The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Just now, Mattrek said:

Thanks to Benning we've flipped the table. AHL fodder McCann and Shinkaruk (at least so far) got us Gudbranson and Granlund. It's nice to be on the winning end of trades for a change.

Praise the lord.

48 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks have had VERY few high first round picks over past 20 years so pretty easy to pick on them not finding superstars.   Bourdon could have really been something, for example, but that is sadly never to be known.   Picking in the teens to 20s is a lottery in many ways.   I think given the cycle of things, they have some high picks for a season or three to come and then you can judge.   The OJ pick is a beauty - if you are a fan you will like that pick for years to come.  Boeser looks like he could be a steal. 

Give it time but first round it tough to judge them recently (for a long while actually) as they have only recently got some taste of reasonably high picks and those still take four plus seasons to judge (well, not on CDC where judgment comes immediately  :lol:).

You know what makes me happiest about the last couple years? We have actually had first round picks. Heck, this year we even have two second round picks! Much better than trading them away for scrubs....

The secret to the lottery is to have as many tickets as possible.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, J.R. said:

So why still harping on about it?

I swear the weather makes people forever pessimistic in Vancouver. Not sure the word for it, but it's almost like half the population spends it's time hoping for failure (insert something that doesn't perfectly align with one's own dream of how the team/province/life should work) so that they can be proven right. It's a need for approval so deep that it creates a shoot oneself in the foot kind of Shadenfreude.

It's why I minimize my presence in this part....

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Benning taking questions live right now and says he has it down to 3 or 4 players he wants at 5.  Not saying who though.  1 has to be Glass but I am not sure who the other 2 might be.  (edit.  Did say Vilardi so he is another 1)

do you have a link?

54 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

I swear the weather makes people forever pessimistic in Vancouver. Not sure the word for it, but it's almost like half the population spends it's time hoping for failure (insert something that doesn't perfectly align with one's own dream of how the team/province/life should work) so that they can be proven right. It's a need for approval so deep that it creates a shoot oneself in the foot kind of Shadenfreude.

It's why I minimize my presence in this part....

True for everywhere I think not just Vancouver.