The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tulsi Gabbard DESERVES A Thread!

Nuxfanabroad

Tulsi Gabbard Tells Hillary Clinton to 'Step Down From Your Throne' in Twitter Video

Jeffery Martin
13 hrs ago

Democratic Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, in a tweet directed toward former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, said it was time for Clinton to "acknowledge the damage you have caused and step down from your throne."

Gabbard claims Clinton's foreign policy was "a disaster for our country and the world," citing the strengthening of Al Qaeda, nuclear proliferation in the Middle East and refugee crises as direct results of Clinton's influence. Gabbard also says Clinton wants to "continue your failed policies directly or indirectly through the Democratic nominee."

This latest salvo in the war of words between Gabbard and Clinton comes after a podcast interview in which Clinton said someone currently running was in league with the Russians, according to The Guardian.

"I'm not making any predictions but I think they've got their eye on somebody who's currently in the Democratic primary, and they're grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, without explicitly naming Gabbard. "She's a favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."

Those comments caused Gabbard to refer to Clinton as "queen of the warmongers" and the "personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party."

After running the story, The New York Times later issued a correction saying that Clinton never said it was Russians that were grooming Gabbard. It was Republicans.

While Gabbard has challenged Clinton to join the presidential race, reports say Clinton may be considering doing that very thing. According to The Hill, Clinton has stated privately that she would consider running for president in 2020 if she thought she could win.

Clinton is still under scrutiny for her handling of thousands of emails that she sent using a private server. Some of those emails allegedly contained sensitive information about the terrorist attack in Benghazi in 2012.

Clinton's missing emails have been a sore spot for Republicans since the story came to light. President Donald Trump was still tweeting about them earlier this month.

However, according to Politico, a State Department investigation found no effort to knowingly mishandle sensitive information.

"Instances of classified information being deliberately transmitted via unclassified email were the rare exception and resulted in adjudicated security violations," said the report. "There was no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information."

Twitter user @LovingVolTrav tweeted that Gabbard was "going too far" with her video. "Please stop and present your policies instead."

Scott Bixby of The Daily Beast tweeted that Gabbard has not received this much media coverage in months. "Her campaign clearly thinks this 'feud' with Clinton is a winner," he wrote.

Tulsi is exactly the type of person the Democratic party needs. Calling out Clinton for the vile person she is. Well done, Tulsi.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So, at what point do we have to admit that Hillary :shock: :sadno: :sick::frantic:was actually right about Tulsi? 

Tulsi's right though. The system is broken. The Democratic party isn't of, by or for the people. It's a sham.

That doesn't make her a Russian or Republican 'mole' by pointing out how f'd the entire process is or how it's controlled by power brokers it is.

You can't fix something if you refuse to acknowledge it's broken.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Tulsi's right though. The system is broken. The Democratic party isn't of, by or for the people. It's a sham.

That doesn't make her a Russian or Republican 'mole' by pointing out how f'd the entire process is or how it's controlled by power brokers it is.

Being an “asset” doesn’t make her an active, willing agent of the Russians (or the GOP). It’s more that she’s clearly valued by both because of her potential to disrupt and distract. There’s absolutely no question that Clinton was correct in saying that “they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.”

Nobody is suggesting that Tulsi is out there in a hat and trench coat, exchanging microfilm on park benches. But it’s pretty clear that the Russians and the GOP place a pretty high value her disruptive presence in the process, and that they are providing tangible support, both indirectly, and directly in some cases, to her candidacy.

I don’t really dislike Gabbard. She has actually said more than a few things that I agree with. She’s also said some things that are flat out bonkers (but no more so than several of the other candidates during this process). I don’t believe her to be a “secret agent” or “compromised” somehow. I do believe, however, that she is an asset, albeit most likely an unwitting one, of both the Russians and the GOP, and the activity (especially online) surrounding Gabbard’s candidacy to-date makes this fairly clear.

I’m no fan of the Clintons, but at this point, the only part of Hillary’s statement that’s yet to be borne out is the part about the GOP “grooming” Gabbard as a third party candidate. We’ll have to see about that one. Possibly Clinton’s criticisms will prove preemptive, although I would not be surprised if we eventually see a third party run for Tulsi 2020.

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Being an “asset” doesn’t make her an active, willing agent of the Russians (or the GOP). It’s more that she’s clearly valued by both because of her potential to disrupt and distract. There’s absolutely no question that Clinton was correct in saying that “they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.”

Nobody is suggesting that Tulsi is out there in a hat and trench coat, exchanging microfilm on park benches. But it’s pretty clear that the Russians and the GOP place a pretty high value her disruptive presence in the process, and that they are providing tangible support, both indirectly, and directly in some cases, to her candidacy.

I don’t really dislike Gabbard. She has actually said more than a few things that I agree with. She’s also said some things that are flat out bonkers (but no more so than several of the other candidates during this process). I don’t believe her to be a “secret agent” or “compromised” somehow. I do believe, however, that she is an asset, albeit most likely an unwitting one, of both the Russians and the GOP, and the activity (especially online) surrounding Gabbard’s candidacy to-date makes this fairly clear.

I’m no fan of the Clintons, but at this point, the only part of Hillary’s statement that’s yet to be borne out is the part about the GOP “grooming” Gabbard as a third party candidate. We’ll have to see about that one. Possibly Clinton’s criticisms will prove preemptive, although I would not be surprised if we eventually see a third party run for Tulsi 2020.

Sure...

But anyone with a shred of critical thinking should be able to suss out that that's only the case because of the failings and corruptions of the Democratic establishment and power brokers. It's what led to Trump being elected last go around and is likely to see him land a 2nd term this election if they keep this nonsense up.

That the GOP or Russia are promoting/exploiting the clear failings of the Dems, and one of their own that happens to (rightly) be blowing the whistle about it, is not something to be put at Gabbard's feet.  

It's THEIR failings that are (again, rightly) creating the need for Gabbard to speak about them and opening opportunity for their adversaries to exploit them.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Imagine Tulsi Gabbard..runnin' for Democrats

You-hoo, y'may say, I'm a dreamer..maybe not the only one

But hope they nominate her

& Hillarreee, is in prison

Youtube showed me Tulsi singing the Lennon gem..pretty cool

INB4 the media froth up all the religious wingnuts on the 'no religion too' part :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1