The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VGK receive Grabovski, 2017 1st, 2019 2nd, Bischoff from NYI

4 minutes ago, nickels said:

I will give him credit for assembling the least attractive player base for an expansion team to pick from..

But not for maneuvering the roster to a point where the two most attractive pieces available due to age, contract or eligibility were Sbisa and Gaunce.

K

Kinda glad I still had a minus today, it's not to often you get to reward someone for idiocy

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

The guy inherited a tire fire and has delt with an ownership who was unwilling to do what needed to be done. 

We now have a team with a handful of solid prospects, and are slowly getting rid of the scraps.  

He is doing a fine job. 

Also, what would you have done differently today?

you would have given picks to keep Sbisa?   

While applauding the architect of the Mike Green contract and Erat for Forsberg trade

11 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

The guy inherited a tire fire and has felt with an ownership who was unwilling to do what needed to be done. 

We now have a team with a handful of solid prospects, and are slowly getting rid of the scraps.  

He is doing a fine job. 

Also, what would you have done differently today?

you would have given picks to keep Sbisa?   

Not the night for it...but

Got nothing for Kesler

Drafted JV 6th overall

Has signed some ridiculous contract extensions.

3 yrs in ...we are a mess with probably the worst talent pool in the entire league.

Please don't chime in with the Dahlen and Goldobin acquisitions....you think those teams gave up "top" prospects they were really high on ?

Time will tell...that they are instantly 2 of our top 5 prospects is testimony enough...

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But not for maneuvering the roster to a point where the two most attractive pieces available due to age, contract or eligibility were Sbisa and Gaunce.

K

Kinda glad I still had a minus today, it's not to often you get to reward someone for idiocy

Idiocy...wow.

Read some of your posts Warhippy.

Pot/kettle

Gotta love the Benning supporters...

14 minutes ago, nickels said:

I will give him credit for assembling the least attractive player base for an expansion team to pick from..

no that goes to a tie between Calgary and Carolina who Vegas got less from. 

8 minutes ago, nickels said:

Not the night for it...but

Got nothing for Kesler

Drafted JV 6th overall

Has signed some ridiculous contract extensions.

3 yrs in ...we are a mess with probably the worst talent pool in the entire league.

Please don't chime in with the Dahlen and Goldobin acquisitions....you think those teams gave up "top" prospects they were really high on ?

Time will tell...that they are instantly 2 of our top 5 prospects is testimony enough...

He did fine with the Kesler trade. 

The JV pick is only garbage to dummy impatient fans. 

If you are a somewhat smart person, and know some players take a bit longer to develop, it is a fine pick.  

What 'ridiculous' contracts are you talking about?  

A healthy Sutter is worth his contract.  

In the last season and a half, Sbisa was earning his.  

Doresett I'll give you, because I just don't like the look of his dumb face.   Hahaha

Dahlin and Goldy were great returns for what we sent the other way.  

You are just regurgitating other trolls arguments. 

Just now, drummerboy said:

He did fine with the Kesler trade. 

The JV pick is only garbage to dummy impatient fans. 

If you are a somewhat smart person, and know some players take a bit longer to develop, it is a fine pick.  

What 'ridiculous' contracts are you talking about?  

A healthy Sutter is worth his contract.  

In the last season and a half, Sbisa was earning his.  

Doresett I'll give you, because I just don't like the look of his dumb face.   Hahaha

Dahlin and Goldy were great returns for what we sent the other way.  

You are just regurgitating other trolls arguments. 

He's the best GM ever....

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Nope. Not at all.  

But he is a lot better than certain meatballs give him credit for.  

no he's not...

Not just "meatballs"....pretty much everyone outside the city of Vancouver.

I think our GM can be credited with a win tonight just for not participating in some of the stupidity and just letting it happen.  Would I rather have had Las Vegas take Dorsett or Biega, hell ya, but losing Sbisa isn't the worst thing that could have happened.  I still don't really understand what Florida or the Islanders are doing, but I can't understand Vegas taking Engelland from Calgary either. 

We lost a player, but every team was going to lose one.  At least we didn't give vegas 2 or 3 others in the way of draftpicks/prospects for the honour.

5 minutes ago, Solinar said:

I think our GM can be credited with a win tonight just for not participating in some of the stupidity and just letting it happen.  Would I rather have had Las Vegas take Dorsett or Biega, hell ya, but losing Sbisa isn't the worst thing that could have happened.  I still don't really understand what Florida or the Islanders are doing, but I can't understand Vegas taking Engelland from Calgary either. 

We lost a player, but every team was going to lose one.  At least we didn't give vegas 2 or 3 others in the way of draftpicks/prospects for the honour.

I agree...and not AT ALL what this post was intended to say.  It was made as a lite hearted joke at Benning

Ridding the team of Sbisa's 3.6 contract is probably the absolute best result we could have had.

No way we can't replace his play next year with that $$....much rather live w/a developing OJ and 3.6 million in cap space than another year of LS.

Having said that...always liked Luca and hope he and his family enjoy their time there.

Archived