The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ghosts and other unexplainables

Ryanstorm

This occurrence involved staying in the small town of Port Gamble on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington. Myself, my wife, and our dog were staying at a family cabin near the beach overlooking Hood Canal, which is the body of water between the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas. We had been there for a few days, and had enjoyed the wonders of Washington.

It was about 3:30 am in the morning, when I was woken up by the howling of my dog, who is a healthy Rottweiler/Bouvier cross. He was cowering under a chair in the living room, and was shaking. As soon as I got him settled I heard the noise from outside. It was a wail, that pierced the night air and heightened in pitch over about 30 seconds. My blood ran cold and I froze in my tracks. It was then responded to by a similar call on the other side of the cabin, and then by a third call probably a mile in the distance. My dog howled again, and the wailing stopped. I got him into the bathroom and turned on the fan which drowned out the noise. I stayed by the window and listened to the wails for a couple more minutes as they echoed in the night. 

The next morning, I did a walk of the 3.5 acres to see if there was any sign of what made the noise, but didn't see a thing. We walked down to the beach later that morning and found on a large flat rock near a manmade bulkhead, a deer carcass. The animal had three of it's legs removed (torn off?), and the majority of it's torso missing. Only it's head and left front leg remained. It was a chilling thing to see after the sounds of the night before, which I tried to convince myself were foxes, but sounded a hell of a lot bigger, and unlike anything I've heard.

52 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

You're freaking me out Phil. But you're way too curious man, you're like the first guy to go in a horror movie. 

Hahahaha! It was the middle of the day, and I was part of a crew of ten, so I thought that my chances were pretty good for survival.

I have no doubt that you perceived all of this, but don't you think given the freaky surroundings that the figure was something your mind could have created? 

I thought about that too, S'all, but I'm not easily spooked. Surely, the surroundings were eerie, to say the least, but I did feel as though there was a presence there with us, that wasn't on the company's dime, or of the living sort. That feeling that your not alone and possibly being watched by something that feels you're disturbing their environment was really strong.

OK I'll play but preface the story by saying I do think there has to be a rational explanation, but it was weird, and it is true. 

About 15 years ago on an Alaska trip I went to an abandoned town site called Dyea, where most of the town was killed by a mud slide in 1898, about 100 people or so. They were all buried in the same small graveyard that you can still find today. So I went to see the graveyard, of course on a stormy day, and when you get there its basically a clearing in a stand of thin trees and a bunch of old decaying wooden grave markers.

But the really freaky thing is all 100 or so all have the same date on them and they all face you when you enter the clearing. After about a minute the hairs on my arms and neck were standing on end and I did feel very unwelcome. So I snapped a few pics and got the heck out. 

The weird part though is this is the only place that my camera failed and I didn't end up with any usable shots. Worked great before and after. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

OK I'll play but preface the story by saying I do think there has to be a rational explanation, but it was weird, and it is true. 

About 15 years ago on an Alaska trip I went to an abandoned town site called Dyea, where most of the town was killed by a mud slide in 1898, about 100 people or so. They were all buried in the same small graveyard that you can still find today. So I went to see the graveyard, of course on a stormy day, and when you get there its basically a clearing in a stand of thin trees and a bunch of old decaying wooden grave markers.

But the really freaky thing is all 100 or so all have the same date on them and they all face you when you enter the clearing. After about a minute the hairs on my arms and neck were standing on end and I did feel very unwelcome. So I snapped a few pics and got the heck out. 

The weird part though is this is the only place that my camera failed and I didn't end up with any usable shots. Worked great before and after. 

Creepy, S'all. I found this picture of what I think are some of the wooden grave markers. 20130302-5023.jpg

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Creepy, S'all. I found this picture of what I think are some of the wooden grave markers. 20130302-5023.jpg

nope thats the old dock area from the town site, the grave markers I'm talking about are surrounded by trees. 

googled it - looks like they liked this photographer better. Imagine this on a dark stormy afternoon, alone. 

2011_05_29_DyeaCemetery_3581.jpg

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You can't offer up that tidbit without delivering on it.

I've had a few incidents that have been in the realm of unexplained.

I used to work for a moving company years ago and we had removed three truckloads of modular office panels and chairs from a BC Hydro building in Burnaby. We were given the address of 2601 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam to deliver the equipment to, which is Riverview Hospital.

