The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Apr. 06, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Sabres have intentionally tanked for a few years while Edmonton has been, with no avail, for well over a decade. Buffalo is also able to make massive trades without getting robbed and actually ending up the winner (see Jeff Skinner). 

Sabres have been the worst team in the NHL for the last 2,3,5,6,7,and 8 years they're just as inept at building a team as Edmonton is. 

6 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

image.png.990f8cc43a45e627fc70122ec6d3c008.png

So we're going to finish from 9-11 points out of the playoffs, last year finished 22 out.  Has to be considered a significant step forward, by any metric.

Glad you & Marchand posted that trolling network-prediction. I was trying to remember who posted that(reflecting a few wks back in March). Wish the employment of some of them *ssholes depended upon the integrity of their forecasting.

It was SOOOO EZ to throw stones at us(uncertainty with youth & no Sedins), as the season was getting underway..horrendous preseason, & all that...

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Lots of hockey left . Playoffs just about to start. 

Great season for Canucks. Lots of pleasant surprises. EP40 and Hughes made the season exciting.  

Kaapo Kakko at the draft and it'll be a great summer.

Kaapo Kakko at the draft and it'll be a great next 12 years....

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I said on here when we got Pearson that everyone would love him.  He's a heck 9f a player. 

Perfect linemate f9r Horvat. They need Baertchi to stay healthy next season (unlikely) or get them a winger with skill who can pass the puck. 

Pearson gets 30+ goals next season. 

Why the typ9's mister?

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

I grew up hating the Flames but I can't hate the team they have now. They built a contender and were never gifted top draft picks. They worked hard to get where they are now. Go Flames go Jets that is all. 

Not a Flames fan, but this I can relate to...

After all the discussions about how to build a contender, the flames team breaks the mould, and shows it is possible to build a team with out winning the lottery,,,

Reminds me somewhat of our situation.... 

Nah still F@£$ the Lames....

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Suspension or not that hit was the definition of headhunting. This is not a hockey play. Torres was looking to put him on a stretcher. I'm all for playing hard and physical hockey but Torres had no interest in hockey there. 

Only problem I have with this hit is it wasn't Keith on the receiving end... Screw Hawks and whiny Toews...

4 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Good competitive game from the team.  Would have been nice to see them win, but taking it to OT was good.  (points didn't matter, their draft position was already settled)

Demko had an overall good game, some really good saves,  although he was very lucky on occasions, and did let in one bad goal.  (Tarasenko)  As I have said before, he is not as technically sound as Marky, but that is something you can learn... you can't teach reaction, competitiveness and fire in the belly.  Which he has.  By the way, I don't think Marky and Demko like each other... there is not the same friendly interactions I saw with Marky and Nilsson and Marky and Miller.  But hey, competition is good.  B)

Nice to see Petey get off the schneid... he needed to get that goal so he won't be thinking too much at the start of next year.

Lets hope that Tanner Pearson picks up his play next year on the same level as he ended this season... cause he is RED HOT.  He definitely seems to have found a place with Bo on the #2 Checking Line.  If Baertschi can come back and play with them, the Canucks will have a dual threat with their top two lines.

Good game by Quinn Hughes... although what I find frustrating is that with Green's coaching system the other players are not taking advantage of his up ice rushes... several times he gained the zone and was ready to dish off to an uncovered Canuck... except there was no one there... they weren't anticipating what he could do.

Although Edler did take two penalties and ended up -1... he made a lot of good plays in the D Zone and was physical... I love it when big guys like Maroon or Tarasenko, who outweigh Eddie by 10-15 lbs get tossed around by our deceptively strong Swede.  And that Tarasenko line is a really good one... O'Reilly is a star although he doesn't get as much attention as he deserves.

Also liked Rafferty's game.  In my opinion he was not that impressive in his first start, but he improved this game.

On to next season!   Trending UP

Sorry, but how do you get to this conclusion Buzz? I think Marky has always look very happy for Demko, when he's done well...

Thats it folks, curtains....

But what a change in outlook from same time last year....

