The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

Is JB in on this?  I'd wager he's been in long before it ever became news, and if there's a deal to be made he'll make it.  Probably just comes down to what AZ wants back -- we certainly won't be giving up any high picks, but we can give them the advanced stats for our roster and Utica and let them pore over it.  They aren't at all going to just give him away so we can't just package up our refuse, but we aren't going to give up the likes of Juolevi or Pettersson either.

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If we were to trade Baertschi, what would you want back? Is a 2nd and b prospect enough to make you happy? Unless Domi demanded a trade, I see no point on giving up on him so early unless there is a good return. Yes he's having a lesser season that he has, but he has shown that he could be quite good and is still very young. Personally I think he's on the market because he will demand more than what Arizona wants to pay considering he will want a lot to stay with such a bad team, but they will only do so if it makes sense for them and a 2nd plus B prospect will set them back another couple of years which they cannot afford.

It's funny seeing several proposals with the updated version of Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd, thinking that could get us anyone on the market.

You’ll note I said I bet he gets less than any of us think.  You’ll also note I didn’t make an offer from our team as I think the team that lands him (if he’s traded may not be the Canucks). 

I think he’s worth a good amount bit it seems as though some of these younger guys who ‘lose their way’ early on don’t garner the returns you’d expect... the player you mentioned (Our very own Baertschi) is a great example of that.  

In in my opinion it would make more sense for Arizona to keep him but if they decide to move him he may not garner what he should be worth.... but I could certainly be wrong on that. 

3 goals in 50 odd games is harsh but that entire team sucks right now, I wouldn't put stock into his slipping numbers. His value is at an all time low right now, perfect time to trade for him. Still 22, he'd fit out future core quite nicely but he'd still cost a fair bit.

Hutton + Goldobin + 2nd for Domi + 3rd

I still think Arizona is going to want Gaudette from us, at which point it's a hard pass.

I only think that because Arizona has apparently been playing Domi at center, despite him being better as a winger. Assuming they're not braindead enough to think we're giving up Pettersson, Gaudette would probably be the player they target from us. 

Obviously Gaudette is off the table as far as we're concerned. I'd offer something along the lines of Granlund (still fairly young and can fill the center void), Goldobin (still a pretty high end prospect), and maybe swap our 2nd for their 3rd.

30 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I still think Arizona is going to want Gaudette from us, at which point it's a hard pass.

I only think that because Arizona has apparently been playing Domi at center, despite him being better as a winger. Assuming they're not braindead enough to think we're giving up Pettersson, Gaudette would probably be the player they target from us. 

Obviously Gaudette is off the table as far as we're concerned. I'd offer something along the lines of Granlund (still fairly young and can fill the center void), Goldobin (still a pretty high end prospect), and maybe swap our 2nd for their 3rd.

Yes on the no trade Gaudette. 

3 hours ago, Great Granny said:

I'd trade Jake for Domi straight up. I'm now convinced Jake has no hockey IQ. Domi has at least shown real potential, and can KO Kesler.

So... you bad mouth Jake... and you expect Arizona to take Jake after what you just said?

I don't see what we have to offer, to make them interest.  They are loaded with prospects and young NHL players, outside of our top players and prospects nothing we have to offer is a real upgrade worthy of them moving Domi. 

We offer Goldi, they say no thanks we already have Merkley

We offer Jake, they say, no thanks we already have Perlini

We offer Baertschi/Granlund, they say no thanks, Dvorak/Fischer/Panik/Reider

We offer Hutton, they already have Chychrun, OEL and Goligoski on the left side.

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

So... you bad mouth Jake... and you expect Arizona to take Jake after what you just said?

They both have diminished trade value right now. I see it as a project for another project. Jake would do better outside the spotlight and Domi would do better under it. Just my opinion.

Just now, Great Granny said:

They both have diminished trade value right now. I see it as a project for another project. Jake would do better outside the spotlight and Domi would do better under it. Just my opinion.

Ive been a JV supporter for a long time, and I still am, but I'd do that trade straight up. 

Just now, Jester13 said:

Ive been a JV supporter for a long time, and I still am, but I'd do that trade straight up. 

Ya that’s a pretty interesting trade.  I’d hesitate to give up Jake for Max, but would really think hard on it.  Considering their current play, and Domi getting better opportunities, I might just keep Jake.  

Archived