The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Granlund probably moves to C4 and Motte comes in to replace Beagle but at wing.  No reason to take Schaller out.

Gaudette has probably been recalled in case Pettersson can't go.

Yeah I simply assumed Gaudette would be playing.  Could just be an extra fwd like you say.

28 minutes ago, 6string said:

I came under heavy fire for proposing a farm team here in BC or nearby, one person wrote like 3 - 5 paragraghs on my stupidity :) 

Just for the record, I'm not against having an AHL team locally. ( especially if Seattle is also in the area ), but think that the pros and cons favour being in the East. No big deal either way, mainly cost, practice time and being away from the Botchfords of the world.

10 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I wonder if Baertchi has ever played centre? 

In juniors early in his 2nd season.  They had lost both their C1 and C2 in the off-season and were left with 2x 5'8 rookies so Baer at times played C.  

2 hours ago, mooby said:

Beags was doing a good job on the PK, sad to see him out.  Also really glad they ended up bringing Gaudette instead of moving Granny to C.

Now could EP be out also for next game and Granny getting C also?  I haven't heard an update on if he would be good to go again or not.

2 hours ago, 6string said:

I came under heavy fire for proposing a farm team here in BC or nearby, one person wrote like 3 - 5 paragraghs on my stupidity :) 

It sounds logical to have the Comets in Abbotsford but it's much better for the prospects to be able to develop in a different time zone. Sure, the rabid Canucks fans would watch our young guys in Abbotsford and make the drive, but that also allows for our toxic media to drive out there as well and drown them with their negativity. Best to keep them far away where they can focus on hockey. Utica is a great hockey town and they've supported our team with passion since they've been there.

3 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

It sounds logical to have the Comets in Abbotsford but it's much better for the prospects to be able to develop in a different time zone. Sure, the rabid Canucks fans would watch our young guys in Abbotsford and make the drive, but that also allows for our toxic media to drive out there as well and drown them with their negativity. Best to keep them far away where they can focus on hockey. Utica is a great hockey town and they've supported our team with passion since they've been there.

Would it not be better to have prospects already use to our heavy travel schedule by having an Farm team closer to Van? Rather than get use to a cushy bus ride like say Philly then get a shock when they get the chance at the NHL.

I dont think it matters either way. For us fans if we had our Farm team close it would be cool to watch them in person, thats my big push for it to get moved. Plus if Seattle gets a team it will likely be west coast so more west coast AHL teams = less travel!?

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

First for recall for the centre position.... ahead of Gagner and Gaunce. 

Gagner is never coming back here, and Gaunce in hurt I think.  

Gaudette might not ever go back down now.  He’s going to play possessed, so he stays up for good.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Exactly.  Also add in that there's much less travel time in the East, which allows for more practice.

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I think Gaudette’s the kind of kid that knows that the stick is a multi-purpose tool.  Like Lind, he is known to have a bit of an edge.

He is also American reminds many,including myself, of a young Ryan Kesler in the WCE days. Gaudette is from Boston he aint getting punked by anyone. More likely he scraps.

As for Lind he is a prairie boy so you know he is tough and is not afraid of playing greasy if necessary.

Archived