it up and we clearly lose the trade, there's still no reason to dwell on it or blame Kassian. Kassian didn't trade Kassian for Cody.

It's funny how people assume that Kassian is 23 therefore he should be a superstar by now.

Just watch, next year it will be Horvat who people complain about. He'll play defensively sound and play well for us, but he'll get on some soft streak and people will want him traded. lol

text-poster-with-part-of-the-letters-mis

I think people believe that he has to potential to be a star, which is not out of the realm of possibility, considering his draft position and his raw skill set.

It's exactly for that reason that I made the Bertuzzi comparison. If you go back and look at Bert's early career in Long Island, it's very similar to what Kass is going through right now. Since there is little to be gained from a Kassian trade at this point of his career, it makes sense to give him more time and hope that he develops into the type of power forward that the Islanders gave up on.

Personally I never liked Bertuzzi when he started in Vancouver, he was a selfish player tried to do everything himself wasn't a team player, but he eventually adapted and changed for the team, that's when I started liking him more. Kassian I don't see that in him, he is a more team player, but it just seems like it's the 1 word that will haunt him forever CONSITENCY this is what he lacks big time and coaches see this. Still after 3 years it's the same thing, and people continue to say give him a couple more years it's never ending. I just don't see how hard it is to figure out, play every game hard, play every shift hard it's common sense, but he seem to lack in this.

Minus the fool part. We're all entitled to our opinions.

To be serious for a moment though, I'm not saying Kassian will be a star, or that Cody will be a star, I just wouldn't trade Kassian for the sake of making a trade. He's not costing us games and he's not going to get a return that is better than what he brings to the table now. It is my opinion that it makes more sense to keep him with Richardson on the 3rd and see where where his potential maxes out. I'm not going to dwell on a trade that still hasn't seen a clear winner or loser....and even if Cody lights it up and we clearly lose the trade, there's still no reason to dwell on it or blame Kassian. Kassian didn't trade Kassian for Cody.

If there's a trade that somehow invloves a first round pick in 2015 would you not be more interested.....

Personally I never liked Bertuzzi when he started in Vancouver, he was a selfish player tried to do everything himself wasn't a team player, but he eventually adapted and changed for the team, that's when I started liking him more. Kassian I don't see that in him, he is a more team player, but it just seems like it's the 1 word that will haunt him forever CONSITENCY this is what he lacks big time and coaches see this. Still after 3 years it's the same thing, and people continue to say give him a couple more years it's never ending. I just don't see how hard it is to figure out, play every game hard, play every shift hard it's common sense, but he seem to lack in this.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I don't think that you have nearly enough information to make that call.

It's possible that you could be correct, but at this point, it's a complete guess.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I don't think that you have nearly enough information to make that call.

It's possible that you could be correct, but at this point, it's a complete guess.

I'm compairing him to Bertuzzi, Bertuzzi was selfish wouldn't pass the puck wouldn't use his teammates, Kassian from what I've seen actually makes some nice passes and uses his teammates that's what I'm implying.

"..it just seems like..." is hardly drawing a line in the sand.

I just don't see how hard it is to figure out, play every game hard, play every shift hard it's common sense, but he seem to lack in this.

Damn, you figured it all out! What kept you from making the NHL? Injury?

yup, isn't hard at all. You're the man!... Seriously dude, just stop posting...

If JB can find a MG GM and trade him off/package him for a young PMD I am all for it.

Archived