The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

As much as I love the hockey side of the Olympics I actually spend more time watching other events I wouldn't normally get to watch. Don't tune out the Olympics cause Pettersson didn't make a team he wouldn't make if NHLers were going anyway. He went to the World Juniors. That's enough fancy, somewhat meaningless hockey for one year. He's young, he needs to play games that matter. Olympics are cool but they aren't indicative of what most hockey games are like in the NHL. Being in the SHL would be more beneficial at this stage imo.

With the time difference and the fact that I've cut my cable I couldn't be bothered to watch these other sports. In the end I'll probably just be medal counting rather than actually watching (replays or not). However to be completely honest I doubt I'd make the time to watch hockey either based on the forementioned reasons...but at least I'd watch the replays and highlights 

5 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Växjö already up 2-0 after 6 minutes. Pettersson with the first. Sniper as per usual.

Liberec is in tough. Växjö is already a rough place for a road team. Getting down early is not the start the White Tigers were looking for. They were already underdogs before the puck dropped. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

9 minutes ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

Any other streams for the game? The link posted isn't available for streaming in Canada.

It’s on TSN2.

EDIT: actually looks like TSN is doing an hour delay and now starting at 10:30. :( 

Otherwise you’ll need to... actually I can’t say due to board rules.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1

This Champions League hockey is actually quite entertaining....very fast.

I'm going to admit to being SOMEWHAT underwhelmed by EP's World Junior performance. I think it actually has more to do my lofty expectations for him to dominate than the fact that he was in any way remotely awful...because he wasn't. Factor in the flu component - only EP knows how much it affected him - and it is possible that what he was able to do was in fact remarkable.

Anyway, I've been a Canuck fan long enough to have watched the 1982 Cup Final on TV, and I wear my Canuck underoos to bed like any good fan does....and my desire for our own SuperStar is such that I'm really pulling for Elias Petterson to perhaps be The One. But I did see enough in the World Juniors to encourage patience with the kid....I see all sorts of comments saying he is a lock to make the Canucks next year - I am increasingly of the opinion that that would not be wise. Even playing amongst his age group, the smaller ice proved a bit challenging for the current state of his game - EP on the big ice is a completely different beast.