The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At Number 10 Who do we take?

Rate this topic

aqua59

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Was Demko the 10th pick overall in his draft year?

Yes, to Newhook.  I could see him falling to 40.  

To 40? Really? No wayyyyy. Hands too good. I could see late first round but I don't even see him falling out of the top 20. 

3 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

No ty, he could drive play right up to the playoffs and then he'd get run over and squashed like a bug on a windshield.. no thanks, the last thing we need is undersized players if we want to ever get past the first round 

100% agree iceman - I've made similar comments in many, many different threads and the morons keep coming back with - what about Krug and Rat Boy....I've pretty much given up pointing out how the small guys have virtually disappeared from the playoffs recently. 

At this point, just about the only unequivocal "NO's" for me are Caufield/Newhook. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, MikeyD said:

He was as positionally strong as Luongo, you're correct. Luongo was never a positionally solid goaltender though. He was reactionary, which is why he couldn't compete in the league in his later years. 

Well, it's true that Luongo isn't that good now that he is 40 years old. But then I doubt if you could find any NHL player at any position who was as good at 40 as he was 10 years earlier. But when Lu was 35, his save percentage was .924. When he was 36, it was .921, at 37 it was .922, at 38 it was .915, and the year he turned 39, his save percentage was .929, 4th in the NHL among goalies playing more than 10 games. So in most of his late 30s his save percentage was higher than his career average of .919.

You claim he couldn't compete in his later years. So what exactly would he need to do to be able to compete to your satisfaction? You know that he is almost certainly going to make it into the Hall of Fame, right? Maybe you should let the NHL know about his deficiencies before they make that terrible mistake. I am sure they would be happy to have you share your vast wisdom with them.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Haha 1

Boldy and Seider are the best fits for the Canucks line up, IMO. Both address needs, have size and skill,

won't shy away from physical play, and neither are a reach. Bold will probably be gone by 10. Seider should

be available. Having a big, skilled, mobile RHD is something we desperately need.

• Upvote 1