The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

I'd like for him to get a call up this year he looked good at the young stars tourney. He is big,has speed, and he is also good at carrying the puck up the ice. On a few occasions he blew by a few of the Jets defenders while pulling off a couple dangles. His empty netter was well deserved. His scrap was good, he stood up for himself after a bad hit.Really hoping he gets a chance at the big show.

• Upvote 1

Zack is one of those hard working, honest players that are awesome to have in the organization. Even if he doesn't make the big club. I'm pretty sure he's going to have a good year in Utica. He seems to have Trent Cull's trust already. It would be great to see him get some games in the NHL for experience as well. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Zack could well be ready by the end of the year...he didn't start playing hockey until a few years ago ...so quantum leaps can still happen, but  even without that he would make a great 4th liner by the end of the year...I would rather have him up than Gaunce and I would rather have Gaunce that Gagner....so....there ya go....

As much as I like Zack and what he may bring to the table I just don't seeing that happen at all this season. He might get a call up the following year towards the end of that season though and IMHO it may take that long or longer for him to be fully ready for the big show. I hope he proves me wrong but that is my opinion of where he is at right now.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

You mean, like Edmonton and Calgary?  We have more than enough in Gudbranson and the 3 UFAs alone to mop the ice with those creampuffs.

Probably meant the California teams Kings, Ducks and Sharks and sadly the Knights. The Alberta teams should be more scared of us then we are of them 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

You mean, like Edmonton and Calgary?  We have more than enough in Gudbranson and the 3 UFAs alone to mop the ice with those creampuffs.

Actually any of the big teams, Wpg, St Lou., Boston, LA, Ana. and TO, we have a lot of young forwards to protect 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Of those only LA and the Ducks are in our division.

You consider the Leafs a "big team"?

They have bigger forwards , not necessarily mean but I sure love beating them.

NB: I shouldn't have restricted it to our division but big teams in general.

I agree Zack is is a proto typical NHL 4th liner

Gaunce has already had a couple of shots & can't score a goal to save his life.

Put Zack playing with EP & Dahlen to give them some breathing space.

Both Zack & EP  play centre / right wing so it would easy for them to switch places when conditions warranted it.

8 minutes ago, CharlieChan said:

I agree Zack is is a proto typical NHL 4th liner

Gaunce has already had a couple of shots & can't score a goal to save his life.

Put Zack playing with EP & Dahlen to give them some breathing space.

Both Zack & EP  play centre / right wing so it would easy for them to switch places when conditions warranted it.

The only thing saving Gaunce right now in my opinion is he can play center. As a winger I prefer Leipsic. Watching Zack he is a pain to play against and I like his game. Problem is I think he is as good at scoring as Gaunce is. Which isn't good. Edit. I see Zach is a center. Interesting. 

Edited by rekker