The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to Bring Back Zack Kassian!

Zigmund.Palffy

I prefer these short term update threads as opposed to those long threads that don't really have any info. These ones get more exposure so you get a more updated answer faster. Call me lazy...

I believe he'd rather complain for the sake of complaining.

clever-girl.jpg

:rolleyes:

I prefer these short term update threads as opposed to those long threads that don't really have any info. These ones get more exposure so you get a more updated answer faster. Call me lazy...

Ok, lazy. :P

But that's why there's an easy to find injury thread pinned at the top of Canucks Talk. Not only do the latest posts have current info, but the very first post is mean to be updated frequently. You just have to go to either the first page or the last page.

Lo and behold, there are recent posts with the latest on Kassian...

really hope kassian is back , guys like ferland needs to be taught a lesson , missing one of our toughest players that can stick up for our teammates!

Has anyone have any news on Kassian ?

Done for the year. Needs surgery to repair bulging disc in his vertebra

Was expecting to hear about surgery. Hope he makes a full recovery. But this ends the "trade Kassian" discussion. No one would take him in trade until it is clear that the surgery was successful and he can play again.

But I am not sure why Kassian has a reputation for physical play. Yes he is big and strong. But he does not make a lot of hits and is not a particularly good fighter. When healthy his best strategy is to play a hard simple straight line game, using his size and strength to go the net in the offensive zone and to win puck battles in the D zone.

This

totally agree Zack would shut down Ferlund with in one period. Every game i have watched when Zack puts his heart into it the canucks win!!! i know i am kinda biased as he is my fav canuck.... but long story short we need him we dont have any more players that can jump in the roll he plays...

you have a short memory? Kassian was on pace for 20 goals this season (lucic had 18), can hit harder than any player in this series and smash a man's face in with one punch. Yeah, who needs that in the playoffs?

How much of that does he really do though? People really want him to be that type of player but he has shown he really is more of a play-maker than a goon or a power forward.

you and who?

Oh wow! Internet tough guy. Please explain how anyone "won" this trade. Really, please go ahead.

Haha wow, very cynical. So much hate for kass.

Not hate, just stating a fact.

Hodgson suffer a severe back injury. Delaying his development and perhaps limited what he's able to do in the NHL.

Kassian, a developing player. Unable to be consistent and now injured. Who knows what lasting impact (if any) this injury can have on him.

Supposed fans were more than happy to trash CoHo (after proclaiming him the next saviour) in favour of Kassian. Claiming he's damaged goods, etc.... and now Kassian is "damaged".... so where's the trashing of him now?

Archived