We called ahead and the contact person met us at the entry gate. They directed us to a building downslope from the main hall, referred to as a cabin. It was a two level, empty barracks-type of building with windows throughout. We began offloading of the furniture and placed it all in three rooms on the main floor. (Yes the Liberal government used nearly 70% of the buildings in Riverview to store office furniture instead of housing people with mental illness, but I digress).

Once we were done we heard something rattling in a room adjacent to one we had just filled with office chairs. Upon entry to the room, I noticed that some of the blinds were moving, but after inspecting, all windows in the room were closed. Within the room was an incubator, and ten wheelchairs equipped with restraints from the wrist to the shoulder, and ankle to the thigh.

I made my way out of the room and to a set of double doors, which I opened. These doors were to the stairwell leading to the second floor. The walls of the stairwell were covered with scrawled writing, handprints and what I believe might have been blood, however it was waaay up near the ceiling, so I couldn't get close enough to look, and forgot my ladder.

I could hear something moving on the floor above and being the curious type, made my way to the top floor to see. I opened the double doors and walked through. The floor was completely empty. The floors bore marks of where dozens of beds once were. I noticed something on a window in the far side of the room, and walked towards it. As I got closer, I realized that it was a small teddy bear with a perfect noose tied around it's neck with the other end tied to the sliding lock on the window.

I gingerly made my way back down the stairs and joined the rest of the moving crew who were outside getting ready to leave. I noticed that everyone was out, and turned to shut the door and lock it. Upon facing the door, I saw a figure standing facing me, which abruptly moved behind the door. I called out to the figure not sure if it was one of our guys, but no one answered. I walked in and looked behind the door, and nothing. I shut that mofo and locked it in probably a millisecond and sprinted to the truck. I've talked to other people who have done asbestos and lead abatement in the main building, and they've said that they have encountered very malevolent energy there.

I used to do Landscaping at that place, we we're a crew of grown ass men too scared to walk up to the building to look inside lol.  No doubt that place is haunted, which is probably not a good place to treat people who are mentally ill if you think about it.

The only unexplainable one for me was seeing a "ghost" when i was a kid. But i was so young i dont really remember too well. But about 6 months ago i just got home with my two sisters and went to take out the recycling. They were both in their rooms and i was outside. When i got back in they were annoyed at me because they thought i tapped on their window to scare them(ive done it before, you can reach their window with a pole from the deck) but i explained to them i was just taking out the recycling. My sister said there were a few taps on her window and something white hit it. My other sister heard it from the other room. 

They didnt believe it wasnt me at first but i convinced them. We searched around the entire house and i thought i heard something on the roof so i looked up there as best as i could but saw nothing. My sister is convinced it wasnt a bird but thats the only thing i can think of. Now its sort of an ongoing joke in my family :)

Middle of summer sitting on my friends couch and the temperature drops into the minus 10 C range and this temp anomaly passes from my right to my left and goes down the hallway, knocking a picture off the wall. All the windows and doors were closed.

Had goosebumps, friend says it was the fourth time that had happened in 10 years.

24 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

nope thats the old dock area from the town site, the grave markers I'm talking about are surrounded by trees. 

googled it - looks like they liked this photographer better. Imagine this on a dark stormy afternoon, alone. 

That's not creepy at all..........a graveyard in a forest....

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, Tre Mac said:

I used to do Landscaping at that place, we we're a crew of grown ass men too scared to walk up to the building to look inside lol.  No doubt that place is haunted, which is probably not a good place to treat people who are mentally ill if you think about it.

Fair enough. From what I heard that went on there, no doubt there is bad energy. I know two nurses who worked at Riverview a while back, and they said that it was a place you could only work at for so long before having a nervous breakdown.

30 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

That reminds me I was googling my name one day(don't laugh, we've all done it) when I saw the tombstone of a German soilder with the same name.  He was born 100years before me and died during the war.  Not really haunting but creepy seeing your name on a tombstone nonetheless. 

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. From what I heard that went on their, no doubt there is bad energy. I know two nurses who worked at Riverview a while back, and they said that it was a place you could only work at for so long before having a nervous breakdown.

I wonder if there's a link between haunted office furniture stored at Riverview and Christy Clark? Some kind of supernatural possession? 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wonder if there's a link between haunted office furniture stored at Riverview and Christy Clark? Some kind of supernatural possession? 

She was probably the figure floating around in the building, looking for places to hide her campaign contributions.

