The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dalhousie racially based hiring

Duds

On 2/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, Whaleroad Train said:

To all those feeling indignation over this issue, remember that how you feel about it being unfair, is how minority groups have felt for the last one hundred years. 

So do we not learn from the past or do we let things slide to even it up? 

On 2018-02-14 at 3:38 PM, Jägermeister said:

This isn't even necessarily true anymore.  Take lifeguarding for example.

I was taking a training recertification course the other day, and had to be an unconscious and non-breathing victim in the water during a simulated emergency.  The guards during this sim were 4 girls of particularly small stature.  I weigh about 190lbs, so I'm by no means a large human.  Normally a removal should take a maximum of 2 people to get someone fully out of the water and onto the pool deck so that CPR can be started.  Of course, this means that it should be done in an extremely short time frame.  It took all 4 of these girls to get me (well my upper half at least) out of the water and it took them close to 3 minutes due to the numerous challenges they had with the normal procedure.  All of these girls still passed the course.

Next time you or anyone else goes to a public pool look at the lifeguards there and question whether they would be adequately able to pull you out of the water should it be necessary.  I have been a guard for nearly 7 years, and I have seen far too many people who I know do not have the physical strength to do their job.

Imo this is one reason why more

people are shot by police.

On 2018-02-14 at 3:32 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Publicly funded institutions need to diverse in ethnic representation.

I want a diverse country with opportunties for all ethnic backgrounds.

We have seen in Europe happens when immigrants are not given opportunities for working....

I am not suggesting that only minorities to be hired... but clearly  having ethnic representation and diversity makes all organizations stronger.

Surrey without any ethnicity on its police department would simply not be acceptable as an example. 

Most work opportunities are not given....most things are not given period.  There is work out there but many people won't do what it takes because the work is not good enough.

immigrants have had to scrap for opportunity since time eternal.  It's the way it is.  I say this because we are all immigrants and no doubt one or some of our ancestors made the most out of a less than desirable job or opportunity.

Immigrant or not as a country we all need to treat the First Nations better. 

From them, we learned to treat our environment better. And we can learn much more like respect for elders or being victims of people with guns. 

For decades we've been calling them uncivilized. But in our modern world, reflecting on the past, it's the pilgrims who look primitive and the natives look like they're partying at Coachella.  

unnamed1-e1448276025774.jpg

29 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

From them, we learned to treat our environment better. And we can learn much more like respect for elders or being victims of people with guns. 

For decades we've been calling them uncivilized. But in our modern world, reflecting on the past, it's the pilgrims who look primitive and the natives look like they're partying at Coachella.  

Errr, I don't I want to learn to be a victim of people with guns... but you go right ahead dude

21 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

unnamed1-e1448276025774.jpg

011FA515-68F3-458A-9B62-46D9D5418466.jpeg.e6f8388015e55692ce2b3a5a62625ad7.jpeg

Lots of healing left for the aboriginal people to do. 

Our cultures were never going to mesh. 

How we all move forward now is anyone’s guess. 

The Liberals pay high-profile, lip service to the issues and open the wallet, but that’s about it. 

25 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

011FA515-68F3-458A-9B62-46D9D5418466.jpeg.e6f8388015e55692ce2b3a5a62625ad7.jpeg

Lots of healing left for the aboriginal people to do. 

Our cultures were never going to mesh. 

How we all move forward now is anyone’s guess. 

The Liberals pay high-profile, lip service to the issues and open the wallet, but that’s about it. 

Disagree. Cultures can mesh provided that the people don't let their ignorance get in the way. Unfortunately most of our ancestors were terrible human beings and the lasting harm they have done to aboriginal communities is something that our government is now responsible for. See residential schools.

27 minutes ago, Toews said:

Disagree. Cultures can mesh provided that the people don't let their ignorance get in the way. 

I’m not going to tackle the terrible human beings part. 

But, care to show me these other culture crashes that get along?

Start with Israel. Maybe Japan and China. Maybe Tootsies?

Just make sure it’s not something easily refuted. 

Molyneux goes over some of what your points attempt to cover. Eventually, it’s a pretty good rant. Worth a listen. Especially for a guy who dumps on white ancestry as you do. Maybe some of this context will help to lift your gaze a bit. Maybe not. 

35 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m not going to tackle the terrible human beings part. 

But, care to show me these other culture crashes that get along?

Start with Israel. Maybe Japan and China. Maybe Tootsies?

Just make sure it’s not something easily refuted. 

Molyneux goes over some of what your points attempt to cover. Eventually, it’s a pretty good rant. Worth a listen. Especially for a guy who dumps on white ancestry as you do. Maybe some of this context will help to lift your gaze a bit. Maybe not. 

How about the "cultural crash" that is Canada? Going off of personal experience I have yet to see issues when people of different cultural backgrounds come together in this country. 

35 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Apologies, but I do not care to hear what a "Youtuber" has to say on the subject.

