The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PREDICT THE SCORE CONTEST: Conclusion

Canuck_Fan_52

To all my fellow participants:

Thank you for making this contest possible for another season!  I cannot believe we finally made it!

Congratulations to RogersTowell and Roberts for being joint winners this season (31 Points)!

Thanks to coastal.view for your encouraging words throughout the season.

Enjoy the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs!  Have a great summer! :towel::gocan::canucks:

Final Standings:

image.thumb.png.b80f1f0b5a0a35ffee4d8d191aba57f9.png

Decided that my strategy at the beginning of the season would be based on a low-scoring mostly losing season.

I guessed 4-2 for the opposition every game thinking we would be down 3-2 and get scored on with the goalie pulled. I was still cheering for the Canucks was just trying to be strategic. We did not lose 4-2 once this season. 

I'm tied for 24th!  Yay?  :lol:

I love this series and try to play every game.  Obviously my prognostication skills are not so good.

A couple of ideas for next year...

Maybe make getting the total score right worth more points, but make bonus questions a little easier.  Such as:

- a point for predicting the winning team

- easier bonus questions such as over/under (could be goals, shots, or penalties) or multiple choice (such as which goalie makes more saves, or which team takes more penalties)

This way it's a bigger reward for nailing the game score, but more opportunity to get on the score board.

Like I said, it's just an idea.  I can't wait for next year's series.

Thanks for doing this!

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

I'm tied for 24th!  Yay?  :lol:

I love this series and try to play every game.  Obviously my prognostication skills are not so good.

A couple of ideas for next year...

Maybe make getting the total score right worth more points, but make bonus questions a little easier.  Such as:

- a point for predicting the winning team

- easier bonus questions such as over/under (could be goals, shots, or penalties) or multiple choice (such as which goalie makes more saves, or which team takes more penalties)

This way it's a bigger reward for nailing the game score, but more opportunity to get on the score board.

Like I said, it's just an idea.  I can't wait for next year's series.

Thanks for doing this!

These are good ideas. Any changes that would separate the top of the leaderboard from the middle and bottom of the group. With the current rules, it's closely grouped together with not enough separation. With the way scoring had increased this year, it was harder to predict the scores. As you mentioned, more points for the correct score and a bit easier bonus questions than the current ones where it's hard to pinpoint the exact number. Another possible idea -- how about an additional point for getting the correct team right?

Maybe something like:

Correct score + team - 3 points

Correct team - 1 point (if the score was not predicted correctly)

Bonus point - 1 point

Correct score + team + bonus point - 5 points

Thanks again for all your work!

Here's my idea for a point system:

-Correct team+score & bonus question: 5 points

-Correct team+score: 3 points

-Correct team: 1 point

-Correct bonus question: 1 point

and maybe something with score being half right: (may get complicated though)

-Winning team's amount of goals correct: 1 point (for example, you predict 4-2 Canucks and the score is 4-1 Canucks, you get 1 point for correctly predicting the winning teams amount of goals)

Nothing wrong with the point system now, just my idea.

Great job again Canuck_fan_52 and thank you for hosting. I picked this team in 2012 and what a ride so far from over in the UK. All my friends have Stanley cup teams and I get a hard time but this team will come good. I holiday each year in Vancouver and get as many games in as I can. This game makes me feel connected to the fans so for that thank you. Have a great summer and see you next season 

Archived