The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Point Leader Kane Injured - Did he dive?

Fateless

Don't get me wrong, I think Kane is a great player and plays a pretty clean game.

With that said, you can judge for yourself, but the video looks like a dive gone wrong.

Here is the video: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=754960&navid=nhl:topheads

There is almost a second or two in between the mild cross-check and Kane losing his footing going into the boards. I hardly see this as vicious and it almost looks like Kane dives or at the very least loses his footing on his own causing an injury.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

"Patrick Kane takes a nasty hit from behind"

Yeah, That wasn't nasty at all.

So, he either dove or lost his balance... I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and that he lost his balance. But, if it's the case that he dove, then... this is the proof that hockey god exists!!!!!

As much as I dislike the guys attitude, that's no dive. He lost his balance in conjunction to the cross check from behind. When your as light as Kane and skate the way he does (which keeps you near the edge of your balance to increase your speed) it doesn't take much to lose your balance.

The guy who hit him had no clue of this so was surprised he went down so easy, thus making it look like a dive.

LOL he's injured and you question if he dove..

Petrovic pushes him from the back - imagine you're running forward and someone pushes you from the back

That's what would happen

LOL he's injured and you question if he dove..

Petrovic pushes him from the back - imagine you're running forward and someone pushes you from the back

That's what would happen

Except if you watch the replay in slow-mo, it doesn't appear that Kane suffers from loss of balance until moments after the shove.

People get injured all the time for attempting to embellish a call, its not that crazy.

I also mentioned he may have lost balance but that it doesn't appear to be related to the "cross-check".

Pretty soft cross check. Delayed fall.. Rough injury but that looks like a dive.

"no chance to defend/protect himself" from the Chicago commentator. I think that's definitely an embellishment gone horribly wrong for the "coulda shoulda woulda" Art Ross leader

I don't think Kane is stupid enough to "dive" head/shoulder first into the boards in an attempt to draw a 2 minute minor. He may have antics, but that would be completely idiotic no?

The push is so incredibly slight, but it is on the hips just a fraction before his left skate ticks against the ice. It looks like his skate skips, and he goes down.

IF it's a dive, and I have a hard time believing it is (even though it looks a little suspect), it was a reckless one for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvd8-QI1Vo

Except if you watch the replay in slow-mo, it doesn't appear that Kane suffers from loss of balance until moments after the shove.

People get injured all the time for attempting to embellish a call, its not that crazy.

I also mentioned he may have lost balance but that it doesn't appear to be related to the "cross-check".

Because he was pushed in a direction he was already going

Hansen had a pretty bad embellishment today so lets try not to be to0 bias..but yeah throwing yourself head first into the boards for a two minute powerplay is pretty stupid. Maybe he just lost his balance who knows, just hope hes not hurt too bad.

No, no he didn't. Check out the stick around his throat..screen-shot-2015-02-24-at-5-23-12-pm.png

I almost feel bad for the Hawks commentators because our team certainly knows about injury trouble but I had to lol at "nasty hit from behind". That was neither a hit nor was it from behind. It was a crosscheck to the side. Definitely not a dive though. Kane just lost his footing from the crosscheck.

These guys are in the NHL, they aren't timbits. A light shove like that should not throw you off balance that easily, if that were the case we would see it alot more often, pushes to the side like that happen 50 times a game with no negative results.

It's not even debatable, this is not a dive.

I don't think Kane is stupid enough to "dive" head/shoulder first into the boards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvd8-QI1Vo

Look at his left skate in the video 0:37 seconds. He is in the process of lifting his skate and settling it when he is given the push, so he loses his balance. This is not even debatable guys.

Archived