The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hutton, Etem, Virtanen, Pedan at UFC event tonight in Vancouver

Canucks_4_Cup

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Neat. You put Pedan in against young guys who hardly drop the gloves and SURPRISE he comes out winner. He has no defence from what I see and a history of concussion. If he is to make it in the NHL he better improve his hockey skills because I doubt he would last long against an NHL fighter. (Guddy for example would flatten him)

So you are using someones uneducated post to dump all over Pedan..Nolan...Fraser and McIllraith say hi..the Bickell fight was the only one I saw him lose out of many and I have seen them all..give him some credit...he didnt get alot of ice last year and has to work on some things but you make him sound like a bum...at least he isnt afraid to step up..with boxing/defence lessons he took in the off season should help.....besides that guys post is off anyway..I say Etem would take Virtanen.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Neat. You put Pedan in against young guys who hardly drop the gloves and SURPRISE he comes out winner. He has no defence from what I see and a history of concussion. If he is to make it in the NHL he better improve his hockey skills because I doubt he would last long against an NHL fighter. (Guddy for example would flatten him)

I think Filip Forsberg would disagree with your assessment about Virtanen's fighting ability.  

Hahaha Hutton the happiest fighter that ever lived. Its nice to see the young guys getting together and building some comradery.

Maia's win over Condit was unbelievable, to submit a very highly ranked and talented fighter in such a short amount of time, blew me away. He made it look way too easy.

I missed every fight except the co-main and main event :'(

That Pettis fight was so good, I cant believe how many times Oliveira had his back and lost it.

9 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Chill.

49 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Well how in the blue would i know that's his PREGNANT WIFE....How do you people even know this?? 

Mind your manners actually!!

He posts about it on his instagram/twitter all the time…mentioned it on his snapchat takeover at Pride too.

2 hours ago, JV77 said:

Well how in the blue would i know that's his PREGNANT WIFE....How do you people even know this?? 

Mind your manners actually!!

Cause he posts publicly about it on Instagram!! Geez man time to up your fandom game to prevent you from these types of embarrassing circumstances in the future. No commenting on players wives. Especially pregnant ones. CDC will shame you haha

11 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I was about to say the same. His face has got leaner and tighter, probably the training and dieting he has had this summer. Even his arms didn't look as flabby.

Well we can only hope that all the gym work will pay off on the ice.

from the pokemon pictures and others they've posted here and on instagram he seems to have a bit of a ponch on him. He really needs to focus on leaning up. His diet and 'fun' seems to still be an issue.

While the twins had some pudge on them as kids they were very committed to improvement, hopefully that rubs on off him as this offseason doesn't seem to be much of a 'material' improvement from what i've seen.

Most pro athletes know how (or get assistance) dropping weight in an offseason if they are committed to it...I hope to see I am wrong by the time camp rolls around in a month.

6 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

So you are using someones uneducated post to dump all over Pedan..Nolan...Fraser and McIllraith say hi..the Bickell fight was the only one I saw him lose out of many and I have seen them all..give him some credit...he didnt get alot of ice last year and has to work on some things but you make him sound like a bum...at least he isnt afraid to step up..with boxing/defence lessons he took in the off season should help.....besides that guys post is off anyway..I say Etem would take Virtanen.

Shaky, I am remarking on the fact he rolls the dice nearly every time he fights. Go look at his fights, it's haymakers going both ways and he has landed on the right side of them mostly by luck. That's not fighting thats just brawling. If in the NHL, you have no technique and no defence you are one "lucky" or not, punch away from another concussion.

I want to see him become a player. Someone big, skilful and physically imposing enough to rarely have to fight but when he does he is not putting his career/life on the line. It seems to me it is you that wants him to be a bum not me, I want him to wise up.

If you put yourself in a position to fight at nearly every opportunity as Pedan does, you owe it to yourself (and your family) to train and learn the dark arts. That's why guys like Rypien, Reeves, Neil and Prust lasted so long.

If that's too hard for you to understand then so be it.

36 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Shaky, I am remarking on the fact he rolls the dice nearly every time he fights. Go look at his fights, it's haymakers going both ways and he has landed on the right side of them mostly by luck. That's not fighting thats just brawling. If in the NHL, you have no technique and no defence you are one "lucky" or not, punch away from another concussion.

I want to see him become a player. Someone big, skilful and physically imposing enough to rarely have to fight but when he does he is not putting his career/life on the line. It seems to me it is you that wants him to be a bum not me, I want him to wise up.

If you put yourself in a position to fight at nearly every opportunity as Pedan does, you owe it to yourself (and your family) to train and learn the dark arts. That's why guys like Rypien, Reeves, Neil and Prust lasted so long.

If that's too hard for you to understand then so be it.

I can agree with most of what you say ..especially about the concussion part..but I think there is more there than just a fighter there..he seems to have all the tools just has to get it together with whats between his ears...the haymaker is eveident in many of his fights ..I think he knows this and the reason he took boxing lessons in the offseason..I guess training camp will break it all down.

18 hours ago, alfstonker said:
18 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Pedan and Gunderson are both on the same team now, both are very good fighter same size 6'5 220Lbs..

I have seen all Pedan fight he is like 35 fights over 4 yrs ..35 fights 32 wins 2 Draws 1 lost..

Pedan dominated most fights but he got knocked out 2 yrs ago against toughest guy in Minor leagues but he was only 20yrs old.

Like having Pedan, 6'5 220  Gudbranson 6'5 220 Tryamkin 6'7 235 lbs 

this is so exciting to have toughness  like Defence..

7 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Cause he posts publicly about it on Instagram!! Geez man time to up your fandom game to prevent you from these types of embarrassing circumstances in the future. No commenting on players wives. Especially pregnant ones. CDC will shame you haha

not embarrassing here.  Wouldn't have never known, don't follow most of the players. 

Pedan spent the early summer attending a boxing camp. I like the way he throws them, he has such a long reach he just holds opponents at length and picks his spot. Remember Brashear he hugged for the first minute to let the other guy punch himself out and then turned it on. Rypien could punch equally with either fist. They all have their own style

I didn't find the crew surprising. They are all young guys in the same situation. Pedan mentioned he liked "everyone but Jared" and this proves it. Biega might be above him on the depth chart for now, but if they play at the same level.. we'll keep the younger guy.

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM, LeanBeef said:

Is that Clouts on the very left side there?

Add cloutier remove Hutton from the 4 man fight pyramid. 

Victory Cloutier. 

Also, manners?!? 

There is nothing wrong with enjoying a nice set of baby feeders. Really its the epitome of woman. 

Men have always cherished qualities that indicate a woman's ability to bear children. The comments were tasteful.

Archived