The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BORING

TheGuardian_

14 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i got my grandson do it. i got the picture from the stan smyl pictures. a great line in our history. how are you doing good buddy?

kids hey  ,they got it down,   I'm lookin for a diduck  pic cant find one small enough , been waiting 2 years to see this doctor about an old hockey injury, 78ish   (torn cartilage) my nephew  had his damaged knee repaired  with a whole different procedure ,so maybe he can do his magic on my knee?

The Western Conference Final is on, and Guardian's got a new thread..... "Boring".

8 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Maybe that is an idea, bump some threads from 3 or 4 years ago, I know some posters would hate to be shown how wrong they were but it could add entertainment to the forum. Just remember even if they were wrong, it is a learning process, interpreting a team's management and anything posted are just opinions.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:57 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

The team is going to be more handicapped than Vegas due to dumb contracts, poor signings, non trades and wasting of assets.

bumping a Sbisa thread or two could be fun as well....
Image result for homer in and out gif

38 minutes ago, chon derry said:

kids hey  ,they got it down,   I'm lookin for a diduck  pic cant find one small enough , been waiting 2 years to see this doctor about an old hockey injury, 78ish   (torn cartilage) my nephew  had his damaged knee repaired  with a whole different procedure ,so maybe he can do his magic on my knee?

i hope it happens for you. my eyes are still very light sensitive. have wear shades outside. i get my next check up on thursday. can't you reduce and crop pictures? that is what my grandson did. cheers lad.

2 hours ago, spur1 said:

Rangers

and the canucks  before the rangers called him up. him and larry popein. they both lived in my neighbourhood. they let us kids shag balls for their batting practises. cool guys.  bathgate is gone now. 

8 hours ago, tas said:

is this your first offseason posting here, or ... ?

No kidding, eh?

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So the Canucks are done for the season.  Potentially going to be a Jets/Caps SCF

Canucks top prospect is out of the worlds.

Maybe just MAYBE...you should go outside and enjoy the weather instead of worrying about this forum

Bingo. I got out in a kayak yesterday and didn't look at the internet almost all day. It was glorious.

But hey, it's another typical Guardian thread, so that's cool too right?

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

No kidding, eh?

Bingo. I got out in a kayak yesterday and didn't look at the internet almost all day. It was glorious.

But hey, it's another typical Guardian thread, so that's cool too right?

It is not cool, elvis.

Enjoying the Vegas run. Tartar scored. Didn't they trade a 1st for him?Was it worth it? He's been a healthy scratch for the playoffs.

Washington is playing mean and nasty. Can they do that in the finals (is Stamkos going to show up?)

Watch any Worlds? Looking for sleeper picks there from Finland and Russia.

17 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

No kidding, it all phones now, no baseball, volleyball, bowling.....every physical exertion is being done away with in favour of "thumb fights".

I know "Participation" used to be the word of the day, how much "Paricipaction" they should have stressed, I am sure there are many knee replacements due to that but we did get 40 year olds healthier than 60 year old Swedes.

I wonder if governments want the population to get "fatter", lower the average age, maybe we are out living benefits or something, I still got 30+ years to go to catch up to most members of my family, both sides, but then that is a genetic thing, lucky or unlucky depends how you take it.

Went camping with some millennials people they lasted two days without their phones, they had all the signs of withdrawal, they got irritable, antsy and no idea of what to do, card games hardly satisfied, playing a guitar was....well they were insulting because it wasn't some electronic distortion and they had no idea of what "the  old gray mare" was, just no interest except they did talk a lot about signal strength and if they walked about a whole mile they could get on line, so they sat on a log for most of he day one mile from the campsite. I was never so glad for two days to end, they didn't even know how to keep a fire going. If there is ever a pulse that knocks out electronics.  

The thumbwrestling is for speed, strength, and dexterity training for typing on their devices, and for video games.  

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

There is one indoor activity I don't think I could ever find boring.  :towel:

18 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i'm sure your talking about painting the walls and washing windows. 

17 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

It can work outdoors too!

17 hours ago, FilthyRich said:

Indoor gardening

Alf is obviously talking about playing sax!  Though I doubt that he has the physical attributes to do it well. His fingers are too chubby!  :)

19 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

No kidding, it all phones now, no baseball, volleyball, bowling.....every physical exertion is being done away with in favour of "thumb fights".

I know "Participation" used to be the word of the day, how much "Paricipaction" they should have stressed, I am sure there are many knee replacements due to that but we did get 40 year olds healthier than 60 year old Swedes.

I wonder if governments want the population to get "fatter", lower the average age, maybe we are out living benefits or something, I still got 30+ years to go to catch up to most members of my family, both sides, but then that is a genetic thing, lucky or unlucky depends how you take it.

Went camping with some millennials people they lasted two days without their phones, they had all the signs of withdrawal, they got irritable, antsy and no idea of what to do, card games hardly satisfied, playing a guitar was....well they were insulting because it wasn't some electronic distortion and they had no idea of what "the  old gray mare" was, just no interest except they did talk a lot about signal strength and if they walked about a whole mile they could get on line, so they sat on a log for most of he day one mile from the campsite. I was never so glad for two days to end, they didn't even know how to keep a fire going. If there is ever a pulse that knocks out electronics.  

You know what else is boring, hearing baby boomers moan about millennials.

Stay in your lane you fossil.

21 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Maybe that is an idea, bump some threads from 3 or 4 years ago, I know some posters would hate to be shown how wrong they were but it could add entertainment to the forum. Just remember even if they were wrong, it is a learning process, interpreting a team's management and anything posted are just opinions.

Please don't do this. 

What?

Did the league shut down all the teams during the playoffs?

Did the teams just decide to take two months off and give most of the management group a holiday?

Nothing to post about except rehashing old news or thoughts and there are already a myriad of those threads that could be bumped.

Just about only fantasy stuff.

Watching the final four teams, they all have size, truculence and many traded players to complement draft picks. I am cheering on the Peg, but it do hope Washington gets to the show as well. Both teams are fairly large and hit more than a bit. I didn't think Big Butt could be that dominant, not every game but when he is, really size matters. Maybe the Nucks should look into Reeves next year as a player and something like a deterrent but use him mostly as a player.

Do you think Linden/Benning have already worked out deals but are sitting on them until playoffs are done?

Most likely it will be a flurry of activity for a week around the draft and then silence again. Canucks draft blah, blah, blah and then summer break.

I am hoping there is something to engage the fans during the summer, some trade, speculation of a pick/prospect a big deal that helps shape the team the next 2+ years.

i take it, that when you say other poster will see they were wrong, your meaning you too?

At this time of year, a Canadian team fan and get me bag, even TO if they were there.

Then why be 'bored' when there is the Jets bandwagon to jump on?

When you think about it, your post about millenials is kinda ironic.  

You're pretty much stating your desperation for connection, your boredom during ths 'slow season'.....

And yet there's a Canadian team in the WCF - one that plays a pretty damn interesting brand of hockey.  There also happen to be some Canucks still in action - if the end of NHLers in the Olympics has an upside, perhaps it's the better quality of competition at - more high end NHLers going to - the Worlds.

Archived