The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

30 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Nobody reaches their potential on the Coyotes. I believe it is more the team/organization than the player and I believe Domi would flourish on another team. I suspect the asking price is still going to be relatively high and IMO we would have to make a stronger offer than what has been indicated so far in this thread. Maybe a Domi and 4th for Baertschi, Hutton and a 3rd.

I agree that they aren't going to give him away. Will be interesting to see what they get for him. I would like him here for sure. 

13 minutes ago, Mr.53 said:

Baertschi and hutton for Domi. Picks balance it out. That's super fair, and helps both teams.

I say in the offseason, we draft the best Dman we can. (Of course, best player available. But if two guys are even, go with the Dman) And then go make a big splash in free agency with a guy like Evander Kane. When that guy gets going, he can be a force. And he won't command super high money either.

Kane - Petterson - Boeser

Domi - Horvat - Virtanen

That's the Canucks core and top 6 for years to come. That's a mean, athletic, speedy, team, with a bunch of dudes with a whole lot of heart. I want that core.

With a third line of Jonathan Dahlen, Adam Gaudette and Kole Lind? Where do I sign up?

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was literally yelling at the TV, “we just picked the wrong guy from London.”  Mrs. Alf put her hand on my shoulder and said, “wrong, you old furry idiot; Horvat is the right pick”.  Okay, she didn’t call me furry.  :lol:

I wanted Max at the draft, and I want him now.  Would a stalled Hutton be enough for a stalled Domi?

Your an honest fella to admit that. Thumbs up.

He was a 12th pick OA

he has had 1.5 good years

im all for acquiring him

hutton + Granlund is too much

goldy  really like and he is (slowly) trending up.

i think Hutton + Goldy is fair. 

Granlund + Goldy ? Seems a little over payment 

what would Arizona want? I don’t see anyone moving a top 12 pick in this years draft for him.

gaunce+ Hutton + 2018 3rd

54 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Goldobin + Granlund? 

This sounds reasonable and I’d love to see domi in a nucks uni. Green can get him back on track, he’s got offensive skill with a bit of snarl. Do it jb

edit* maybe Hutton instead of granny?

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was literally yelling at the TV, “we just picked the wrong guy from London.”  Mrs. Alf put her hand on my shoulder and said, “wrong, you old furry idiot; Horvat is the right pick”.  Okay, she didn’t call me furry.  :lol:

I wanted Max at the draft, and I want him now.  Would a stalled Hutton be enough for a stalled Domi?

I remembered I wanted Kyle Beach over over Cody Hodson. Meyers would of been better than both! What do we know!

Goldobin- young prospect who will get immediate minutes has top 6 upside

Hutton- younger D who will be around and given a chance, they could be trading OEL and hjalmarsson in the next year

Granlund- depth bottom 6 reliable player

for

Domi- Skilled top 6 winger, would be great move if we could get him

Schenn- bottom pair rhd, pending ufa could be a cheap re sign option especially if we move Guddy

Just looked at Domi’s Stat line - 3 goals and only 22 points in 52 games ...YIKES!

That’s a stalled prospect for sure.  Maybe he’s kind of where Vey, Granlund, and Baer were when we got them?  

I think Hutton (who is a stalled dman) would be fair.  

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Goldobin- young prospect who will get immediate minutes has top 6 upside

Hutton- younger D who will be around and given a chance, they could be trading OEL and hjalmarsson in the next year

Granlund- depth bottom 6 reliable player

for

Domi- Skilled top 6 winger, would be great move if we could get him

Schenn- bottom pair rhd, pending ufa could be a cheap re sign option especially if we move Guddy

Either Hutto for Domi

or

Hutton + Goldy/Granny for Domi + Schenn 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Just looked at Domi’s Stat line - 3 goals and only 22 points in 52 games ...YIKES!

That’s a stalled prospect for sure.  Maybe he’s kind of where Vey, Granlund, and Baer were when we got them?  

I think Hutton (who is a stalled dman) would be fair.  

I think he still holds decent value, before his injury last year he was producing well. Hutton being a healthy scratch quite a bit recently doesnt help his trade value. So 1-1 is a no go I would have to think, but this is Chayka! If Benning can pull of a solid trade for Domi it could help get him a new contract with us. Domi would be a fan favourite here and would put more butts in the seat

Just now, Alflives said:

Either Hutto for Domi

or

Hutton + Goldy/Granny for Domi + Schenn 

Ppl undervaluing Granlund a bit, what do I know tho. I think Granny is a better two way player and can play any position on any line. Prefer to keep him. Goldy is not damaged goods so I think it is reasonable to think Arizona could want him. They need leadership, send them Sam Gagner 

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

I think he still holds decent value, before his injury last year he was producing well. Hutton being a healthy scratch quite a bit recently doesnt help his trade value. So 1-1 is a no go I would have to think, but this is Chayka! If Benning can pull of a solid trade for Domi it could help get him a new contract with us. Domi would be a fan favourite here and would put more butts in the seat

Is Domi tough enough to become a Rypien or Dorset?  We lost a lot when Dorset retired.

Archived