The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Joins Team 1040 Feb 24

AlwaysACanuckFan

I was hoping for more info on players available but that's probably for the best.   who else has a limited no trade clause?

seems like he got lists from all players without no movement clauses.  does Eddie the eagle have a full no trade or a list?

sedins probably have a no move clause.

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Side note, these assclowns on 1040 are talking about Subban like he's god, well I'd sooner see Pedan called up as the next defensemen. We saw Sautner last year ahead of Subban as well, it's time to accept that he's not in this team's plans. If anything, Stecher has solidified the role of undersized scoring defenceman. 

Truly pathetic, trying to whip up a frenzy as always.  They even grudgingly admit "the Canucks may have been right about Corrado".

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Man Benning is transparent. Sounds like 4 will be out tomorrow, with Tanev as a possibility. What I got from this brief conversation is that we will be sellers, and he doesn't anticipate the mumps or the expansion draft getting in the way. 

Side note, these assclowns on 1040 are talking about Subban like he's god, well I'd sooner see Pedan called up as the next defensemen. We saw Sautner last year ahead of Subban as well, it's time to accept that he's not in this team's plans. If anything, Stecher has solidified the role of undersized scoring defenceman. 

McEeney is out playing him and is 6'3" 215lb. He also deserves a shot.  I have read quit a few good things on this kid over the last few months.

Just now, appleboy said:

McEeney is out playing him and is 6'3" 215lb. He also deserves a shot.  I have read quit a few good things on this kid over the last few months.

Watched almost all the Comet's games since Jake got sent down.  McEneny is a way better player than Subban.  it's not even close really.

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I was hoping for more info on players available but that's probably for the best.   who else has a limited no trade clause?

seems like he got lists from all players without no movement clauses.  does Eddie the eagle have a full no trade or a list?

sedins probably have a no move clause.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watched almost all the Comet's games since Jake got sent down.  McEneny is a way better player than Subban.  it's not even close really.

Benning said Tanev may play. I'm hoping not. Even if he was the first one to display symptoms - that's too risky. Their doctors know better than I would but I'd rather just sit him out and plug in some new guys and see what they can do. Its not like we have anything left to fight for this season.

Just now, darkpoet said:

Benning said Tanev may play. I'm hoping not. Even if he was the first one to display symptoms - that's too risky. Their doctors know better than I would but I'd rather just sit him out and plug in some new guys and see what they can do. Its not like we have anything left to fight for this season.

Biega is still around.  Why not play the 'Bull Dog'?

5 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Was McEneny a Gillis pick?

We signed him as a free agent after he was passed on in his draft year, due in part to his limited sample size of 2 games. He did an overage season in the OHL as well as last season in the ECHL, so it's been a long time coming. Though it seems we might just have a legitimate prospect in him. 

Another Judd Bracket snipe?

Edit: found the original press release, signed him with little to no prior stats - https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-sign-defenceman-evan-mceneny/c-641290

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

We signed him as a free agent after he was passed on in his draft year, due in part to his limited sample size of 2 games. He did an overage season in the OHL as well as last season in the ECHL, so it's been a long time coming. Though it seems we might just have a legitimate prospect in him. 

Another Judd Bracket snipe?

Wow Gillis is still hitting long balls an he has been gone a long time now. No way Jim catches him anytime soon .

28 minutes ago, Baggins said:

OMG I mispelled a word!

Yeah. Maybe try Hooked on Phonics. I can mail you a copy that my son just finished.

28 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Your post came said they had submitted their lists "based on facts". I went looking for an article and couldn't find any. Just a bogus post on your part. Bogus post versus one mispelled word. Which is worse?

Came said...Is that a new verb blend? I think there might be a bigger issue than one misspelled word.

Were you that upset that I wasted your internet research time? I understand though as it takes a while for the dial up connection that you have in the Shire.

Archived