The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael Chaput | C/W

-AJ-

His face offs have been great to have. I love his speed.Another ingredient we've badly needed. Chaput and Megna speed really helps neutralize the flow of the game defensively. I notice they shadow other fast forwards, not necessarily hitting them,  but forcing them to make a play sooner than they want to.

ajhockey good call.

Who is this Chaput kid?  Doesn't look like a plug or call up to me.

3rd rounder 89th pick, Just checked,  2012 won the Memorial Cup and was MVP and selected to the all star team.  Decent numbers at junior and AHL not to mention the winning pedigree.  Got size and some speed.

Has JB found something here?   

I think he is an NHL player. Probably a 4C, but still a nice signing considering he was mostly for depth. He could easily have 4 or 5 points, but has been stoned on a few shots, and didn't pick up assists on plays that he was a part of.

If we put Hansen in over Skille, I'm okay with Megna pushing out Dorsett right now, at least while he's injured. When we get healthy, it will be interesting to see if this team can take off or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

He hasn't put up many points (not nearly as many as he deserves, because he's had some good looks) but I actually really like Chaput. He is speedy and aggressive. He's got some grit to his game and is strong on the dot. Decent pick up.

Chaput at 210 pounds is a nice combo with Skille and Gaunce. 23 years old with a nice stretch of NHL experience. Speed is decent as well. Happy to watch his progress.

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jeff-paterson-no-lip-service-here-chaput-deserves-his-nhl-spot

Nice article about Chaput :) The fourth line has really done it's job - they spend the bulk of their ice time in the offensive zone, forecheck hard, and throw hits; doing all you can ask for in a fourth line except score occasionally :( 

11 hours ago, MaxLapierreAwesomeFace said:

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jeff-paterson-no-lip-service-here-chaput-deserves-his-nhl-spot

Nice article about Chaput :) The fourth line has really done it's job - they spend the bulk of their ice time in the offensive zone, forecheck hard, and throw hits; doing all you can ask for in a fourth line except score occasionally :( 

Chaput is often the butt of CDC jokes but IMHO the play of the 4th line has been solid. Both Chaput and Gaunce are getting the experience that should help them stay in the NHL. To bad the article did not discuss Chaput's Calder Cup run last year. He was 'C' I believe.

Archived