The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

Happy to see Travis Sanheim step up and rip three goals in two preseason games. One a massive slapshot through King Henrik. This was my first ever pick as manager for this team heres to him making the flyers opening roster.

On lesser notes Necas is proving why he was taken 5th for us. Part of a pretty tic tac toe play that scored and hasn't at all looked out of place.

Awesome to finally see a mature game from Virtanen.

Forsling, Halverson honerable mentions, the rest I haven't seen. The future is looking good.

Also, we had the cap space to aquire Valteri Filpula. While it isn't the time to compete hard, it'd be good to have another pro to help the youth along. We're happy to give him a place to play.

Edit: Wow. Soon as I go to clean up this sloppy post I'm watching the oilers stream of their preseason game against the canes and Draisaitle took Necas' head off. 

The Vancouver Canucks would like to place Griffin Reinhart on the main squad, he is having a good camp by all accounts and this could be his year to shine after being drafted 4th overall by the Islanders in the NHL ENtry Draft of 2012. 23 is a great age for a Dman to enter the league and we are fortunate to have him and have room to bring him up. THank you. 

I don't think anyone here will be saying "who in the Holly Oaks Omnibus is Griffin Reinhart eh?"

On 2017-09-25 at 2:25 PM, Monty said:

Carolina Hurricanes

- Oscar Fantenberg

- Axel Holmstrom

- Rasmus Andersson

Looks like a lot of guys have been assigned to the AHL, which was not all too surprising. 3 remaining, although I'm expecting Holmstrom to be sent down.

Fantenberg is the most guaranteed to get an NHL job, which would make my free agency a success, as I didn't target anyone of note.

Andersson has a very good shot at sticking as the #6 in Calgary and, at worst, #7. So looking pretty good.

Either way, all my players had great pre-seasons and the future looks good for a Carolina team that is also built to win now.

Archived