The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Elias Pettersson

Great news! All I ask is that folks remember, or go back and read about when the Sedins first played in the NHL. It was a rough start and some "fans" were just brutal toward them.  Please be supportive and patient :).

1 minute ago, WiseOne said:

Great news! All I ask is the folks remember, or go back and read about when the Sedins first played in the NHL. It was a rough start and some "fans" were just brutal toward the Sedins.  Please be supportive and patient :).

2-Uncontrollable-Laughter-Gif.gif

5 minutes ago, Jaku said:

There are no words to describe how excited I am for Elias' future. Him and Brock together this year are going to be scary good! 

If we draft Wahlstrom this year imagine this powerplay in a couple years

Wahlstrom - Horvat - Pettersson

Boeser - Juolevi

Just now, peaches5 said:

This kid is a toothpick. He needs 3-4 years to get an NHL body.

Strength is strength. He's 172 right now, should be able to add 5-10 lbs of muscle by training camp which would put him at Sedin level playing weight. I'm not worried in the slightest about his ability to play in the NHL.

He's bigger than Gaudreau and just as slippery, and taller and almost the same weight as Patrick Kane. He'll be just fine.

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

Strength is strength. He's 172 right now, should be able to add 5-10 lbs of muscle by training camp which would put him at Sedin level playing weight. I'm not worried in the slightest about his ability to play in the NHL.

He's bigger than Gaudreau and just as slippery, and taller and almost the same weight as Patrick Kane. He'll be just fine.

Exactly, VanGnome. Adding too much weight will have an adverse effect on Petterson's game.

Just now, VanGnome said:

There is no way he is 172 from that picture. He absolutely no muscle mass. I would bet he is close 160. To build that muscle on his body from where he is without using steroids it's going to take a long time. He's basically started from ground 0 and to play hockey at the same time... it's years away.

Archived