19 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Still so much work to be done in Canada....

Broken system: Why is a quarter of Canada's prison population Indigenous?

http://theprovince.com/pmn/news-pmn/broken-system-why-is-a-quarter-of-canadas-prison-population-indigenous/wcm/5daf7c50-429b-438f-9042-aecedd3bf8ca

Is it because they commit more crime?

1 hour ago, Two one one said:

Is it because they commit more crime?

Or do the commit the same amount of crime, but get investigated by the police more?

Or do they commit the same amount of crime, but police recommend charges more often?

Or do they commit the same amount of crime, but get charged more by Crown Counsel?

Or do they commit the same amount of crime, but get convicted more?

Many, many questions. 

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Or do the commit the same amount of crime, but get investigated by the police more?

Or do they commit the same amount of crime, but police recommend charges more often?

Or do they commit the same amount of crime, but get charged more by Crown Counsel?

Or do they commit the same amount of crime, but get convicted more?

Many, many questions. 

Of do they commit more crime because they are housed often on crappy reserves that have little employment... little positive working role models...

Too often unhealthy choices  around them......     lower rates of school education.....    and racist communities nearby that often limit their employment opportunities....

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Of do they commit more crime because they are housed often on crappy reserves that have little employment... little positive working role models...

Too often unhealthy choices  around them......     lower rates of school education.....    and racist communities nearby that often limit their employment opportunities....

Would you suggest we 'throw' more money at the problem ?  I don't have any evidence but aren't band leaders notorious for wasting federal funds given to them ?  aboriginals get free post-secondary education to boot

'2017 Budget documents tabled Wednesday by Finance Minister Bill Morneau bring the federal government’s total investment in First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities to $11.8 billion over six years — an unprecedented investment for one of Canada’s youngest, and fast-growing populations. '

On 2/14/2018 at 4:38 PM, Jägermeister said:

This isn't even necessarily true anymore.  Take lifeguarding for example.

I was taking a training recertification course the other day, and had to be an unconscious and non-breathing victim in the water during a simulated emergency.  The guards during this sim were 4 girls of particularly small stature.  I weigh about 190lbs, so I'm by no means a large human.  Normally a removal should take a maximum of 2 people to get someone fully out of the water and onto the pool deck so that CPR can be started.  Of course, this means that it should be done in an extremely short time frame.  It took all 4 of these girls to get me (well my upper half at least) out of the water and it took them close to 3 minutes due to the numerous challenges they had with the normal procedure.  All of these girls still passed the course.

Next time you or anyone else goes to a public pool look at the lifeguards there and question whether they would be adequately able to pull you out of the water should it be necessary.  I have been a guard for nearly 7 years, and I have seen far too many people who I know do not have the physical strength to do their job.

Society is a pathetic joke, where obese children pass phys ed with an A. Where fully retarded people have extremely important jobs holding peoples lives in the balance.  Countries have leaders with little to no concept of the workings of their nation.

Society has lost its grip on reality.  Your example is the perfect platform to expose the utter hypocrisy of modern culture.  The worst word in modern day society is marginalized.  SJW are unraveling the basic threads of humanity.   Blind acceptance is destroying reason.

If you cannot perform than you must be replaced with someone who can. This is not racism, discrimination or bigotry in any way shape or form.

7 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Society is a pathetic joke, where obese children pass phys ed with an A. Where fully retarded people have extremely important jobs holding peoples lives in the balance.  Countries have leaders with little to no concept of the workings of their nation.

Society has lost its grip on reality.  Your example is the perfect platform to expose the utter hypocrisy of modern culture.  The worst word in modern day society is marginalized.  SJW are unraveling the basic threads of humanity.   Blind acceptance is destroying reason.

If you cannot perform than you must be replaced with someone who can. This is not racism, discrimination or bigotry in any way shape or form.

That's pretty brutal language.  I can't really take someone seriously when they say they don't discriminate and call people fully retarded.  Really takes away from your point.

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That's pretty brutal language.  I can't really take someone seriously when they say they don't discriminate and call people fully retarded.  Really takes away from your point.

lol are you serious ?  You think someone with mental disability should be in a position to make crucial life decisions. Go ahead hire the half blind bus driver with a history of heart disease to drive the local route.

Society is completely lost if it thinks equality is the path to progress.

4 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

lol are you serious ?  You think someone with mental disability should be in a position to make crucial life decisions. Go ahead hire the half blind bus driver with a history of heart disease to drive the local route.

Society is completely lost if it thinks equality is the path to progress.

My point is that your argument - which has its merits - is marred by your language.  This'll probably trigger you but I don't take people who use "fully retarded" in their arguments seriously. 

57 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

My point is that your argument - which has its merits - is marred by your language.  This'll probably trigger you but I don't take people who use "fully retarded" in their arguments seriously. 

:picard:

I guess society must walk on egg shells using proper terms and vocabulary.

Archived