The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Dallas Proposal

Van: Edler, Burrows, Boesser

Dallas: Nishkusin, Honka

Possible deadline trade if Dallas feels they can make a real run for the cup.

I feel lots of people disagree around the league on Edler's value so people may think about throwing in extra pieces on either side but this is what I would see as fit.

Dallas reasoning:

Dallas is a relatively young team however players like Spezza and now Sharp getting older could possibly indicate them making a push for the cup now.

Edler is signed through 2018-19 and makes their defence stronger and more competent in shutting down opposing top players and makes Dallas a real threat now and for the next few years.

Burrows could possibility slot in at the right wing next to Benn and Seguin and provide grit, experience and a bit of a scoring touch. Or could play with Spezza. We are not giving up much here as we are likely not going to resign Burrows once his contract ends.

Boesser is to replace the top 6 forward they are giving up though likely will not be as good.

Vancouver reasoning:

Nishkusin is a possible top line player who gives the canucks goals and size and would look great playing along on Horvats wing now and hopefully beside our number 1 centre (maybe Mcann) in a few years. Some scouts compare him to a Malkin type player and could explode in the NHL in the near future scoring 30+ goals

Honka although a bit undersized has a great shot to be a top 4 offensive defenceman who is already exceeding at the AHL level and who pro scouting rated having top hockey sense only behind Sam Reinhart in the draft. Dallas also has a deep pool of defensive prospects in their system.

Thanks,

I would not be against that if Dallas through in a 2016-2nd

Nishkusin, Honka and 2016-2nd for Edler, Broeser, and Burrows

then I would flip Nishkusin to New Jersey for Larsen and 2016-2nd

end result Edler, Burrow and Broeser for Larsen, Honka, NJ 2016-2nd, and Dallas 2016-2nd

Even at the end..............what do you all think?

Seems like a bit of an overpayment. Burrows may only have a season or two of good hockey left in him, but Edler will be a top pairing defenceman for another couple of seasons and then a top-4 20 minute guy for a few more after that. Boeser will be a fantastic top-9ish winger in this league I'm sure.

Nichushkin for Boeser and Burrows is pretty even actually. That leaves Edler for Honka which I wouldn't do.

I can only imagine how bad our defence would be if we traded away Edler now too. Without having an NHL-ready (and competent) piece to replace him I couldn't get behind such a move.

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Corrado

Bartkowski Weber

Honka Fedun

One injury to Hamhuis or Tanev from getting pretty sketchy.

No thanks.

I hope we keep Eddie while the team re-tools since he'll be young enough to contribute if the team restocks quickly. If we do sell him I hope we can trade him for a prospect with stability and big-minute potential (a Travis Sanheim/ Griffin Reinhart/ Ryan Murray-type) to replace what he brought. Honka would be nice to add too, but puck-moving seems to be a need which we've worked at filling through recent drafts (with Subban/ Brisebois/ Hutton) while we'd need a big minute stud to right the ship so the team doesn't need to tank outright.

Also, no to Valeri; he MAY pan out to become an elite scorer but in terms of wingers I think Trader Jim has done a decent job getting scoring (Sven, Jake, Hunter, Brock are all young and have potential to become top-6 guys). I'm not saying he's not a quality guy but we don't need him at the price of our best defenseman (in the unlikely case that the Stars would move Valeri otherwise, I don't think they'd do it for Brock or Burr, since they are stocked up front, and it's a heavy price to give both guys away).

I can only imagine how bad our defence would be if we traded away Edler now too. Without having an NHL-ready (and competent) piece to replace him I couldn't get behind such a move.

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Corrado

Bartkowski Weber

Honka Fedun

One injury to Hamhuis or Tanev from getting pretty sketchy.

If getting 'pretty sketchy' lands Chychrun, I'm more than fine with that. And every Canuck fan should be as well.

An, ''Ouch! That was an injury riddled year'' type season could actually really help speed up the process of this 'quiet' rebuild, so,...here's to a bunch of freak injuries! Yay!

If getting 'pretty sketchy' lands Chychrun, I'm more than fine with that. And every Canuck fan should be as well.

An, ''Ouch! That was an injury riddled year'' type season could actually really help speed up the process of this 'quiet' rebuild, so,...here's to a bunch of freak injuries! Yay!

Well then, be prepared for a few more seasons where we're losing (and losing a lot) if you plan on having Chychrun as your replacement for Edler after moving him away. Edler should be our top D during this transition, and only a very significant return should change our minds on that. We just can't expect to carry forward without someone to help bring offence from the back end.

Van: Edler, Burrows, Boesser

Dallas: Nishkusin, Honka

Possible deadline trade if Dallas feels they can make a real run for the cup.

I feel lots of people disagree around the league on Edler's value so people may think about throwing in extra pieces on either side but this is what I would see as fit.

Dallas reasoning:

Dallas is a relatively young team however players like Spezza and now Sharp getting older could possibly indicate them making a push for the cup now.

Edler is signed through 2018-19 and makes their defence stronger and more competent in shutting down opposing top players and makes Dallas a real threat now and for the next few years.

Burrows could possibility slot in at the right wing next to Benn and Seguin and provide grit, experience and a bit of a scoring touch. Or could play with Spezza. We are not giving up much here as we are likely not going to resign Burrows once his contract ends.

Boesser is to replace the top 6 forward they are giving up though likely will not be as good.

Vancouver reasoning:

Nishkusin is a possible top line player who gives the canucks goals and size and would look great playing along on Horvats wing now and hopefully beside our number 1 centre (maybe Mcann) in a few years. Some scouts compare him to a Malkin type player and could explode in the NHL in the near future scoring 30+ goals

Honka although a bit undersized has a great shot to be a top 4 offensive defenceman who is already exceeding at the AHL level and who pro scouting rated having top hockey sense only behind Sam Reinhart in the draft. Dallas also has a deep pool of defensive prospects in their system.

Thanks,

Nish is on most teams wish list and Dallas GM has a plan for him. He wouldn't be easy to pry away from Dallas. Your proposal is laughable

Archived