The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

5 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Wow go big or go home!

Trust me when I say I likely won't sleep tonight and will never do this again. 

I just see the real oportunity to make some quick cash on this one. It's sitting at 3.52 AH which is good enough for me. Hopefully it's around there at 6:30AM and I will be getting out with $2500.

18 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I just see the real oportunity to make some quick cash on this one. It's sitting at 3.52 AH which is good enough for me. Hopefully it's around there at 6:30AM and I will be getting out with $2500.

LOL That's what I said the first time I carried 10K of something. Next thing you know your sizes are way higher. :lol:

Edited by nuckin_futz

25 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

You got some big stones my friend! I'm 500 @$3.00 and I'm fretting over that lol. I hope you/we all do well.

I tried researching myself, but do you know when Mark's earning call is supposed to be tmrw?

1 minute ago, Sp3nny said:

You got some big stones my friend! I'm 500 @$3.00 and I'm fretting over that lol. I hope you/we all do well.

I tried researching myself, but do you know when Mark's earning call is supposed to be tmrw?

30 min after market close... Of course... Basically zero chance I hold that much before the end of the day..

Hoping to remove 8000 shares before earnings and ride 2000 through.

9 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I'm sure ours if fairly equal! I just wanted to know if you threw out ideas for people to check or if you checked ideas prior to throwing them out!

Ive made a few $$ from some of your suggestions, you and Nuckspatsfan but yes people should do some research on their own, not just rely on just random comments. Although part of the game is getting some companies in your watchlist at the very least.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

XSPA has soooooo much chatter. Either some more contracts are gonna get announced soon, or there is a significantly larger, diverse pumping rally happening all over the world. 

Careful around XSPA today, alot of moving parts.

https://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=14094971&RcvdDate=4/27/2020&CoName=XPRESSPA GROUP, INC.&FormType=PRE 14A&View=html

image.thumb.png.a5fe0d3c2ffce63e5a5746e8e7e9aae5.png

Check out the $0.92 wall.. That's not a fun climb..

original_215472076.png

Edited by AriGold2.0

5 minutes ago, yoshiyoshi said:

thats a massive jump from yesterday

They're announcement of an anti-coagulant to fight covid related issues is based on existing drugs that already work so it's already been tested on a field of 700 safely and could be ready for large scale human testing soon.

Yeeewwww!!

18 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, I know lot of people and countries don’t like that fact due to nature of the U.S hegemony.
But numbers are not really open to interpretation, 1+1=2.

Our relationship with the USA has provided Canada with a very nice living. That doesn’t mean we can ignore the risk of complacency which is what has happened for decades. The Americans are our natural allies but Canada has to have a concrete plan for the road to follow and then defend that plan. The Chinese have shown us what can happen and the Americans did as well during NAFTA talks. It is our responsibility to defend our interests and some times that means biting the bullet and walking away from deals. 

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Our relationship with the USA has provided Canada with a very nice living. That doesn’t mean we can ignore the risk of complacency which is what has happened for decades. The Americans are our natural allies but Canada has to have a concrete plan for the road to follow and then defend that plan. The Chinese have shown us what can happen and the Americans did as well during NAFTA talks. It is our responsibility to defend our interests and some times that means biting the bullet and walking away from deals. 

Alliances have existed for a very long time, but my advice to every country.

Never become too dependent on your allies, because alliances come and go and power/money/interest prevails.

The only alliance I truly believe in, is the one that has the same blood and DNA flowing through.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, jatylo said:

Any insights on MNLO? I see that they have an FDA approval June 2 and one major insurer is now covering one of their drugs

Based on a very brief look at it - entry point seems to be high now for the risk/reward ratio unless you're very confident they'll get approved.

22 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Looks like the general market had the same strategy on mark. Sell before earnings to drive it down and then buy back right before market close :frantic:

Are people really expecting a large jump from MARK in the near future or are they just playing the percentages