The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Apr. 06, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

YES!  Just like that!

(omg adorable little Phaneufers)

Here I am, the day after and I can't quite pry myself away.  Curling is on today...Team Koe playing for gold.  It's played on ice, with brooms...kind of like sticks, right?   Rocks..... just bigger pucks, no?  sigh   Now if they'd just check each other during the slide down the ice...

Koe is doing well so far...the others on the team seem nervous

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I thought Granlund improved too, which is exactly why I'd dump him. Nothing worse than a player who ramps it up once the team is mathematically eliminated.

I agree with you there, I have noticed a recurring theme, he plays well when we are eliminated from the postseason but my biggest gripe is where he has been when we needed him the most early in the season?   I wouldn't let the players get away with that one.  Play well throughout the season and I'd be happy to bring them back.   I would trade him with teams being interested if they doesn't know how he has been doing early but look at the late season surge.   I'd do it in a heartbeat, depending on the return we get.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:20 AM, debluvscanucks said:

So many?  

And most teams do. I can rattle off a list of non Canuck "hated" players pretty easily.  Go:  Marchand, Getzlaff, Wilson, Tkachuk, Phaneuf, Lucic, Kadri...

Hank, Dank , Kesler , Lappy, Torres, Burrows, THE CAPTain Bob Lou, Bieksa, Gillis

There I just equalled your league list with a Canuck list .

Not that I mind because I don't care if the rest of the league loves or hates my team. In some ways it makes it better if they hate us.

ready for OLd NEwsman to chop this post into something it was not meant to be, fly atter @Old News

On 4/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Most I know actually respect Daniel and HenriK.

Kes, Burr, Lappy and Torres...yes.  But remember, two of those players were just passing through and can't really be assigned as solely Canucks.   They were hated before and after they were here and to tie them in to this organization speaks more to someone just "hating on" the Canucks than having legit reasons to. 

Raffi played one season here (I think?).  So yeah....not sure how that sticks here.

I ain't buying it.  People who hate the Canucks are generally lost souls who don't know what they want out of life.  They move here, but are confused and need to fix their GPS systems so they can find their way back out.

The league is responsible for some of this too.  Creating monsters out of molehills.

I'd say more people hate Toronto than the Canucks.  But I don't even really care to be truthful.  Hate away...we aren't missing out on anything.

But weren't you takiing about 2011? That season when the Canucks went to the final and the rest of Canada refused to jump on our bandwagon? the same (one) season Torres and Lappy played for us?

Would you still feel the same way about Tampa if they went and got Marchand and Kadri this year?

On 4/7/2019 at 10:47 AM, debluvscanucks said:

I don't either (re players)....it's not in their nature.  Unless they're just in it for the $$ and most follow a path in life that doesn't really support that.  Play hockey their entire lives because they love it and aspire to be great at it. 

It's not like they can switch it on/off...it's embedded in them that, once they hit the ice, it's "ON". 

Any player who could tank was likely not going to be much of anything anyhow.  With that mindset.  "Floater/pylon" territory...not "competitor".

which brings me around to a question I have been meaning to ask in about 5 other threads, what is so great about our boys "Never giving up"?

I just have to ask, who did give up on this season? I am asking for teams or players names.

48 minutes ago, lmm said:

which brings me around to a question I have been meaning to ask in about 5 other threads, what is so great about our boys "Never giving up"?

I just have to ask, who did give up on this season? I am asking for teams or players names.

I don't care about other teams or what they do.

If you don't understand the importance of a "never quit" attitude, that's for you to research on your own.  Sometimes when a team's getting blown out you can see a bit of a let down.  Burr was one guy who NEVER quit...he thought we could win right up until the point that we didn't.  There are definitely floaters out there.

But the post you quoted doesn't really line up with your question anyhow?

Archived