The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Anthony Duclair, Adam Clendening to Blackhawks for Richard Panik, Laurent Dauphin

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

13pts in 37 games at age 21 for a D man. I would be thrilled to have him on our team!! Seems like nothing but potential upside. That was a knee jerk stupid trade, but yes it is in the past.

Loved Forsling at the WJC to only see him gone moments later. 

Troy Stecher had similar numbers at the same age.

Again, not an upgrade. There would be no place for him on a team that already has too many softer small D-men.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only in Vancouver do fans still complain about a minor trade for years. 

Forsling and Clendening are not an upgrade on this team right now at all. There's a reason why Forsling is playing on Chicago's bottom pair.

Move on people. There will be other Forsling level players to be had in the future. 

Let's see what people say once Forsling gets benched or sent to the minors in favor of Clendening. *cough* asset management *cough*

Just now, DeNiro said:

Troy Stecher had similar numbers at the same age.

Again, not an upgrade. There would be no place for him on a team that already has too many softer small D-men.

Stecher wasnt even in the nhl, cant compare college stats to nhl ones imo

Just because Panik was on waivers prior doesn't mean he has no value. That's the equivalent of saying because Burrows played in the ECHL, his value should be less. 

Panik is only 26 and put up 22 goals and 44 points last year. Yes, it was on a high power Chicago offense, but its still something. 

2 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Let's see what people say once Forsling gets benched or sent to the minors in favor of Clendening. *cough* asset management *cough*

People were still complaining about losing Corrado last time I checked. What's he been up to lately?

Just now, DeNiro said:

People were still complaining about losing Corrado last time I checked. What's he been up to lately?

JB could have taken him on waivers a few days ago. Missed out again. Fire him. (+ shuld of drafted Kopitarzz)

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Just because Panik was on waivers prior doesn't mean he has no value. That's the equivalent of saying because Burrows played in the ECHL, his value should be less. 

Panik is only 26 and put up 22 goals and 44 points last year. Yes, it was on a high power Chicago offense, but its still something. 

He played a top 6 role in Chicago. not terribly hard to achieve those numbers imo

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Stecher wasnt even in the nhl, cant compare college stats to nhl ones imo

Last season.

I guess he was a year older, but still a rookie. Point is these types of players can be found again. Just looking at points doesn't tell the whole story. He's clearly been demoted for a reason.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only in Vancouver do fans still complain about a minor trade for years. 

Forsling and Clendening are not an upgrade on this team right now at all. There's a reason why Forsling is playing on Chicago's bottom pair.

Move on people. There will be other Forsling level players to be had in the future. 

Forsling isn't a bottom pair defenseman on Chicago.  He plays 2nd pairing with Jan Rutta.  Over the last 30 games, the only defenseman to average more ice time than Forsling is Duncan Keith.

Forsling is actually having a really strong season and Q is relying on him more and more with each passing game.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Last season.

I guess he was a year older, but still a rookie. Point is these types of players can be found again. Just looking at points doesn't tell the whole story. He's clearly been demoted for a reason.

Im sure its due to him being young, making mistakes and still learning the pro game. but its a mute point at the end of the day.

I think Duclair will be given a good chance to succeed in Chicago. He sure cant complain about the team he went to, especially if he gets a shot with toews or Kane. If he falters with that opportunity then ya not looking so good their mr duclair

4 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Forsling isn't a bottom pair defenseman on Chicago.  He plays 2nd pairing with Jan Rutta.  Over the last 30 games, the only defenseman to average more ice time than Forsling is Duncan Keith.

Forsling is actually having a really strong season and Q is relying on him more and more with each passing game.

Chicago is also out of a playoff position...

Only reason he would be playing high minutes is because Seabrook is struggling and they don't have options because of their cap. That's like saying Del Zotto is a second pair guy because he plays alot of minutes.

6 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Not gonna happen.  Gustav Forsling and Duncan Keith are the only defensemen now that haven't been healthy scratches.  Can't see Forsling going back to Rockford unless something major happens.

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Im sure its due to him being young, making mistakes and still learning the pro game. but its a mute point at the end of the day.

I think Duclair will be given a good chance to succeed in Chicago. He sure cant complain about the team he went to, especially if he gets a shot with toews or Kane. If he falters with that opportunity then ya not looking so good their mr duclair

I just find it funny how people use that trade as examples of Benning being a bad GM. They're overvaluing Forsling big time.

4 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Not gonna happen.  Gustav Forsling and Duncan Keith are the only defensemen now that haven't been healthy scratches.  Can't see Forsling going back to Rockford unless something major happens.

Chicago's D is a train wreck, hence their spot in the standings and the need to acquire Clendenning.

That doesn't tell the whole story. That's like saying Stecher has been our most consistent D-man. It's easy when everyone else is playing like crap or injured.

I just find it funny how people use that trade as examples of Benning being a bad GM. They're overvaluing Forsling big time.

I dont want to get into a big debate, has JB made some decent trades YES. Has he overpaid or made some bad trads/signing HECK YES

No GM is perfect but I do think Benning is better suited as head scout/ AGM or something like that

Chicago's D is a train wreck, hence their spot in the standings and the need to acquire Clendenning.

That doesn't tell the whole story. That's like saying Stecher has been our most consistent D-man. It's easy when everyone else is playing like crap or injured.

Need to acquire Clendenning? Huh, they just waived Franson who atleast has been a career NHL player not an AHL guy whos jumped all over the league and shown nothing at the NHL level

Archived