The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos to Daniel Sedin on overtaking 4 former Canucks on the NHL all time points list

rizzuto&hatoum

I don't know if it's been mentioned but over the last couple weeks, Daniel has overtaken Naslund (869), Ronning (869), Linden (867) and Ivan Boldirev (866) in NHL career points to now rank 113th all time.

I don't think he gets enough praise for his accomplishments as he sometimes gets overshadowed by Henrik (99th all time).

So kudos to Daniel.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but over the last couple weeks, Daniel has overtaken Naslund (869), Ronning (869), Linden (867) and Ivan Boldirev (866) in NHL career points to now rank 113th all time.

I don't think he gets enough praise for his accomplishments as he sometimes gets overshadowed by Henrik (99th all time).

So kudos to Daniel.

I still think Henrik is just a little better. I only wish Daniel could get his shot back.

So kudos to Daniel.

Sedins get a lot of heat on here, but not nearly enough praise (or respect from around the league).

So kudos to you for making this thread.

Only 25 more points to catch Ferraro.

When you look at the names in the list around where either Sedin is today, it is pretty telling about how good these guys are.If they were as soft and easily pushed out of the game as some people still think, they wouldn't be in the same company as a lot of great players.

I like one particular description of them in a article last month.

"If you don't respect them now, you'll find out when they retire, for the day they retire only then will the fans of Vancouver realize that they will never see a more dynamic duo in its history."

The western conference always had lower scoring leaders compared to the east. And yet the Sedins continually remains among the top western conference point producers since they became elite players. What's more impressive is how they are doing relative to their age; they are the oldest players in the top 20 in scoring, some of the guys around them are 8- 12 years younger.

I don't see anyone capable of replacing the points these guys put up in our current crop of prospects. These guys truly are the reason we have had so much success the last 8 or 9 year.

the Sedins are tough no doubt.. but only problem with them is when the other team is too physical the Sedins seem to be completely neutralize and don't pose a threat.. but they will continue take the beating and try

I have noticed that the heavier teams sometimes neutralize the twins but usually in doing so they open up room for others on our team. With four lines scoring that means the opponents have a problem because they need their best on the twins.

I still think Henrik is just a little better. I only wish Daniel could get his shot back.

Remember how dominant the Sedins were when Daniel had that shot. He could easily have 25 goals by now if he still had it.

Archived