The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Semifinal • Jan. 04 • Canada vs. Slovakia • 5:00 PM PT

Godla has been fantastic but I hope that the people saying we need to draft him have seen more than 6 games from him this year.

Cheering for Russians against Canada. Too cocky of a team in this tournament. GG Canada but your demise will come in the gold medal. SLOVAKIJA FOR BRONZE!

Both coach and players for Team Canada have done nothing but say how every game is tough and that nobody can be taken lightly. After the 8-0 win over Denmark, a Canadian player said that the score wasn't indicative of how the Danes played. Said it could have been a different game if the Danes had capitalized on their early chances. Sure sounds cocky to me. You're looking to put down the Canadian team with no basis.

Team looked really, really good in the 3rd period. I think we might see a blowout against Russia, team is playing so well, speed through the neutral zone, possession in the offensive zone. Domination.

I hope we see Petan-McDavid-Lazar together.

Cheering for Russians against Canada. Too cocky of a team in this tournament. GG Canada but your demise will come in the gold medal. SLOVAKIJA FOR BRONZE!

I can never understand why teens find it funny to go out of their way to annoy people

Anyways... Great effort by Slovakia, hope they win the bronze. Bring on Russia!

Team looked really, really good in the 3rd period. I think we might see a blowout against Russia, team is playing so well, speed through the neutral zone, possession in the offensive zone. Domination.

I hope we see Petan-McDavid-Lazar together.

I disagree. I don't see a blowout in the finals at all.

Little sad for the named Slovakia player of the game but so happy the crowd chanted "goalie! goalie!" for Godla. He deserved the honor twice over and at least he knows that fact was recognized by someone.

Hope he's not too exhausted to have a repeat performance tomorrow because that's likely the only chance he has of getting a medal.

I disagree. I don't see a blowout in the finals at all.

Well not like a Denmark or Slovakia game but I think we might see something like a 5-2, 3-0 or a 4-1 game. A 3 goal game in Canada's favour with Canada really owning the play.

Well not like a Denmark or Slovakia game but I think we might see something like a 5-2, 3-0 or a 4-1 game. A 3 goal game in Canada's favour with Canada really owning the play.

I get the feeling it's going to be a tight game going into the third period. Maybe a team will pull away late but I think most of it will be played closely (score-wise).

Archived