sonoman

Road Trip Advice

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Need some advice for planning a road trip.  Hopefully the Las Vegas game on March 20.   Are there any companies offering package deals with flight, hotel and game tickets? Mods please move to appropriate board if it shouldn't be on this one. 

Posted (edited)

Funny you post that, I am literally planning my own trip to LV from California as I type! I haven't seen any deals yet of hotel+tickets. Single game tickets go on sale in August; you can get added to a single game ticket sales/updates mailing list through their site though. I have been using the usual expedia/travelocity to look at flight/hotel packages. Travelocity seems to have better prices.

Edited by Cramarossa

If you drive down, make sure you have air conditioning.

43 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Need some advice for planning a road trip.  Hopefully the Las Vegas game on March 20.   Are there any companies offering package deals with flight, hotel and game tickets? Mods please move to appropriate board if it shouldn't be on this one. 

My advice....don't watch Van.

Half of the Golden Knights crowds will be fans from other teams or drunkies from another country. The Vegas team is a money grab and a joke, i would never go watch a game there.

It's not a true road trip if you're flying part of the way. ;)

1 hour ago, canuckmen84 said:

Half of the Golden Knights crowds will be fans from other teams or drunkies from another country. The Vegas team is a money grab and a joke, i would never go watch a game there.

Drunk people are the worst amirite guys?

http://myteaminvegas.com/

Personally, I would just book my hotel and flight on my own and probably get tickets through this site.  That is only because I would want to sit in a big group of Canucks fans not because I can't do it myself.

Maybe VegasCanuck will give us an update.

I usually fly allegiant.  I have been to several games in California and a couple in Phoenix over the years.

I'll be down in Vegas to watch the game on the 20th of March with the gf should be fun.

Honestly any package is going to have additional costs IMO.

Best bet is use redtag.ca and book your flight hotel in advance... and get your ticket separately.

On 2017-07-17 at 7:37 PM, sonoman said:

So will you be in a flying car or driving a jet to Las Vegas.

man.  I've done a lot of stuff.  But I've yet to go through a Taco Bell drive thru in a 737.

that being said.  My advice would be to go to Canadian tire and get a few extra side view mirrors for the end of your wings and maybe an extra back up camera.

8 hours ago, riffraff said:

So will you be in a flying car or driving a jet to Las Vegas.

man.  I've done a lot of stuff.  But I've yet to go through a Taco Bell drive thru in a 737.

that being said.  My advice would be to go to Canadian tire and get a few extra side view mirrors for the end of your wings and maybe an extra back up camera.

Road "game" trip ;) 

IMG_0736.PNG

On 7/17/2017 at 8:21 PM, Chris12345 said:

My advice....don't watch Van.

Perfect comment on a Canuck fan discussion forum.   Excellent form.   Bravo for you!   

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Perfect comment on a Canuck fan discussion forum.   Excellent form.   Bravo for you!   

I thought so. I wouldn't watch the Canucks live when I could watch Crosby. I'd watch the Canucks live in Van.

The Canucks are my favorite team, but I also like good hockey.

Edited by Chris12345

@sonoman Idk if you ever signed up for the VGK email list but in case you didn't I wanted to show you the email I got today:

Screenshot_2017-08-24-14-56-54.thumb.png.8cd15932b042fff8b85bf820a54ea37f.png