The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ranking The Cdn Teams

15 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Lovin' life. How's your sad little existence? 

Actually pretty awesome.  Pretty wife, smart kids, solid business.  Not deluded in the belief my hockey team will finish above their weight class and even better able to joke about it without being a whinging nancy unable to accept a ribbing about being overly optimistic about it.

Seriously, some of you guys are right uptight and take jokes with less ease than the Rangers do goals against Markstrom

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Actually pretty awesome.  Pretty wife, smart kids, solid business.  Not deluded in the belief my hockey team will finish above their weight class and even better able to joke about it without being a whinging nancy unable to accept a ribbing about being overly optimistic about it.

Seriously, some of you guys are right uptight and take jokes with less ease than the Rangers do goals against Markstrom

Wait you thought I was serious? Get a grip son.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So.....

How y'all doing?

:bigblush:

Just woke up to this query, Hippy..& yes, I can certainly play along, not assuming that you're trolling for strikes.

You & I know(as well as most long-time NHL fans) teams don't truly show what they are 'til about late-Dec. You just can't read too much into what's occurred(1st Q).

What I'm most excited about, & again I'm certain you'll agree, is our D-cast, as a whole unit. Factoring in their age(relative Huge bargains, etc..)..Benning's REALLY got something there.

Take a franchise's top 10 D(playing, and/or prospects), & ask yourself how many of the other 29 teams would trade their whole shebang, for ours? I'd guess there might be 5 or 6 teams that would opt for what they have. & from JB's pov..I'm not sure I'd take any other group of ten over ours. Maybe Ana, or Mtl?..maybe not.

Many folks always joking about pulling "the stealth-tank"..well, don't look now, but in about a calendar yr, on the back end we just pulled a 'stealth-overhaul'.

If JB pulls a similar trick up front, in 2 or 3 seasons this team's runnin again with the lead-pack. Kinda skeptical they can get all pieces meshing this season, but I'll stand by my 14th OA, season-end prediction.

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just woke up to this query, Hippy..& yes, I can certainly play along, not assuming that you're trolling for strikes.

You & I know(as well as most long-time NHL fans) teams don't truly show what they are 'til about late-Dec. You just can't read too much into what's occurred(1st Q).

What I'm most excited about, & again I'm certain you'll agree, is our D-cast, as a whole unit. Factoring in their age(relative Huge bargains, etc..)..Benning's REALLY got something there.

Take a franchise's top 10 D(playing, and/or prospects), & ask yourself how many of the other 29 teams would trade their whole shebang, for ours? I'd guess there might be 5 or 6 teams that would opt for what they have. & from JB's pov..I'm not sure I'd take any other group of ten over ours. Maybe Ana, or Mtl?..maybe not.

Many folks always joking about pulling "the stealth-tank"..well, don't look now, but in about a calendar yr, on the back end we just pulled a 'stealth-overhaul'.

If JB pulls a similar trick up front, in 2 or 3 seasons this team's runnin again with the lead-pack. Kinda skeptical they can get all pieces meshing this season, but I'll stand by my 14th OA, season-end prediction.

I'm standing by my 12th in the west myself.

But people get so butt hurt over simple ribbing on this forum.  It's sad.  At least you had a response that wasn't knee jerk and grumpy.  We made predictions to start the year.  And people get upset when you tap em on the shoulder and go hey

2nd in the division eh, how's that for ya?

Lots of hockey left to play.  Lots of room for improvement.  But, we know how this team plays in the dog days of the season.  It's not looking like a 2nd in the division finish

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But people get so butt hurt over simple ribbing on this forum.  It's sad.  At least you had a response that wasn't knee jerk and grumpy.  We made predictions to start the year.  And people get upset when you tap em on the shoulder and go hey

Lots of hockey left to play.  Lots of room for improvement.  But, we know how this team plays in the dog days of the season.  It's not looking like a 2nd in the division finish

Yeah, I find it all funny myself. As a fan I've never looked at it(in the moment) so much..unless we're(momentarily!) a top-team!   :^)

Always tended to view it from a GM's perspective, as in, what particular direction are they headed towards, & what may be in the tea leaves?

It's likely a personality-thingy?..

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

If the team continues on this path I'll certainly be eating crow :D 

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah, I find it all funny myself. As a fan I've never looked at it(in the moment) so much..unless we're(momentarily!) a top-team!   :^)

Always tended to view it from a GM's perspective, as in, what particular direction are they headed towards, & what may be in the tea leaves?

It's likely a personality-thingy?..

I predicted the Flames to be in the top 15....I know I regret that one right now.  On paper that defense should be top 5 in the league

Yikes...

But I am taking a ribbing from my friends here and laughing it off faster than Gaudreau is losing fingers

Now. 

1. Habs

2. Oil

3. Jets

4. Sens 

5. Leafs

6. Flames 

7. Canucks

future. 

1. Jets

2. Oil

3. Leafs

4. Flames

5. Canucks

6. Quebec

7. Sens

8. Habs 

I look forward to being the 5th best Canadian team. 

• 11 months later...

Archived