The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man drives car through counter-protesters at white supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Toews

Sadly I believe that we will get used to this kind of stuff. Take a look around at our relatively secure society and enjoy it, I don't think it will endure. This insanity is going to get worse, things are not helped by the irresponsible and controlled media, who for the most part we have now sussed out. The only problem with that is that we now have no idea which "truth" to believe. As for government(s), they are so obviously influenced by outside forces that we can't believe them either. Another factor which helps fuel the fires is the ever increasing world population.

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country"—Hermann Goring

59 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This world is in BIG trouble and the number one finger of blame goes toward Government officials who are responsible to diffuse and de-escalate tensions, not fuel them.  My God, this is hard to watch....

You can add the media to the list as well. Not just the media that people claim is "fake news" but mainstream media as well.

Divide and conquer.

"In order to distract us from the issues of class and freedom, they created issues around religion and race to dominate the world for centuries to come." - Immortal Technique

Pin the people against one another and they will fail to see the real enemy. The fearmongering and disinformation being spread by the corporate media are intended to distract us from the real issues. Hatred is taught, and only we as a community can eliminate it from society. Thoughts and prayers to all involved in that incident. Peace, love and prosperity in abundance to all.

Everyone blames the 'media' but when it comes down to it, social media has played a far bigger role in separating and radicalizing each side of the political spectrum in America. People might not believe everything they see on the news, but they sure seem to believe everything they read on social media.

3 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Everyone blames the 'media' but when it comes down to it, social media has played a far bigger role in separating and radicalizing each side of the political spectrum in America. People might not believe everything they see on the news, but they sure seem to believe everything they read on social media.

Yeah, one of my aunts firmly believes Justin Bieber blew the lid off a Hollywood pedophile ring because he broke down during bible study and confessed to things he'd seen at various parties. Her source was Facebook. 

3 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Republican and ex-military...

https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex-fields-jr/

James Alex Fields Jr. (born April 26, 1997) is a resident of Maumee, Ohio. He is registered to vote in Lucas County, Ohio and put his party affiliation as Republican.[1]In addition, James is registered as the owner of a Gray 2010 Dodge Challenger that ran into protesters at the Unite the Right rally.[2]

Military Service

From August 18th to December 11th, 2015, James was listed as an Active Duty Service Member in the United States Army.[24] 

Car Incident

The driver of the vehicle was arrested. At first, rumors went around naming Joel Vangheluwe as the culprit in the incident as people found the vehicle to be registered to his father, Jerome. Joel denied the claims, saying that he sold the Challenger and that he was at a wedding with his girlfriend. [10] [29]

People later tracked down the Challenger to be registered to James, although it is unconfirmed that he is the driver. [10] [29] 

Taylor Lorenz, Tech reporter for The Hill, tweeted that police officers think that the person that ran people down was not malicious in intent and that the driver was scared. His car was being swarmed and some of them turned violent.[16] Lorenz was also punched in the face at the rally. 

An unidentified 32-year-old woman died as a result of the incident. [29] Her death is being investigated as a homicide. [29]  

Source: https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex-fields-jr/#ixzz4pakViL7B

So is this more fake news? All the reports I've seen said the police were actively investigating and did not comment on the drivers motives. I checked the twitter feed of this twit and she said several officers told her there was no malicious intent. After being called out she walked it back to say two police officers told her that but they were not yet on scene. Then later she walks it back further and says many eye witnesses were coming forward saying it was entirely intentional. This is the real problem with fake news because the far right leaning folks already read everything they need to know. That or they got someone to read it for them. You know damn right that there is a seed of doubt in these people's minds now and they will continue to believe what they want to believe. This is the real damage that fake or irresponsible reporting causes. Too much inaccurate information too fast. Sadly that's the world we live in now. Anyone with a phone and a social media account is a media personality now, looking for followers at any cost. 

3 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

Trump didn't do that. So what, if Olivia Nuzzi says it, it must be true?

Please... Trump has always shied away going after these far right radicals head on. He can threaten 'fire and fury' on North Korea, go after Muslims and illegal immigrants but he can't say a word about neo-Nazis. Did you not see what these Nazi newspapers are saying? They are interpreting that speech as Trump's tacit approval. Had Trump firmly denounced their actions and their cause it would have sent a loud and clear message that he was against such individuals but that would cost Donnie quite a bit of support. 

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

Please... Trump has always shied away going after these far right radicals head on. He can threaten 'fire and fury' on North Korea, go after Muslims and illegal immigrants but he can't say a word about neo-Nazis. Did you not see what these Nazi newspapers are saying? They are interpreting that speech as Trump's tacit approval. Had Trump firmly denounced their actions and their cause it would have sent a loud and clear message that he was against such individuals but that would cost Donnie quite a bit of support. 

He said hes outright against violence, bigotry and hatred. I don't know how that could be any more clear

23 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

He said hes outright against violence, bigotry and hatred. I don't know how that could be any more clear

Hmm so he can make multiple tweets going after radical Muslims but he cant ever address right wing radicals. If you have not noticed that Trump only addresses these individuals in vague terms, then you clearly have not been paying any attention to what he says.

