The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled centre Adam Gaudette from the AHL Utica Comets.

Gaudette, 22, has appeared in four games for the Comets this season, registering four points (2-2-4) and two penalty minutes.

He made his professional debut in 2017-18 with the Vancouver Canucks, playing five NHL games.

Previously, he spent three seasons with Northeastern University where he was the recipient of the 2018 Hobey Baker Award.

The Braintree, MA native was originally selected in the fifth round, 149th overall, by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-adam-gaudette/c-300957228

Guess Adam won’t play against the Marlies today then. Was thinking they would recall him after as the Canucks don’t play again until Tuesday. That said he’s coming off his first few goals at the pro level. Good time to call him up when his confidence is going. You have to look at the silver linings.  

3 minutes ago, mooby said:

Beags was doing a good job on the PK, sad to see him out.  Also really glad they ended up bringing Gaudette instead of moving Granny to C.

He really was as was the rest of the PK'rs.  Hoping they can keep it up and maybe Gaudette 5 on 5 can add some more offensive spark.  Granlund has been solid and Id like to see Motte back in for Schaller.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

He really was as was the rest of the PK'rs.  Hoping they can keep it up and maybe Gaudette 5 on 5 can add some more offensive spark.  Granlund has been solid and Id like to see Motte back in for Schaller.

Yeah our PK was gelling.  Think you're right right Motte.  Might be the best option.  Granlund has been real good in the role given to him.  Hope he keeps it up, it's an underrated role but so important.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I can't help but notice Gaudette is higher on the depth chart than Gagner. Management probably isn't thrilled with story Gagner tried to spin about going on waivers.

Gaudette has a future with the Canucks and Gagner does not.  I think that sending him to play in TO with the Marlies has a dual purpose.  1. Respect for Gags  2.  Not getting in the way of development for Canuck prospects in Utica.

7 minutes ago, mooby said:

Beags was doing a good job on the PK, sad to see him out.  Also really glad they ended up bringing Gaudette instead of moving Granny to C.

Don't look now but 2 centres were hurt last night.  Beagle and Petterssen.  Granny could very well draw in.  I expect it.

Just now, Crabcakes said:

Gaudette has a future with the Canucks and Gagner does not.  I think that sending him to play in TO with the Marlies has a dual purpose.  1. Respect for Gags  2.  Not getting in the way of development for Canuck prospects in Utica.

Don't look now but 2 centres were hurt last night.  Beagle and Petterssen.  Granny could very well draw in.  I expect it.

In my world.  EP40 plays next game.  Even if it's unrealistic that's the world I'm choosing to live in :)

Just now, mooby said:

In my world.  EP40 plays next game.  Even if it's unrealistic that's the world I'm choosing to live in :)

He did fly, so that's a good sign.  Of course I really hope he does play.  On the other hand, they really need to be careful with him.  The boy is solid gold.

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

So, if the Pittsburgh game was today, it would be very useful having our AHL team out East !

I got blasted here for suggesting it is time to move our AHL affiliate to our province or nearby in the PNW even California as other teams in our division have currently.

Interesting to see where Seattle puts their farm team...

3 minutes ago, 6string said:

I got blasted here for suggesting it is time to move our AHL affiliate to our province or nearby in the PNW even California as other teams in our division have currently.

Pretty sure there's a rink in Tacoma. I'd love to see our 'shiny toys', but still think that Utica is the best place to be.

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

California to be close to all the other teams - otherwise it's just too much travel.  

https://theahl.com/team-map-directory

15 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Granlund probably moves to C4 and Motte comes in to replace Beagle but at wing.  No reason to take Schaller out.

Gaudette has probably been recalled in case Pettersson can't go.

Archived