The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kronwall suspended for game 7

I'm starting to really dislike the new NHL. NHL = No Hit League.

I miss the days when you were allowed to make hits and the onus was on the puck carrier to keep his head up. I guess this is the beginning of the end for players getting Kronwalled.

This makes me sad.

I don't agree or disagree with the suspension. He hit the head and left his feet but he's made that same hit countless times and never been suspended. Plus its game 7! Does that mean if he did it in the regular season he'd have got more games? The league is so inconsistent with discipline I don't know what to expect anymore.

I don't agree or disagree with the suspension. He hit the head and left his feet but he's made that same hit countless times and never been suspended. Plus its game 7! Does that mean if he did it in the regular season he'd have got more games? The league is so inconsistent with discipline I don't know what to expect anymore.

Agreed. Could have fined him and sent the message without putting Detroit at such a significant disadvantage. If I'm Detroit, I am pretty upset with the NHL's DOPS deciding now is the time to determine this is illegal.

Clean ? Principal point of contact was his forearm/elbow to head.

Niklas_Kronwall_Hit.jpg

Well, what are you supposed to do? Not hit the guy in the danger zone? He's not coming at an angle to make the hit so hitting shoulder to shoulder is impossible. Head on collision and Kucherov got smoked because he didn't expect it.

Well, what are you supposed to do? Not hit the guy in the danger zone? He's not coming at an angle to make the hit so hitting shoulder to shoulder is impossible. Head on collision and Kucherov got smoked because he didn't expect it.

not jump would be a start.

If someone can slow the frames down to show this then great. Because people cried about Aaron Rome jumping into his hit and he literally did no such thing.

that is very true,

If someone can slow the frames down to show this then great. Because people cried about Aaron Rome jumping into his hit and he literally did no such thing.

well, usually kronwall gets all the way backwards so his back hits the guy, this time he was partially sideways, left his feet and planted his forearm into the guys head. I think if he doesnt jump on this play its a perfectly legal hit and nothing comes of it. But when you jump or elevate it is automatically charging (hello ferland) and with an injury to the head that comes with a suspension.

tough blow for the wings especially since nothing else has been called this playoffs which makes it seem really harsh, but i think the league has been way to lax since shanny has been gone and needs to tighten up its rules on headhits again.

Clean ? Principal point of contact was his forearm/elbow to head.

Niklas_Kronwall_Hit.jpg

That's not what made it a suspension. Head contact is legal when delivering a full body check. It was launching himself off the ice ice prior to contact that make it a suspendable act. That is charging. Which is what he was suspended for. Had he kept his skates on the ice it would have been a legal hit despite the head contact.

Archived