The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible terrorist attack in Flint, Michigan

Harvey Spector

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Why do you disagree?

I don't think it just is what it is?

'It is what it is' or 'that's just the way it is' is a lazy, defeatist, bs, giving up attitude as though this issue is like gravity and we just have to live with it, there's nothing that can be done. 

1 minute ago, inane said:

I don't think it just is what it is?

'It is what it is' or 'that's just the way it is' is a lazy, defeatist, bs, giving up attitude as though this issue is like gravity and we just have to live with it, there's nothing that can be done. 

If that makes you feel better and justified - I guess that is what it is.

:emot-parrot:

2 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Flint is awful . Driven through their a couple times. My wife is from Michigan and her mom worked with someone who's son was sitting in his car in Flint in a parking lot on the phone and someone just came up and blasted him. 

Yeah, Flint is right up there with Gary, Indiana in terms of garbage places I never want to visit.

Just now, inane said:

Good job I guess? I'm not sure what you're doing here anymore. I guess it just is what it is. 

Trying to get you to tell us how it is - instead of you just lashing out at other people's opinions.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Gary, Indiana? What happened?

Gary Indiana might be one of the largest projects in North America not in mexico.  The whole city is a ghetto.  Honestly, we got lost when I was attending Carleton University, we hit up Michigan for a bit and ended up somehow in gary Indiana without realizing it

Man that place was genuinely frightening.  more so when it's 1 a.m. and your driver is an angry french guy

Just now, Warhippy said:

Gary Indiana might be one of the largest projects in North America not in mexico.  Honestly, we got lost when I was attending Carleton UNiversity, we hit up Michigan for a bit and ended up somehow in gary Indiana without realizing it

Man that place was genuinely frightening.  more so when it's 1 a.m. and your driver is an angry french guy

Yikes!

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Gary Indiana might be one of the largest projects in North America not in mexico.  The whole city is a ghetto.  Honestly, we got lost when I was attending Carleton University, we hit up Michigan for a bit and ended up somehow in gary Indiana without realizing it

Yeah, it's really not as cheery a place as the Music Man made it sound.

Just now, Warhippy said:

??

What?

You basically did say it. You heavily implied it. Then when I respond to it you get all coy... Do you think this tactic you're using is clever? Cause it comes across as weak and childish to me.

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

maybe they thought him yelling "tabarnac" was "want some crack?" and they just thought you were dealers and left you alone? 

2 hours ago, cdubuya said:

Pretty funny how libs always try to use these awful situations as an excuse to attack the right

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Pretty funny how the right cry snowflake but have the thinnest skin in these instances

2 hours ago, cdubuya said:

? I wasn't crying...just making an observation

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I wasn't saying you were crying...just making an observation

16 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

You basically did say it. You heavily implied it. Then when I respond to it you get all coy... Do you think this tactic you're using is clever? Cause it comes across as weak and childish to me.

Sorry, but where am I implying anything.  You made a statement I made a counter statement.

At no point in time did I imply ANYTHING more than you did.  The difference is I could care less, while you seem intent on being upset over it.

No need to melt over it or anything.  That would be weak, possibly childish even

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Try Camden N.J or East St Louis Illinois.

Archived