The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Nothing to do now but eat, work out on the stationary unicycle while juggling one handed, eat, leg squats, stomach crunches, eat and eat....!

Unicycle juggling with a puck on the hockey stick? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wouldn't make that proposed trade (neither would the Sabres) even if it was Elias and switching picks with them.  I think the Dman we get at 7 (hoping for Hughs or Boquist) might - in 3 or 4 seasons - be better than Dahlin.  

Lol you wouldn't dare say this if we landed the #1 pick. There's a reason that Dahlin is the first consensus #1 pick D man in a long time. Why the hell would Dahlin be ranked first in every single scouting service if Hughes or Boqvist will eclipse him in 3 or 4 seasons?? 

2 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Lol you wouldn't dare say this if we landed the #1 pick. There's a reason that Dahlin is the first consensus #1 pick D man in a long time. Why the hell would Dahlin be ranked first in every single scouting service if Hughes or Boqvist will eclipse him in 3 or 4 seasons?? 

Hello...McFly...It's the Sabres... that's why!!!  :lol:

Our guy, like Pettersson last draft, will turn out to be better.:towel:

Go Bo Go!!!!

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Love the optimism, however naive i think it is. Had we gotten the number 1 pick, you would never say what you just said. 

Did we get that number one pick though?  If we did, I would be hoping JB would trade down.  This Dahlin guy is too much hype. 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did we get that number one pick though?  If we did, I would be hoping JB would trade down.  This Dahlin guy is too much hype. 

McJesus was hyped when he was like 13 years old. He’s hyped because it’s warranted. Dahlin will be a top 5 dman in this league in a short time frame from being drafted. The guy we get at 7 will be good but Rasmus is the man!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

McJesus was hyped when he was like 13 years old. He’s hyped because it’s warranted. Dahlin will be a top 5 dman in this league in a short time frame from being drafted. The guy we get at 7 will be good but Rasmus is the man!

What's McDavid won?  

This Dahlin guy is way over hyped, as are all the recent top picks.  Our guy at 7 will, in time, prove to be better.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

I disagree about adding bulk.  Look what that did for Hutton and Virtanen.  If anything, hopefully this injury forces him to focus his strength training on his lower body and core.

He needs stronger lower body, balance and conditioning.  Imo

Beer for hydration? Cheeto's at 4 am is the more likely problem for the Beastie boys...  

There is target training for hockey.  I'm quite sure Pettersson's routine, which saw his power as top 7 results in the draft combine on the Windgate test. Among 100 plus elite athletes? Is much closer to ideal training than what Virtanen was (not) doing.  The Windgate is largely leg & core power, raw ability to exert force & energy with the puff (cardio) to carry that output. Similarly, his hockey displays amazing core strength, power and balance. Similarly, lean muscle mass wont slow down an elite athlete.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's McDavid won?  

This Dahlin guy is way over hyped, as are all the recent top picks.  Our guy at 7 will, in time, prove to be better.

McDavid has won alot and Dahlin isn't overhyped lol. You are right though, we will get a good player at 7.

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's McDavid won?  

You keep trying to put cup success on a single player Alf. A player can be a fantastic player even though he hasn’t won the cup. McDavid is arguably the best player in the league. I’d say easily top 3 player in the league and you wouldn’t get much disagreement on that from anybody. Two 100+ point seasons in a row at ages 20 and 21 and a potential back to back Hart trophy winner. Don’t undersell McDavid. Other teams have good players Alf :P. I know you like to hate on anybody that doesn’t wear Canuck colours.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I put a laughing emoji because you really can’t make this $&!# up. Every notable prospect except Hutton and Gaudette has had a significant injury before their debut. 

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

McDouche* not McJesus

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hello...McFly...It's the Sabres... that's why!!!  :lol:

Our guy, like Pettersson last draft, will turn out to be better.:towel:

Go Bo Go!!!!

Last year was completely different circumstances. There was no consensus #1.

Dahlin wayyyy better than any other D man in this draft. You are too optimistic lol

• Haha 1