23 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

She was probably the figure floating around in the building, looking for places to hide her campaign contributions.

was the teddy bear named "Weaver" by any chance?

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I used to work for a moving company years ago and we had removed three truckloads of modular office panels and chairs from a BC Hydro building in Burnaby. We were given the address of 2601 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam to deliver the equipment to, which is Riverview Hospital.

We called ahead and the contact person met us at the entry gate. They directed us to a building downslope from the main hall, referred to as a cabin. It was a two level, empty barracks-type of building with windows throughout. We began offloading of the furniture and placed it all in three rooms on the main floor. (Yes the Liberal government used nearly 70% of the buildings in Riverview to store office furniture instead of housing people with mental illness, but I digress).

Once we were done we heard something rattling in a room adjacent to one we had just filled with office chairs. Upon entry to the room, I noticed that some of the blinds were moving, but after inspecting, all windows in the room were closed. Within the room was an incubator, and ten wheelchairs equipped with restraints from the wrist to the shoulder, and ankle to the thigh.

I made my way out of the room and to a set of double doors, which I opened. These doors were to the stairwell leading to the second floor. The walls of the stairwell were covered with scrawled writing, handprints and what I believe might have been blood, however it was waaay up near the ceiling, so I couldn't get close enough to look, and forgot my ladder.

I could hear something moving on the floor above and being the curious type, made my way to the top floor to see. I opened the double doors and walked through. The floor was completely empty. The floors bore marks of where dozens of beds once were. I noticed something on a window in the far side of the room, and walked towards it. As I got closer, I realized that it was a small teddy bear with a perfect noose tied around it's neck with the other end tied to the sliding lock on the window.

I gingerly made my way back down the stairs and joined the rest of the moving crew who were outside getting ready to leave. I noticed that everyone was out, and turned to shut the door and lock it. Upon facing the door, I saw a figure standing facing me, which abruptly moved behind the door. I called out to the figure not sure if it was one of our guys, but no one answered. I walked in and looked behind the door, and nothing. I shut that mofo and locked it in probably a millisecond and sprinted to the truck. I've talked to other people who have done asbestos and lead abatement in the main building, and they've said that they have encountered very malevolent energy there.

When you saw that Teddy Bear that's a sign, creepy story, I would've ran out the house like that as well. In situations like that I would make sure I'm never alone at all times.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lots of reports of crazy things happening at Riverview. The place is famous for it.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:53 PM, Kragar said:

Dill for me, please.  I really love the ones on White Spot burgers.  Just that little bit of warmth from being on the bun, mmmmm.

Gotta hit the Spot every time I get back up there.  Hopefully more than once.

Ya know for a change up those Sandwich Builders Bicks make... dills sliced thinly length wise are good as well.  I'm getting hungry now.

28 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Ya know for a change up those Sandwich Builders Bicks make... dills sliced thinly length wise are good as well.  I'm getting hungry now.

Oh yeah.  I remember years ago having to slice 'em that way for myself.  Was so happy when they started to sell them sliced lengthwise.

I suffer from sleep paralysis. Don't get it as much now that I'm older. I kept it to myself mostly until I was in my 20's. I didn't know if I was a crack pot or what but it did do one positive thing for me. For those of you who know, It's some scary stuff. Because it was soo scary it helped me not sweat the threatening things I would run into in my daily life. I like to think it makes me stronger.

I bring this up cause I recently saw a bad doc 'Nightmares' on netflix about this. A lot of the show they talk about the supernatural beliefs connected to this condition. I think it is simply a medical issue that they haven't figured out yet. But it is nice to find out after all this time that it is actually at thing and that I'm not craycray..

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I suffer from sleep paralysis. Don't get it as much now that I'm older. I kept it to myself mostly until I was in my 20's. I didn't know if I was a crack pot or what but it did do one positive thing for me. For those of you who know, It's some scary stuff. Because it was soo scary it helped me not sweat the threatening things I would run into in my daily life. I like to think it makes me stronger.

I bring this up cause I recently saw a bad doc 'Nightmares' on netflix about this. A lot of the show they talk about the supernatural beliefs connected to this condition. I think it is simply a medical issue that they haven't figured out yet. But it is nice to find out after all this time that it is actually at thing and that I'm not craycray..

That's interesting and I'm glad you find some comfort in that, bishopdan. I don't, however, think it explains every supernatural encounter.

Archived