The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Even though there is a long tradition of letting blue chip prospects go in Vancouver, this management team is leaps and bounds higher than what has existed so far, especially in drafting, which is where value is created.

I don’t disagree with the drafting by this regime I just disagree with how they over pay for some players with draft picks specifically. I thought Vancouver would try to trade from their mid range prospects instead of a 2nd and a 4th round pick in a very deep draft. 

8 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I don’t disagree with the drafting by this regime I just disagree with how they over pay for some players with draft picks specifically. I thought Vancouver would try to trade from their mid range prospects instead of a 2nd and a 4th round pick in a very deep draft. 

Madden IS. a mid range prospect. And as stated many times in this thread, Madden may not have have wanted to re-sign and he sure wasn’t going to crack the lineup in the middle any time soon.

Edited by Me_

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Madden IS. a mid range prospect.

No he is not, he is right after Podkolzn, Dipietro, Hoglander (not in ranked order) in term of top end potential, just look at the prospect ranking for 1st line NHL talent and has been carrying his college team to be nominated for the Hobbey Baker. 
https://dobberprospects.com/player/tyler-madden/

https://thecanuckway.com/2020/02/03/canucks-prospects-of-week-20-dipietro-silovs-and-madden/

• Cheers 1

On 2/18/2020 at 4:44 AM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

No he is not, he is right after Podkolzn, Dipietro, Hoglander (not in ranked order) in term of top end potential, just look at the prospect ranking for 1st line NHL talent and has been carrying his college team to be nominated for the Hobbey Baker. 
https://dobberprospects.com/player/tyler-madden/

https://thecanuckway.com/2020/02/03/canucks-prospects-of-week-20-dipietro-silovs-and-madden/

Look. The Canucks had to give in order to get and they’re quite the team this year. 

I suspect that if an elite team can have an off year, a recently rebuilt team can have a great year...

The Canucks added 47 playoff games and a 20-30 goal scorer in his prime with one of his best friend already on the team. I think the fans are going to enjoy watching Toffoli play.

As for the potential in Madden, even if the Canucks don’t pick in the 1st or 2nd round next year, Benning will still eventually compensate for the Madden loss with a great pick down the line. 

I’m not worried about the draft and the pipes. I’m worried about making the playoffs.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Look. The Canucks has to give in order to get and they’re quite the team this year. 

I suspect that if an elite team can have an off year, a recently rebuilt team can have a great year...

The Canucks added 47 playoff games and a 20-30 goal scorer in his prime with one of his best friend already on the team. I think the fans are going to enjoy watching Toffoli play.

As for the potential in Madden, even if the Canucks don’t pick in the 1st or 2nd round next year, Benning will still eventually compensate for the Madden loss with a great pick down the line. 

I’m not worried about the draft and the pipes. I’m worried about making the playoffs.

What I’m saying is they overpaid and this is what I thought it would take to get Kreider out of New York not Taffoli.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

What I’m saying is they overpaid and this is what I thought it would take to get Kreider out of New York not Taffoli.

If kreider goes for much more do you change your stance?

Also have to factor in that schaller had negative value.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/18/2020 at 5:27 PM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

This is not a game. If everyone can trade scraps for a good player, then everyone will be doing it.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2020 at 1:59 AM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Krieger will go for much more. 

True grade A prospect (better than Madden)

1st round pick

good roster player

conditional pick if re sign Kreider

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Krieger will go for much more. 

True grade A prospect (better than Madden)

1st round pick

good roster player

conditional pick if re sign Kreider

Yeah we know this now but it’s fair to say everyone under estimated the market value because I don’t think anyone thought the Lightning would give up Foote and a 1st 

2 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Ok buddy, but nobody is talking about scraps here it’s just everyone under estimated the market value for grade A rentals.

Or everyone is over valuing prospects such as Tyler Madden. I like Madden too but in the Toffoli trade thread, people seem to praise him as a future 30/40 goal scorer..=/

59 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Or everyone is over valuing prospects such as Tyler Madden. I like Madden too but in the Toffoli trade thread, people seem to praise him as a future 30/40 goal scorer..=/

But it’s not just fans that have him as a 30 goal scorer, it’s also the Sportsnet and TSN guys that have him rated in the top 50 prospects and definite 2nd line centre and a possible 1st line winger. A few scouting sites have him above Hoglander or Podkolzin for offensive upside. The Tampa deal for Blake Coleman really set the marketplace. 

23 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

But it’s not just fans that have him as a 30 goal scorer, it’s also the Sportsnet and TSN guys that have him rated in the top 50 prospects and definite 2nd line centre and a possible 1st line winger. A few scouting sites have him above Hoglander or Podkolzin for offensive upside. The Tampa deal for Blake Coleman really set the marketplace. 

I agree to the Tampa deal for screwing over everyone. My personal opinion, he is definitely top 10 but I don't see him better than Hogz or Pods. I am not a scout so I am just basing on me playing fantasy league and doing some research.haha

• Cheers 1

On 2/21/2020 at 12:58 AM, Law of Goalies said:

Just so you know, people thought Boeser was a horrible pick because it was shades of Schroeder. People say dumb things within the moment. Sometimes people are smart because they've watched them play.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:57 PM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

that is where you are wrong, I’m not saying that because we disagree on what will happen, but that you don’t grasp the past blunders on Canuck Management trading Blue chip prospects. Like you said you are allowed to think what you want. 

Who are you referring to as the blue chip prospects?

• 4 weeks later...