The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Tampa Bay trade G Ben Bishop to Los Angeles

HowYaDrouin

2 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Could you guys see Hampus Lindholm getting traded for Hutton and Hansen?

Gives ANA more cap space, and solves expansion problem, while also adding a good forward for the next 2 years

No.  No I couldn't see Anaheim trading their best dman right before the playoffs.

Steve Yzerman was prepared to lose Ben Bishop in the off-seaon and is happy he could get a deal done.

"In the business now in hockey, you have to make some decisions based on the salary cap," Yzerman said.

"(Budaj's) really done a heck of a job this year for LA. In moving Ben, we needed a good backup, somebody to help out Vasilevskiy. (Budaj's) done a great job filling in for Quick."

2 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well now you are assuming that Benning eats half of Miller's contact and that's where your arguement dies....imo. 

Miller makes 6

Hansen makes 2.5

Bernier is at 4.5

Stoner is just over 3

Here is a bit of reality as well.....if it was as simple as YOU mapped out, it already would've been done by now.....am I correct?

One trend I'm also noticing is that teams aren't parting with prospects. Certainly not the top prospects that Benning might hold out for for Hansen. What prospect would Anaheim offer? We don't know. Perhaps not any of the names you've listed

Bishop didn't exactly fetch a top pick or prospect as well so there is that.

Those are the over looked realities

I'm not tryin to be prickly and I too want to see the great returns for these guys but I just don't see it at this time....by Weds, I hope I'm wrong

I'm not now assuming...it was a central part of my original post. If you skipped over that, or failed to comprehend it, that's on you. Don't misrepresent that I'm changing the narrative. I'm not. 

No, you are not correct. It may not be done already, and may never be done, for a variety of reasons that bear no relation to your argument. Timing can be affected by any number of things.

Let's just reiterate...you said that the Ducks wouldn't give up a single name on that list of 15 prospects for Miller and Hansen and that I was dreaming if I thought so, right?

Again, your math is completely off and you decide that they would rather force Stoner out than use him in this playoff run for depth. That's silly. 

Bernier is a liability. His salary is a liability. You think the Ducks would only pay a mid pick to swap him and M8ller and save 1.15mil to add another piece? OK, we will see.

50 minutes ago, theminister said:

I'm not now assuming...it was a central part of my original post. If you skipped over that, or failed to comprehend it, that's on you. Don't misrepresent that I'm changing the narrative. I'm not. 

No, you are not correct. It may not be done already, and may never be done, for a variety of reasons that bear no relation to your argument. Timing can be affected by any number of things.

Let's just reiterate...you said that the Ducks wouldn't give up a single name on that list of 15 prospects for Miller and Hansen and that I was dreaming if I thought so, right?

Again, your math is completely off and you decide that they would rather force Stoner out than use him in this playoff run for depth. That's silly. 

Bernier is a liability. His salary is a liability. You think the Ducks would only pay a mid pick to swap him and M8ller and save 1.15mil to add another piece? OK, we will see.

Well I'm basing my arguement over the example LA did when they sent Budaj, a b/c prospect and a 7th for Bishop and a 5th. There is zero talk of Anaheim even being interested in Miller. It is only happening from our side. Heck, they could trade for MAF who unlike Miller has won a cup.

Yes of course Bernier would have to come back this way. Would be silly to assume he doesn't and I wouldn't care if he won us a game down the stretch at that point.

I'm not trying to argue with ya and you do make great points....but they are only just that.....YOUR points.

As a die hard fan I hope we DO get a great return but I'm not holding my breath. 

The biggest thing you said that I 100% agree with is

"Ok, we will see."

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Millsy deserves a Cup and he would have to go move elsewhere to another team if wants that opportunity. Ottawa could potentially be interested but they have Condon so not sure how it would work out. Our only shot is trading with Anaheim yet again. He wants to be near his wife and he will get that opportunity there. Burr could also lure a solid haul while Millsy might get a similar return to Bishop's. honestly I see Montreal having to make a move and Burr will them make a deep run and he also deserves the Cup. It's just whether the Habs will be willing to pay

I think Miller would love a shot with a contender BUT I also think he seems really happy in Vancouver - did you see him goofing it up in the Superskills? Miller seems to me to be the kind of guy who values loyalty and happiness in his workplace. He has a great relationship with Marky and seems to be well liked by all the young guys especially Try.

I thought he was a bit of a cold fish when he first came but as time went by he has really settled in and seems to have the fans right behind him and appreciating his class.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

I think Miller would love a shot with a contender BUT I also think he seems really happy in Vancouver - did you see him goofing it up in the Superskills? Miller seems to me to be the kind of guy who values loyalty and happiness in his workplace. He has a great relationship with Marky and seems to be well liked by all the young guys especially Try.

I thought he was a bit of a cold fish when he first came but as time went by he has really settled in and seems to have the fans right behind him and appreciating his class.

He can do like Vermette.  Go win a Cup and then sign back in the off-season.

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Is he there best d man? 13 points in 50 games. Seems odd to me, but I don't watch many Ducks games.

I don't think he is - yet. I think Cam Fowler is their best Ducks D from the games I watch him playing. 31 points playing 25 mins a night. I watch quite a few to see how Bieksa is doing.

13 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I would have to agree. I have fallen in love with Millsy considering he always keeps us close in all the games. He is starting to be a fan favourite and everyone loves him now just like Marky. if he re-signs over the summer, I would have no problems with that. class act. what he did to protect Stecher in the Leafs game last year is a moment I'll never forget. a leader

On 2/26/2017 at 3:38 PM, combover said:

"Trades are hard to make."

But only if your name is Jim benning. 

Good for LA addressing a concern and good for TB getting something for a pending ufa.

Someone needs a heaping of crow for all their JB bashing.

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Someone needs a heaping of crow for all their JB bashing.

Yeah we need to rejoice the guy did his job. I know we were asking a lot move expiring contacts for picks and prospects. (Something gms have been doing since the beginning of pro sports) 

Just three more moves Then call it a success, expectations are so low he was able to move one guy in three deadlines so far and the fanboys and homers are out in force praising there lord and saviour. 

it was a good hockey trade, hopefully benning finally sees this/his team is not a competitive win now playoff team and sells of as many pieces as he can.

1 move is a good start I hope he keeps it going.

Archived