I was really concerned that Bo's talent could end up being wasted in Vancouver, as the future at this time last season seemed fairly far away...But man have they young guns changed that View point.

EP exploding on to the scene with the best rookie record ever in Vancouver.

Quinn showing he is ready,

Marky turning in to a solid no.1 and Demko showing up big...

Boeser improving

Pearson....wow what a trade he's been for Guddy. He brought all the tools used in LA with him to Vancouver...

Roussel... lifting the Burrows/Dorsett mantra

Edler rolling back the years,

Stecher coming of age

And talk about veteran mentoring... a special mention to one of the biggest surprises, which has been Luke Schenn... Damn has he been a welcome addition to this team.

Enjoy summer folks...

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sabres are hot garbage, all that young talent but tanking shamelessly again this year.  Rebuilding for how many years?  Changed management, changed coaches, picked #1, #2 twice, #8 three times, all in the last 6 years and yet still behind us.  Like Edmonton, there's something wrong there.

Buffalo have been on managerial tanks several times recently. Three by my count. It's deliberate and should be stomped on by the league. Oilers are just inept, but I feel their poor record is sadly just the best they can do. Bettman has to take Buffalo to task !

4 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Getting the extra point tonight made no difference to the Canucks draft position.

In fact, winning would have made no difference.  It was all settled by Anaheim not getting any points.

Yes it did ! If the 'nucks had lost, they would have been tied with Ducks for points plus the first tie breaker 'wins'. The 2nd tie breaker 'ROW' had Ducks with the higher number, pushing us to pick #8 pre lotto ! One point or a win meant #9 allocation.

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Thats it folks, curtains....

But what a change in outlook from same time last year....

I was really concerned that Bo's talent could end up being wasted in Vancouver, as the future at this time last season seemed fairly far away...But man have they young guns changed that View point.

EP exploding on to the scene with the best rookie record ever in Vancouver.

Quinn showing he is ready,

Marky turning in to a solid no.1 and Demko showing up big...

Boeser improving

Pearson....wow what a trade he's been for Guddy. He brought all the tools used in LA with him to Vancouver...

Roussel... lifting the Burrows/Dorsett mantra

Edler rolling back the years,

Stecher coming of age

And talk about veteran mentoring... a special mention to one of the biggest surprises, which has been Luke Schenn... Damn has he been a welcome addition to this team.

Enjoy summer folks...

It's a general comment..but when a GM is nonchalant about cap space(plenty to spare) the offers likely will start getting sweeter. It's usually the counterpart who HAS to sweeten the pot.

Prob another reason JB spent some extra picks, early-on. We were the ones then who had too little cap, & an excess of NTC's, unappealing vets, etc...

Watched some darn good games this season and it has een fun to watch the new core take shape. Thanks for the laughs and information on this forum - you are a great group .

Enjoy the off season

Look forward to the draft

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

Suspension or not that hit was the definition of headhunting. This is not a hockey play. Torres was looking to put him on a stretcher. I'm all for playing hard and physical hockey but Torres had no interest in hockey there. 

From the angle I don’t see direct hit to the head.  He may have hit the head but he went through the chest to get there the way I see it.  You will also notice that Torres isn’t taking skating strides leading to the hit - he is gliding.  If anything the hit could have been far worse.

Vey just scored off his thigh pad for CSKA playoffs to tie the game but was called back.

High sticking penalty called back with video review, the stick that hit his face was a team mates stick.. They pulled the SKA player out of the penalty box on review.

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Not a Flames fan, but this I can relate to...

After all the discussions about how to build a contender, the flames team breaks the mould, and shows it is possible to build a team with out winning the lottery,,,

Reminds me somewhat of our situation.... 

Nah still F@£$ the Lames....

Eh?

Monohan was pretty high I believe and Bennett was supposed to be near 1st overall but his pull-up test screwed him up lol. And um Tkachuk was 6th and rumoured to go as high as third.

Joking aside, they had some good picks. Even baertschit was sort of high at 13 I believe.

Flames are nothing special. They got plenty of good picks.

Archived