The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, cory40 said:

Trading Tanev would be stupid. He is young and valuable. Players need to learn from pros. Just look at Edmonton. The picks we get today will be tomorrows discounts. If we keep Tanev his style he will be a great shutdown defenseman until 34 ish maybe 36. |No point having top guns with out stud defensemen. ie Willie Mitchell. Back to Edmonton. Maybe their struggles have a lot to do with not knowing how to win. Something that might not change  in the near future. All the players have been brought up with a losing culture that lacked structure. Seems like the same kind of hockey in Edmonton as 4 years ago. Blow a team out of the building followed by 3 or 4 loses. We have to be careful not to deplete our team of Veterns just to stockpile young players. Next year we could have a few younger forwards in our line-up. Then we will need the Gudbranson's and Tanevs , to allow growth and stability for EP, BB, and others. I swear our Media want us to follow Edmontons model because they are not Canucks fans. If JB is fired I also think a few media personal should be fired also. Its not like they report hockey anymore, they try to sound like smart Hockey people and that they know better. Take Tony Gallegar  quick to point out all JB's mistakes, How about posting some of his mistakes, Different ballgame.

Being a sports journalist must be the best job in the world but unfortunately probably the one with the least honesty and self critique. 

Absolutely nothing wrong about saying, how you see it, however... no apologies, no owning up to being wrong etc. 

Just focus on the few things that was right.... the broken clock is right twice a day all over. 

Proper journalism is dead... its all sensationalism.

Edited by spook007
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

I'd rather him get back into a rhythm and routine and have a strong finish to the season anyway. 

he can represent sweden in the olympics when it becomes relevant again. 

^^ if this was a normal Olympics year he doesn't make the cut this year anyway, we wouldn't even be thinking about it. I'd actually rather have him stay where he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

Hopefully this lights a fire underneath him to prove the Olympic brass they chose wrong. On another note now there's absolutely no reason for me to watch the Olympics anymore. 

As much as I love the hockey side of the Olympics I actually spend more time watching other events I wouldn't normally get to watch. Don't tune out the Olympics cause Pettersson didn't make a team he wouldn't make if NHLers were going anyway. He went to the World Juniors. That's enough fancy, somewhat meaningless hockey for one year. He's young, he needs to play games that matter. Olympics are cool but they aren't indicative of what most hockey games are like in the NHL. Being in the SHL would be more beneficial at this stage imo.

I'm little surprised he's not on the Olympic team disappointed  to. 

I keep reading his numbers are similar to forsberg as a young player pretty wierd that he wouldn't be selected in a year when it's a wide open completion.i was looking forward to watching him play on the world stage again.

It is curious why one of the top scorers in the Swedish league would be on a national team and I thought he had a good showing at the wjc. 

Hope he doesn't take it too hard. Being part of the Olympics is a very big thing in Europe and it sounded like it was one of the questions he kept on being asked about the past few weeks.  It wasn't an objective of his season but he thought he had a chance and said it would be an honour to represent his country.

Edited by mll