The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Lineup scratches moving forward

RetroCanuck

line up  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

But again who outside of Goldie Boeser pettersen Horvat and Virtanen has produced? Not saying loui is good because he drives me insane as well, but he isn't a sniper and does not have amazing speed he collects mostly garbage goals. The problem is he rarely has rebounds to collect. He is better defensively than everyone on the list except for possibly  motte. 

He just makes more money than those guys. Is it his fault benning threw a pile of  money at him? 

I wasn't implying that he should be benched; at this point it doesn't really matter who sits on any given night, as there is no one that can jump in and make and impact on the team.  Maybe if/when Sutter and Baer return, we might see a return to the style we saw earlier in the season, but there certainly isn't a rookie on the farm that is ready to step up.  Yeah Benning (or whomever was pushing for Loui) made a huge mistake in assessing him, but I think Loui has to be accountable for his poor play as well.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I wasn't implying that he should be benched; at this point it doesn't really matter who sits on any given night, as there is no one that can jump in and make and impact on the team.  Maybe if/when Sutter and Baer return, we might see a return to the style we saw earlier in the season, but there certainly isn't a rookie on the farm that is ready to step up.  Yeah Benning (or whomever was pushing for Loui) made a huge mistake in assessing him, but I think Loui has to be accountable for his poor play as well.

Oh I agree, but he's better than a lot of guys on this team. I could see a possible buyout at the end of this year if things don't change soon

8 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Oh I agree, but he's better than a lot of guys on this team. I could see a possible buyout at the end of this year if things don't change soon

I think they will wait until the 20-21 season when his NTC becomes modified. His cap remains the same, but his salary starts dropping.  Maybe Seattle will take him or another team that wants to reach the cap without paying the big cap hit.  Nucks will probably have to retain some and may lose a pic as well.  Hopefully by then, our team will be looking a whole lot better, so the draft pic won't matter so much.

4 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Is it loui's fault or is he not a fit on this team or being utilized properly. 

Utilized properly?

His fourth season with 145 games played under two coaches he's been given sufficient oppurtunities to succeed over that stretch.

He's a bust that keeps on giving.

9 hours ago, Cameron88188 said:

TG can only play the Eriksson healthy scratch card once. If that doesn't work, he puts himself in a real sticky spot with management / owner who signed this player. After that, the only other options is to bury him in the minors and that is a lose lose for everyone unless he elects to retire.  The absolute last resort is an Eriksson buy-out a seasons end, but that will be a cap hit ding of 5.5 million for the next few years...

Andddddd we all know thats not going to happen...

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I think they will wait until the 20-21 season when his NTC becomes modified. His cap remains the same, but his salary starts dropping.  Maybe Seattle will take him or another team that wants to reach the cap without paying the big cap hit.  Nucks will probably have to retain some and may lose a pic as well.  Hopefully by then, our team will be looking a whole lot better, so the draft pic won't matter so much.

Wait... expose him? Great idea but do you think anyone would be that stupid?  Gawd i hopeeeee so! 

6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Wait... expose him? Great idea but do you think anyone would be that stupid?  Gawd i hopeeeee so! 

Trade him to SEA, with 50% retention, in exchange for them taking the player of our choice in the ED.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Schaller.

Only if Greener still keeps him reigned and not to fight... what a stupid idea to have a guy like that on your roster and not use him to send a message to other teams not to run our stars but it's nothing new in vancouver...  too f'n stupid for that, i.e. the sedins lack of protection..  even if we had mcdavid i still doubt we'd put anyone tough with him like lucic, even edm isn't that stupid but for some reason here... well... it's like hey everyone we signed someone tough but no balls to use him, like that's did a lot of good, right Elias? 

Archived