The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

People seem to just not get it. We have all the leverage. They have none.

There's ZERO reason to do this deal for a 'fair' price. We don't need Lucic in ANY way. There's more advantage to us to let him rot there and weigh them down with cap and slow skating and eating and ED spot vs taking some middling pick etc to HELP THEM OUT.

They're a freaking division rival for crying out loud. They either pay up and suffer or keep him...and suffer. Their choice. In no way should we be doing then a favor.

As long as Benning doesn’t lose sight of that, I’m good.

I’d love to Lucic in a Canucks uniform, and Benning picking at 8th and 10th this month. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There's ZERO reason to do this deal for a 'fair' price. We don't need Lucic in ANY way. There's more advantage to us to let him rot there and weigh them down with cap and slow skating and eating and ED spot vs taking some middling pick etc to HELP THEM OUT.

They're a freaking division rival for crying out loud. They either pay up and suffer or keep him...and suffer. Their choice. In no way should we be doing then a favor.

Ewwww. Someone who wants to play here.

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Per Dreger, Benning sees value in adding Lucic with several smallish players on the roster as he brings bite. 

39 minutes ago, mll said:

Per Dreger, Benning sees value in adding Lucic with several smallish players on the roster as he brings bite. 

Dreger.....guys a tool. Way to go out on a limb with your reporting there. Cant stand him. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Someone who wants to play here now that he didn’t do so well in Edmonton. Let’s be honest. He had the chance a few years back but chose to play in edmonton. 

Been thinking of that actually. I think it would’ve been “too soon”... As in too soon after winning a Cup.

He might’ve been Messier-ed by the rabid Vanfan to which there is no return.

Now is the time.

Lucic may look foolish protecting Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and Juolevi but you are sure the opposition is bruised going home. Add Lucic to Schenn and Pearson as rescued players and along with Beagle and Roussel (ir), the kids develop in a safe environment.

Let Lucic danielsan Virtanen.

Lucic did well in Boston, he did well in L.A. and he did well his first year in Edmonton. The trend on him is that he is likely to fit on a new team. He looked fit at the Giants ceremony.

Only good can come of this.

#erikssonblah

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Been thinking of that actually. I think it would’ve been “too soon”... As in too soon after winning a Cup.

He might’ve been Messier-ed by the rabid Vanfan to which there is no return.

Now is the time.

Lucic may look foolish protecting Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and Juolevi but you are sure the opposition is bruised going home. Add Lucic to Schenn and Pearson as rescued players and along with Beagle and Roussel (ir), the kids develop in a safe environment.

Let Lucic danielsan Virtanen.

Lucic did well in Boston, he did well in L.A. and he did well his first year in Edmonton. The trend on him is that he is likely to fit on a new team. He looked fit at the Giants ceremony.

Only good can come of this.

#erikssonblah

If he does come here and lays a beating on anyone who roughs up the young stallions, he’ll wont look foolish. He’ll look right at home. 

As as you say, there is no telling as to whether or not Lucic will continue to regress or if he’ll find his game again. 

My feeling is is that this can’t be a one for one swap, as he’ll have to be protected in the draft, if I’m not mistaken. If Edmonton wants to send him elsewhere, they will have, and I mean HAVE, to add a high pick or strong prospect. Frankly, Pullijarvi would be a fine addition. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If he does come here and lays a beating on anyone who roughs up the young stallions, he’ll wont look mean. He’ll look right at home. 

As as you say, there is no telling as to whether or not Lucic will continue to regress or if he’ll find his game again. 

My feeling is is that this can’t be a one for one swap, as he’ll have to be protected in the draft, if I’m not mistaken. If Edmonton wants to send him elsewhere, they will have, and I mean HAVE, to add a high pick or strong prospect. Frankly, Pullijarvi would be a fine addition. 

Yep, been advocating this for some time:

VAN

Lucic

Puljujarvi

EDM

Eriksson

Hutton

Edited by Me_

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

To Edm: Eriksson, Goldobin

To Van: Lucic, Yamamoto

Now we’re talking sense. 

Hockey trades.

Personally I would rather have two Fins that can talk their game together.

4OA16 & 5OA16 on the same team. If only 3OA16 could have another down year...

... And Lucic.

Edited by Me_

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Yep

VAN

Lucic

Puljujarvi

EDM

Eriksson

Hutton

No. The Canucks don’t add. Just Eriksson going. Personally, if Holland wants it to happen today, he adds the 8th overall instead of Jesse with Milan “The Shift” Lucic.  

Benning just sends Eriksson. 

Save Hutton for Montreal. 

To Montreal:

Chris Tanev

Brandon Sutter

Ben Hutton, and

Guillame Brisebois

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber 

Brendan Gallagher

Homegrown truculence. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No. The Canucks don’t add. Just Eriksson going. Personally, if Holland wants it to happen today, he adds the 8th overall instead of Jesse with Milan “The Shift” Lucic.  

