The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Acording to Bob McKenzie ( Picks 5 through 8)

J.I.A.H.N

Who do the canucks pick at 7th OA...................(this is not who we want, but who will we pick, with who is available at #7)  

427 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I want to wait until the draft combine to figure out where Boqvist should be ranked. Is he 5'11, 5'10, or 5'9. Is he 175, 165, or 155lbs? If he is 5'11 and 175, you take him and run. 

Well Makar was 5'11 he went #4.. If Boqvist is 5'10 that would not scare a scout??

The kid is 17 he will be bigger...I like Bpuchard but he will be gone by #7 pick...

Like Dobson at 7th..

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

What are you basing this off of? Cause from what I am reading of scouting reports he has very good hockey sense. None of them mention "lack of compete level" either.

Boquist, I’m talking about how Boquist is a significantly better player than Liljegren.  Boquist would be an excellent pick for us.  No worries he will bust like Liljegren.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Boquist, I’m talking about how Boquist is a significantly better player than Liljegren.  Boquist would be an excellent pick for us.  No worries he will bust like Liljegren.

So because Boqvist is a significantly better player Liljegren is a bust? How does one correlate to the other? They are roughly the same guy, except one had mono his draft year.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

So because Boqvist is a significantly better player Liljegren is a bust? How does one correlate to the other? They are roughly the same guy, except one had mono his draft year.

Okay, you don’t want Boquist.  That’s fine.  I think he has elite offensive upside, and he’s worth the risk.  

Just now, N7Nucks said:

When did I say I don't want Boqvist? Are you okay Alf? You are scaring me pal.

It must be past my bedtime.  I’m totally confused. :unsure:

I hope we get Boquist.  You hope we get Boquist.

i think he’s the next best player, for upside, to Dahlin.  

Just now, Wise Owl said:

Thanks. Janice started with scouts then said GMs. Not sure myself.

He usually has around 10 but has used more than 20 scouts.  As many as it takes to get a definitive order.  I gather that he means for the top 5 because this year he said that there is little to separate picks 6-8 based on how the scouts he used ranks them.   

I get this from hearing McKenzie in various interviews.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I want to wait until the draft combine to figure out where Boqvist should be ranked. Is he 5'11, 5'10, or 5'9. Is he 175, 165, or 155lbs? If he is 5'11 and 175, you take him and run. 

Last i heard at the under 18"s  he was 5"11 173 up from under 5"9 150 in September.

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It must be past my bedtime.  I’m totally confused. :unsure:

I hope we get Boquist.  You hope we get Boquist.

i think he’s the next best player, for upside, to Dahlin.  

I do hope we get Boqvist. I am quite worried we might not get him at our spot though. Hopefully Button's projection has him dropping to us.

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

oh and according to Bob the leafs win the cup every year, so who cares what Bob says or thinks as he rarely has anything new to add to hockey and tells people what is there for all to see

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never heard Bob McKenzie say that. Stan Fliechman on the other hand, had the Rangers winners every year!

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I know Bobby Mac works for the Leaf’s propaganda machine, but usually his scout based draft list is pretty accurate.  

Actually he doesn't. He explained it pretty well on one of his episodes in his Bobcast recently where the only reason why we see more Leaf content is because of the viewership/clicks. Each Canadian city has very good coverage of their respective teams, and he sings praises about the team here in Vancouver, but it's only because of the amount of clicks and views that the Leafs generate throughout the country, is mostly the reason why we see Leaf content all the time.

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Not sure what your deal is but Bob is one of the most reliable hockey analysts out there. I'm going to say your comment should be completely ignored as nonsense.

Bob says the obvious and is usually a step behind anything interesting said. He adds to the conversation, but really, what does he tell you that you don’t already know? This was that poster’s point. 

Unless it’s updates, he rarely is anything but a parrot, though for WJHCs, he’s a Demi God. 

When was the last time he went out on a limb or talked off the cuff? 

Like never.

I like him as much as the next guy, but...

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Well Makar was 5'11 he went #4.. If Boqvist is 5'10 that would not scare a scout??

The kid is 17 he will be bigger...I like Bpuchard but he will be gone by #7 pick...

Like Dobson at 7th..

Button has Hughes at 5 and Bovqist at 10 Dobson at 6. Nobody 5-10 is a lock for a certain spot. going to be one of the more interesting drafts

Archived