The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 European UFA Skaters to Target

Seeker1

32 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

If he's not a Euro, what is he?  Check your atlas, Russia is in Europe.

Ya, Tram doesn't know how to fight so it was more of a wrestling match.  Fighting is a learned skill.  What remains is that Benn did not return to the game and did not play the following game last night against Calgary.

Benn had his eye scratched according to Dallas from the fight.

On 17/03/2017 at 8:18 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know I've said in the past that we need more skill but we've got enough now with Dahlen, Goldobin, Boeser, (possible Gaudette depending on how good he really is), Baertschi and Granlund. 

This core really just needs one elite top center who I doubt we get from overseas or anywhere other than the draft/good trade, and a top defenceman, then we need some gritty forwards to replace Hansen, Burrows and what Virtanen was going to become who we should be able to target via UFA/trade or late draft picks.

Evander Kane is the guy Jake Virtanen was supposed to be. 

Maturity issues aside Evander has a great tool kit as a winger. Speed, Grittiness, Good shot. Put him with a playmaking winger or center.

As a player he fits what the Canucks need a 26 year old player who will be 27 as a UFA still in his prime with some good years left to insulate the young players adding scoring and being tougher to play against.

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Evander Kane is the guy Jake Virtanen was supposed to be. 

Maturity issues aside Evander has a great tool kit as a winger. Speed, Grittiness, Good shot. Put him with a playmaking winger or center.

As a player he fits what the Canucks need a 26 year old player who will be 27 as a UFA still in his prime with some good years left to insulate the young players adding scoring and being tougher to play against.

I'd be all for Evander coming to Vancouver. He's proven that he can shut up and play this season, which hopefully shut up a lot of the haters out there.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd be all for Evander coming to Vancouver. He's proven that he can shut up and play this season, which hopefully shut up a lot of the haters out there.

Most guys mature with age. I would hope Evander has proven he can lead on a young team like Buffalo. So the Canucks should be a legit option for him provided he wants to still come here.

I think Benning having inquired about him indicates they have some significant interest if a deal makes sense.

21 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Most guys mature with age. I would hope Evander has proven he can lead on a young team like Buffalo. So the Canucks should be a legit option for him provided he wants to still come here.

I think Benning having inquired about him indicates they have some significant interest if a deal makes sense.

They know what he can do. Everyone does. I think his troubles eclipsed that, and made him a liability. However, from what I have heard, that last run-in woke him up big time.

He'd be an asset on this team, if he chose to sign here as a UFA, which should be the only way.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally agree, unfortunately it probably also shut down any chance Vancouver had to get him without giving up a Horvat, Boeser or OJ. 

Just like the old saying goes you have to buy on the low and sell high.

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Totally agree, unfortunately it probably also shut down any chance Vancouver had to get him without giving up a Horvat, Boeser or OJ. 

Just like the old saying goes you have to buy on the low and sell high.

He's a UFA at the end of next season.

Archived