To Montreal:

Chris Tanev

Brandon Sutter

Ben Hutton, and

Guillame Brisebois

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber 

Brendan Gallagher

Homegrown truculence. 

Haha haha. You’re joking right?  Montreal does this why? 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

To Montreal:

Chris Tanev

Brandon Sutter

Ben Hutton, and

Guillame Brisebois

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber 

Brendan Gallagher

Homegrown truculence. 

I don’t see Holland parting with the 8OA19 since picks are so valuable now. Unless it makes absolute sense. Perhaps it can make sense. 

I am very intrigued about Puljujarvi. 21 years old. He’s not fubar in any way; just absolutely misdirected in his progress, which is what Green is good at.

VAN

8OA19

Puljujarvi

Lucic

EDM

Eriksson @ 50% retained

Sutter @ 50% retained

The Canucks eat $3.000MIL/ yr x 3 in Eriksson salary and $2.188/ yr x 2 in Sutter salary.

The Oilers save money, resolve forward defensive leaks and shed organizational problems for the price of a 1st round pick which they have no system to develop them in. It also gives McDavid an indication that the Oilers are serious in committing to him.

The Canucks receive a second 1st rounder at their own hosted draft for the Benning team to double whammy on local turf, a pair of future Cup winners to go with their already growing core.

Puljujarvi is given clean slate and has someone to connect to in Juolevi and I cannot emphasize this enough and equally for Juolevi to have someone to fully connect to in a Finish hockey way. 

And Lucic, who at $6,000,000, could be an anchor, or be on one of the most iconic picture in Canucks history when they win the Cup. And every single time he hit someone, it was one less hit on us.

The Canucks take on an extra $5.100MIL in salary for the 21yr old 4OA16 and the 8OA19.

We know Benning comes out near or on top of the entire draft whether he picks once or picks twice. That’s his game.

Add two more Boeser/Pettersson/Hughes type players and the Canucks shave a couple of years to the Cup. 

How deep are the Acquilini’s pockets on that one?

Edited by Me_

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

Bergevin will sign Erik Karlsson and Artemi Panarin. 

Even if by some miracle that happened. They still wouldn’t trade two core players and leaders of the team for a selection of spare parts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

I don’t see Holland parting with the 8OA19 since picks are so valuable now. Unless it makes absolute sense. Perhaps it can make sense. 

I am very intrigued about Puljujarvi. 21 years old. He’s not fubar in any way; just absolutely misdirected in his progress, which is what Green is good at.

VAN

8OA19

Puljujarvi

Lucic

EDM

Eriksson @ 50% retained

Sutter @ 50% retained

The Canucks eat $3.000MIL/ yr x 3 in Eriksson salary and $2.188/ yr x 2 in Sutter salary.

The Oilers save money, resolve forward defensive leaks and shed organizational problems for the price of a 1st round pick which they have no system to develop them in. It also gives McDavid an indication that the Oilers are serious in committing to him.

The Canucks receive a second 1st rounder at their own hosted draft for the Benning team to double whammy on local turf, a pair of future Cup winners to go with their already growing core.

Puljujarvi is given clean slate and has someone to connect to in Juolevi and I cannot emphasize this enough and equally for Juolevi to have someone to fully connect to in a Finish hockey way. 

And Lucic, who at $6,000,000, could be an anchor, or be on one of the most iconic picture in Canucks history when they win the Cup. And every single time he hit someone, it was one less hit on us.

The Canucks take on an extra $5.100MIL in salary for the 21yr old 4OA16 and the 8OA19.

We know Benning comes out near or on top of the entire draft whether he picks once or picks twice. That’s his game.

Add two more Boeser/Pettersson/Hughes type players and the Canucks shave a couple of years to the Cup. 

How deep are the Acquilini’s pockets on that one?

If we take on Lucic contract we are not retaining salary on players going the other way. It's going to be bad contract fo bad contract plus a sweetener to the Canucks as we are getting the worse contract. Personally I hope Benning doesn't do this as it has  messier 2.0 feel to it to me. Benning is supposed to be big on character. Don't think Looch is the type of character we want nor do I think he would be a good mentor.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Even if by some miracle that happened. They still wouldn’t trade two core players and leaders of the team for a selection of spare parts. 

You're getting sleepy

Edited by PhillipBlunt

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

To Montreal:

Chris Tanev

Brandon Sutter

Ben Hutton, and

Guillame Brisebois

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber 

Brendan Gallagher

Homegrown truculence. 

Give me a break. A bunch of mediocre stuff for Montreal's best players. Wake up.  :frantic:

You have gone FULL ON HOMER eh? lol

• Upvote 1