The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

6 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

Did you actually watch any of the games he played?  It would appear not...........He easily held his own and got better during his brief tenure of 5 games.   He could have easily had several points - just soo happens that he didn't.  I can only assume you look at the stats only and came up with this conclusion.

I would be quite surprised if he doesn't start the year with the big club.   I realize there are a lot of bodies atm but I think there's gonna be a trade or 2 to alleviate some of the logjam.  Gaudette strikes me as a very hard worker (having already overcome long odds to get here) and I highly doubt he had anything but a very good offseason.  Assuming that's the case he will be on the team come opening day.

What you aren't understanding is that the comets will have a sick team and he could be a leader on that team. They could win the Calder. The flip side is throw him to the wolves on a bad team in the nhl where he and the rest of the team will get owned. 

Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

What you aren't understanding is that the comets will have a sick team and he could be a leader on that team. They could win the Calder. The flip side is throw him to the wolves on a bad team in the nhl where he and the rest of the team will get owned. 

Sure he could - this isn't rocket science.......lol........You were just talking like he doesn't deserve to be in the NHL based on his point totals in 5 games (that it wouldn't appear you actually watched).   I guess it's what you think is best for the development of a player.  Personally I think if a player is good enough to play in the NHL he plays in the NHL.

Green likes him and talked about how he loved how he improved every game he was here - which is exactly what I saw.   I tend to think he's going to be given every opportunity to win an offensive role on our team - perhaps even as center.   Who else is going to fill that role?    I really hope Jim isn't seriously considering putting Sutter in a second line center offensive role - that is NOT at all where his strengths lie.    Overall I think there are going to be some trades to come to help alleviate a bit of the logjam we have upfront.

3 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

Sure he could - this isn't rocket science.......lol........You were just talking like he doesn't deserve to be in the NHL based on his point totals in 5 games (that it wouldn't appear you actually watched).   I guess it's what you think is best for the development of a player.  Personally I think if a player is good enough to play in the NHL he plays in the NHL.

Green likes him and talked about how he loved how he improved every game he was here - which is exactly what I saw.   I tend to think he's going to be given every opportunity to win an offensive role on our team - perhaps even as center.   Who else is going to fill that role?    I really hope Jim isn't seriously considering putting Sutter in a second line center offensive role - that is NOT at all where his strengths lie.    Overall I think there are going to be some trades to come to help alleviate a bit of the logjam we have upfront.

Not what I said, that's how you took it

9 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Okay, you didn't really tell us why you think he's not good enough for the NHL. 0pts in 5gps, so what? He had sheltered minutes and wasnt gifted mintues and PP time like Boeser had. Even still, he could have had 2-3 points just in the final game of the season alone. 

Elaborate a little, because right now it sounds as if you didn't really watch him play and just stat watched. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Okay, you didn't really tell us why you think he's not good enough for the NHL. 0pts in 5gps, so what? He had sheltered minutes and wasnt gifted mintues and PP time like Boeser had. Even still, he could have had 2-3 points just in the final game of the season alone. 

Elaborate a little, because right now it sounds as if you didn't really watch him play and just stat watched. 

Marinate.

5 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Im voicing my opinion, you are belittling people. You're probably also 50 years old. Grow up. 

No, you are not.   Not even close.   You know full well what you are doing....it is tiresome and if you don't like a comment on your opinion, ignore it.

My knees and back are nearly 50 but have been on the planet far less than that.    Growing up is overrated.   Particularly if growing up makes people do things like you do on public forums.   :)

Go Canucks.   Right? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No, you are not.   Not even close.   You know full well what you are doing....it is tiresome and if you don't like a comment on your opinion, ignore it.

My knees and back are nearly 50 but have been on the planet far less than that.    Growing up is overrated.   Particularly if growing up makes people do things like you do on public forums.   :)

Go Canucks.   Right? 

Triggered

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

0 points. Not exactly a good way to build confidence, but hey it worked for yakupov right? Let's rush him. 

The difference with Yakupov is that the Oilers did nothing to shelter their prospects.  They played with plugs and other under developed players that didn't help their cause.  Using Edmonton as an example of player development in contrast to our team is laughable.  The Oilers have no idea what they are doing.

Gaudette is older and I feel that playing with the Canucks in a bottom 6 role isn't rushing him at all.  I thought he looked like he belonged regardless of how many points he did or didn't get.  Benning was praising him all year and couldn't wait to see him in the NHL.

I think managment will make moves to allow Gaudette to play in the NHL, because they know what they have in him.

If he plays in Utica, great.  He can be a leader.  If he plays in Vancouver, great.  He can learn from veteran leaders.

It's really a win-win with what to do with Gaudette.

Edited by The Beagle had landed
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1