21 minutes ago, VanCityE said:

oh please you sound like a whiney hillary lover.

i wont comment again we all know youll argue anything i say with ridiculous BS

HE DENOUNCED ANY VIOLENCE ON BOTH SIDES INCASE OF ANY RETALIATION

there could be a number of reasons

Hillary? Wasn't she the witch of right wing lore, the modern day Medusa? I thought you guys threw her in a lake to see if she would drown. Nobody really cares about Hillary here except maybe @Alflives who thinks she is "cute". 

So telling me that my arguments are "ridiculous BS" before I have made them. Thanks for admitting right off the bat that you are a lightweight.

Retaliation against whom?

Sure, lets hear them. Why doesn't Trump go after far right radicals directly? Why does he address them with vague terms? They are part of his base, if you are a Trump supporter you just have to get used to the fact that you are part of a movement that also includes Nazis and white supremacists. Denying that these individuals exist or not admitting that Trump does his best to avoid directly confronting them only makes you look blind. Trump can't attack these individuals because these people overwhelming came out in support of him.

Trump's twitter account has also tweeted images that have been traced back to neo-Nazi sources. It is transparent that Trump's campaign has regularly used dog-whistle tactics to gain the support of these individuals. Trump will never go after them head on because they are some of his most fervid supporters. 

if america has so many nazis and white supremacists they can elect there own official 

i guess i am out of touch and out of the loop.

i thought he was elected by people who wanted real change and were tired of being lied to by usual politicians.

that he got elected for honest huge huge rallies, and tons of them.

i thought he promised jobs and lots of them , and a wall 

i don't remember him saying anything about white power but i'm a lightweight  

you can throw insults pretty good but your facts are shat

retaliate against the nazis who played lawn mower games today ?

where have you been , this thread is dedicated to it

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

Trump's twitter account has also tweeted images that have been traced back to neo-Nazi sources. It is transparent that Trump's campaign has regularly used dog-whistle tactics to gain the support of these individuals. Trump will never go after them head on because they are some of his most fervid supporters. 

really man wow

throwing some pretty big BS here 

you making a Lying social media campaign ?

like wannabe cnn one day or what

2 hours ago, VanCityE said:

if america has so many nazis and white supremacists they can elect there own official 

i guess i am out of touch and out of the loop.

i thought he was elected by people who wanted real change and were tired of being lied to by usual politicians.

that he got elected for honest huge huge rallies, and tons of them.

i thought he promised jobs and lots of them , and a wall 

i don't remember him saying anything about white power but i'm a lightweight  

you can throw insults pretty good but your facts are shat

retaliate against the nazis who played lawn mower games today ?

where have you been , this thread is dedicated to it

Nice straw man. I never said Trump got elected solely due to Nazis and white supremacists. So that poorly constructed rebuttal is invalid right off the bat. You are a lightweight because your arguments are weak. I would suggest you start reading up on issues before you start debating with individuals who are far more informed than you are. Quite frankly you simply are not on my level.

2 hours ago, VanCityE said:

really man wow

throwing some pretty big BS here 

you making a Lying social media campaign ?

like wannabe cnn one day or what

Donald Trump tweeted a meme Saturday that used dog-whistle anti-Semitism to announce that his political rival, "Crooked Hillary," had "made history." 

The meme Trump tweeted prominently featured the Star of David, a holy symbol of the Jewish religion that Nazis attempted to pervert by forcing Jews over the age of 6 to sew it onto their clothing during Hitler's reign. 

Emblazoned onto the Star of David in Trump's meme are the words "Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!" 

The star lies atop a giant pile of money.   

YTY2NzVjZjc4OSMvRkFaQnNiZGFkQThYZG5vWDB4

Mic discovered Sunday that Donald Trump's Twitter account wasn't the first place the meme appeared. The image was previously featured on 8chan's /pol/ — an Internet message board for the alt-right, a digital movement of neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists newly emboldened by the success of Trump's rhetoric — as early as June 22, over a week before Trump's team tweeted it.      

MDAxOThjNDg5OCMvRlJBYTIyckUtZW4zazBnZ2Zf

Though the thread where the meme was featured no longer exists, you can find it by searching the URL in Archive.is, a "time capsule of the internet" that saves unalterable text and graphic of webpages. Doing so allows you to see the thread on /pol/ as it originally existed.

Of note is the file name of the photo, HillHistory.jpg, potentially a nod to the Neo-Nazi code for "HH," or "Heil Hitler," which the alt-right is fond of hiding in plain sight. 

The watermark on the lower-left corner of the image leads to a Twitter account that regularly tweets violent, racist memes commenting on the state of geopolitical politics.

M2JkNTIzZjI1YSMvbTIxMko4QjRkZjJwUWU2VEdv

Other examples of images tweeted by this account include anti-Semitic images of journalists, violent propaganda about Muslims and refugees and racist images of Clinton and black Democrats.

Spoiler

MmYzY2U3YjU0NyMvWEhJOFJzeDFhX2RLUlcyRDF5

YzYwZjc2NzAyYSMvUFNKcHFzd2h0R2VCVXFieXpL

YTE1ZWI5OTU5MCMvdTF2enNGeHdET3FRRDZQdzN1

Following this report, the account from which the watermarked Star of David meme comes began deleting some of its more inflammatory images. The account itself no longer exists as of Sunday afternoon.

https://mic.com/articles/147711/donald-trump-s-star-of-david-hillary-clinton-meme-was-created-by-white-supremacists#.6dfjxS0Iy

Read it and weep. -_-

Archived