The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

It sounds logical to have the Comets in Abbotsford but it's much better for the prospects to be able to develop in a different time zone. Sure, the rabid Canucks fans would watch our young guys in Abbotsford and make the drive, but that also allows for our toxic media to drive out there as well and drown them with their negativity. Best to keep them far away where they can focus on hockey. Utica is a great hockey town and they've supported our team with passion since they've been there.

The Comets sweep the Marlies this weekend. 

The Comets hit the ice again Wednesday night when they host the Rochester Americans. Puck drop is at 7 p.m. If the Comets game sells out it will be the team’s 120th consecutive sell-out, tying the league’s record.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Gagner is never coming back here, and Gaunce in hurt I think.  

Gaudette might not ever go back down now.  He’s going to play possessed, so he stays up for good.

I watched him in Penticton, he looked possessed then.. so glad he gets a chance in the bigs. it was only a matter of time

9 hours ago, coolboarder said:

For any talk of having an AHL team in BC, that's a crazy talk. I prefer Canucks to have the farm team in Utica for a very long time for three reasons: easier travel and more practice time and also work on other things in gym as they do not play games for 4-5 days at a time throughout the year.   If you play a back to back game in Utica and an away game to another town, then you can have a practice time the next day for next 4-5 days rather than having a back to back games then fly back home and practice two days later at a very different time zone is a killer.   The call-up is an inconvenience if we happens to be at home.   It is not a big deal but very beneficial if we happen to be on the road.  We seem to get injuries while being on the road than at home.  

I would prefer Abbottsford..... get used to travel/city and the fan/media crazy. Feel more like part of the "team" a couple blocks down the road. Players would be more motivated when it's right there......

15 minutes ago, magicman12 said:

I would prefer Abbottsford..... get used to travel/city and the fan/media crazy. Feel more like part of the "team" a couple blocks down the road. Players would be more motivated when it's right there......

PIT (where we happen to be playing tomorrow) is pretty close to Utica FYI ;)

Makes FAR more logistical sense to keep the team out East where they're closer to more teams (both AHL and NHL), have far less travel time, more practice/training time etc.

The only reason to move the team here is so they're closer for Canucks fans. It's not nothing but the other stuff FAR outweighs it IMO.

11 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

The Comets sweep the Marlies this weekend. 

The Comets hit the ice again Wednesday night when they host the Rochester Americans. Puck drop is at 7 p.m. If the Comets game sells out it will be the team’s 120th consecutive sell-out, tying the league’s record.

Which is exactly why the Canucks will be staying in Utica for the foreseeable future .

23 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I can't help but notice Gaudette is higher on the depth chart than Gagner. Management probably isn't thrilled with story Gagner tried to spin about going on waivers.

was thinking the same thing... they havent even brought that up on the radio because of all the Petterson getting slammed talk. 

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

“Hutton-Gudbranson”

81418EB7-033E-4C63-9922-C063E29EF092.gif.d92d409dc3e1589520188a844f318ca4.gif

They were a pairing last game so probably why they are keeping them together.  The D pairings often change as the game goes on to adjust to the situation but not last game.  The pairings were kept intact all game long.

They don't seem to want to break Edler-Tanev up so it doesn't leave a lot of options.  The bottom 2 pairings are averaging less than 17min a game while Tanev is close to 23min and Edler 26min.

In his post-game in Florida Green on the Baer-Horvat-Boeser line said - 'They are finding their way.  It's starting to come.  It's good to see'   

Starting Baer away from Horvat-Boeser must have been part of a plan to get that line going.  He always ended up re-uniting them as the game went along.  

Archived