The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Erik Gudbranson

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:
  1. Was told last week that Gudbranson was playing with a possible seperated shoulder, I didn't believe it. I do today. #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png

2 replies0 retweets5 likes

Retweet

#CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png announce that Erik Gudbranson was removed from the active roster today to undergo upcoming shoulder surgery.

That's unreal.

A separated shoulder - and he was bloody outstanding.  He was a force in those Coyotes and Kings games.

What a messed up run of seasons this team has had.

Oh well - at least it was in transition and enhances the draft position as a s.lining.

Best of luck to Gudbranson - hope he's back in preseason in the form he's been in lately.

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
13 hours ago, oldnews said:

That's unreal.

A separated shoulder - and he was bloody outstanding.  He was a force in those Coyotes and Kings games.

Oh well - at least it was in transition and enhances the draft position as a s.lining.

Best of luck to Gudbranson - hope he's back in preseason in the form he's been in lately.

The fact that Gudbranson played through that injury says a huge amount about his pain threshold. As well, choosing to ensure that he's 100% for next season is the right decision. Having a fully healthy and healed Gudbranson will be a really bad thing for other teams.

Good luck, Erik.

15 hours ago, oldnews said:

That's unreal.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The fact that Gudbranson played through that injury says a huge amount about his pain threshold. As well, choosing to ensure that he's 100% for next season is the right decision. Having a fully healthy and healed Gudbranson will be a really bad thing for other teams.

Good luck, Erik.

Lousy info gents. Wonder if they can turn this to an advantage at yr's start? Say by holding back EG the first 3, 4 wks, it might give an extra D(or two) some audition time to fight it out? Find LTIR a little uncertain, as the initial 23 players are named(likely won't be at the cap, either). Any insights on this?

Can see us signing some depth FA D-men again, this summer...

58 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Lousy info gents. Wonder if they can turn this to an advantage at yr's start? Say by holding back EG the first 3, 4 wks, it might give an extra D(or two) some audition time to fight it out? Find LTIR a little uncertain, as the initial 23 players are named(likely won't be at the cap, either). Any insights on this?

Can see us signing some depth FA D-men again, this summer...

I'd say give Juolevi, McEneny, Chatfield or Brisebois a shot. Or being hopeful, Dahlin.

23 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'd say give Juolevi, McEneny, Chatfield or Brisebois a shot. Or being hopeful, Dahlin.

I'm for giving any player who's offence contributes enough to cover for their defensive deficiencies a spot.

14 minutes ago, rekker said:

Especially D. We so lack offence from the D. 

So true.  We need D who can contribute offence at a rate that covers for their defensive mistakes.  All players make mistakes, so having ones who contribute more offence than their mistakes cause goals against, should make for a winning team - providing the goal-tending is decent, right?

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So true.  We need D who can contribute offence at a rate that covers for their defensive mistakes.  All players make mistakes, so having ones who contribute more offence than their mistakes cause goals against, should make for a winning team - providing the goal-tending is decent, right?

For sure. It's a fine line. But oh man would I like to see Jovocop I'm his prime back here. Lol.

Archived