The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

18 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Yeah there’s some unrealistic proposals going on in here. I’d be happy swapping players as well as swapping the 10th for the 8th, and hopefully a mid round pick. 

Is there really a point in moving up 2 selections in the draft? Unless the Canucks are high on someone who unexpectedly drops and a deal can be made on the draft floor, I don't think it's worth moving up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Jim has mention he likes the USA players so I would say Zegras,Newhook,Krebs. I put Krebs third cause of his injury. 

I’d order them like that as well.

which is great really happy about who we are interested in I like these three player a lot.

was banging the Krebs drum all year lol.

Zegras I would be stoked to have and don’t think you can pass on him. But Newhook really has won me over as the season went along. I’d be very happy with Newhook at 10 even tho so many would say that’s a reach. 

Im surprised they aren’t interviewing Boldy he seems like a Benning / Brackett guy as well. 

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’d order them like that as well.

which is great really happy about who we are interested in I like these three player a lot.

was banging the Krebs drum all year lol.

Zegras I would be stoked to have and don’t think you can pass on him. But Newhook really has won me over as the season went along. I’d be very happy with Newhook at 10 even tho so many would say that’s a reach. 

Im surprised they aren’t interviewing Boldy he seems like a Benning / Brackett guy as well. 

Newhook scares me still cause I heard he didn't make jrs cause of lack of engagement..... I'm not sold on Boldy...There's a scouting report on him on YouTube calling him a pwf and I didn't see any real power moves ( my opinion isn't worth much though) 

Been watching EP40 vids on youtube past cpl hours tonight.  

Newhook could be our pick. EP40 Quinn Hughes both highly skilled. I think canucks go skill 3rd year in a row.   

Why mess with what works.  2 great draft picks later two years.  No need to change the strategy. 

I saw someone compare Newhook to Brayden Point, watched some highlights of both, and now I want us to pick him. Even trading down a couple spots.

Boldy is really good though. People need to understand his skillset is exactly what would fit with Petey. 

2 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I saw someone compare Newhook to Brayden Point, watched some highlights of both, and now I want us to pick him. Even trading down a couple spots.

Boldy is really good though. People need to understand his skillset is exactly what would fit with Petey. 

How is Boldy perfect? I get he has the hockey iq and hands and can shoot the puck but he doesn't really create space out there for other to work....sounds kinda like a soft top line...not butter soft but soft

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think JB likes Broberg.  These other guys are his second choices if Broberg is gone.  

got the impression that JB likes Broberg, no doubt about it. Pretty sure that Broberg will be off the board before # 10. That's something I am really looking forward to.

One GM wants to draft an all star defenseman in the top 10 (not Byram, because he goes top 5 most likely) and I am pretty sure that he is going after Broberg. Good luck with him.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

How is Boldy perfect? I get he has the hockey iq and hands and can shoot the puck but he doesn't really create space out there for other to work....sounds kinda like a soft top line...not butter soft but soft

Boldy is widely regarded as one of the best power forward in this draft class. He has the hockey IQ, the skill and passing to make terrific plays in the o-zone and to set up his teammates. That's exactly what the did at the U18: setting up Cole Caufield. 

No saying that he is perfect, but he is real good.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Boldy is widely regarded as one of the best power forward in this draft class. He has the hockey IQ, the skill and passing to make terrific plays in the o-zone and to set up his teammates. That's exactly what the did at the U18: setting up Cole Caufield. 

No saying that he is perfect, but he is real good.

I'm not taking away his skill at all and I agree but calling him a power forward is like calling Patrick Sharpe or Stone a power forward. Then again that term has changed over the years....

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm not taking away his skill at all and I agree but calling him a power forward is like calling Patrick Sharpe or Stone a power forward. Then again that term has changed over the years....

Matt Levine who did a 18 minute video about Boldy compared him to Mark Stone.

10 hours ago, nergish said:

I would be SUPER okay with Seider if we traded down and were able to still get another underrated next-tier skilled forward, like a Dorofeyev, Hoglander, or Puistola (I've been really high on this last guy of late!). 

Would love to snag Albin Grewe (hardnosed, excellent leadership qualities, underrated ability) or Nicholas Robertson (much of the same) in later rounds too.

His coach Robert Ohlsson, reported at Elite Prospects: “He is at the top of the food chain, a t-rex, eats everything and thinks everything is under him.” ::D

8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yea I watched it ha. Stone isn't a power forward though...two way player for sure but t.j Oshie is closer. 

...... takes a look at some prime candidates for the unofficial title of “Best Power Forward in the 2019 NHL Draft”.

Matthew Boldy

At 6-2, 192 pounds this left winger out of Millis, Massachusetts, is from an athletic family. His father Todd played football at the University of Maine. Teams look at the family tree and often like when other family members have an athletic background.

Many love his stickhandling ability and even though he will be a power forward he has the finesse in his game to make fantastic passes. His skating is excellent and he’s hard to handle around the net. In the early going of the U18s, he’s been lighting up the scoreboard along with his Team USA teammates. In his first two games, he already had seven points. During the season with the NTDP, he had 76 points in 59 games with 31 goals. He was a point-per-game against NCAA opponents. He fits the bill.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

...... takes a look at some prime candidates for the unofficial title of “Best Power Forward in the 2019 NHL Draft”.

Matthew Boldy

At 6-2, 192 pounds this left winger out of Millis, Massachusetts, is from an athletic family. His father Todd played football at the University of Maine. Teams look at the family tree and often like when other family members have an athletic background.

Many love his stickhandling ability and even though he will be a power forward he has the finesse in his game to make fantastic passes. His skating is excellent and he’s hard to handle around the net. In the early going of the U18s, he’s been lighting up the scoreboard along with his Team USA teammates. In his first two games, he already had seven points. During the season with the NTDP, he had 76 points in 59 games with 31 goals. He was a point-per-game against NCAA opponents. He fits the bill.

I guess my definition of a power forward are by the mold of iggy,bertuzzi and so on. Guys that play with a nasty side. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Grammar

1 hour ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Is there really a point in moving up 2 selections in the draft? Unless the Canucks are high on someone who unexpectedly drops and a deal can be made on the draft floor, I don't think it's worth moving up. 

If say Dach or Cozens have dropped to 8th, which is a real possibility, I’d say there absolutely is a point to moving up because there’s very little chance those guys get past Anaheim. However if we try to make that trade on the draft floor I don’t think Edmonton would be inclined to do so with the opportunity of picking up a skilled power forward who can skate extremely well. If we want to swap picks with them, then best chance we have of doing so would be before the draft. 

And even if the Canucks have limited interest in those players, they undoubtedly have a list of probably five guys that they would like at the ten spot, but just because there’s five guys on that list doesn’t mean they view them all equally of course. They will have their preferences on that list and moving up two spots will likely ensure that they land the guy the covet most. 

The guy that went two spots lower than Hughes last year was Kravtsov. 

The guy that went two spots lower than Pettersson was Anderson. 

Two spots can make a huge difference. 

Edited by YearoftheNuck

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

image.thumb.png.ec245223a4fe3dec787aa8372ccdff17.png

BCHL runs under North America, right?

If we select Newhook there's a 35% chance that we get a top point scorer.

It doesn't exactly work like that. Lol. These numbers mean next to nothing cause this year's kids are not last year's kids or the year before that etc. Your chances of NHL success or lack thereof doesn't come from past draftees success or lack thereof.

• Upvote 3

I want the Oilers 8th overall pick.

LE and Markstrom to Oilers and we retain half of LE cap.  For Koskinen , Lucic and their first .

Maybe a good goalie coach can revive Koskinen. Demko should be our long term guy and we risk losing a goalie in the expansion draft anyway. 

I know it will never happen. 

• Upvote 2